SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
This is very ture. I was a born Smith & Wesson & 1911 man. Fell deeply in love with Sigs and found my way to being a handgun guy. I do still like Rifes and a good Shotgun.
Got a Glock 19 and thought that if I don't like it I knew I could always sell it or trade with no troubles. My Glock 19 is a great gun. Fun to shoot, feels great. Mine has night sights and a set if CT Laser Grips. Insight M3 light is mounted on it and I call it The Night Fighter! Stays real close to a spot in my house for easy reach.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Big Grin LOL! You are sooooo right. Actually for me, the Glock 30 was my first gun purchase. I have left and come back to Glocks over the years. Now I have 4...they will stay in the collection...

As long as I am confessing, I have been spending extra time with my Beretta lately too...

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere in this thread about the cost of glocks and how they are a great plastic gun for the price and that is why so many people buy them. I am not arguing that point. Buy what you shoot well. For me I do not shoot glocks well so I bought a sp 2022 instead. A great alternative for the guys who want a decocker, don't like the grip angle, just don't shoot them well, etc. There are many other great choices as well. FNP, XD, etc. Again, buy what you shoot well.

----------------------------------
"That which depends on me, I can do; that which depends on the enemy cannot be certain." Mei Yao-ch'en, The Art of War

Posts: 404 | Location: Springfield, OR | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Ok....I confess....I have a G22 and a G19....love them both

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10367 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are great weapons. I shoot my 19 just as well as I do my 220ST. It has snuck it's way into my carry rotation with my 30. The 17 is soon to follow!!

1911 GSR | P220ST | P220 W. German
G22 | G19 | G23
92FS
USP 45C
LCP
DPMS AR-15
Mossy 500

Posts: 195 | Location: NW Houston, Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
How many of you can relate to my experience? I went to the range the other day to try out a few new CCW options and ended up shooting a G23. I'm still fairly new to handguns and had never even held a Glock before that, so no pre-conceived notions here. First impression...felt weird in my hand, especially next to the M&P and my 226. Blocky, uncomfortable wrist angle, finger grooves not matching my fingers, just not right. Second impression...wow, there are a bunch of holes in the target exactly where I was aiming. Not more accurate than my Sig, but not too far behind either. I ended up putting about 100 rounds through it, and the groups were TIGHT!

What's a guy to do? I really didn't like the grip, but I can't ignore the results either. Why do guns have to be so complicated?!

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5286 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Yes... It feels good to get it out. I love my glock.

I shot a 226 all last year and swore I would NEVER shoot an ugly piece of plastic. But I lied. I was wrong. I shot a g34 and it was love at first bite. The trigger guard bites my finger, she feels blocky, and compared to my 226 she's dark and simple - not curvy and sleek. But oh does she shoot!! On target, on time, every time - naturally with no adjustments.

Well that was it for me. I was hooked. Next I bought a g19 to be my primary ccw. And it turned out to be even sweeter than the g34 in some ways. It has become my favorite, hands down.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
World Traveler
Picture of codemaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock

No, I won't. Whoever decided that what feels like a broken trigger on a gun makes it feel good is insane.

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move."

Posts: 6416 | Location: Herding aircraft in Jordan. | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
What's a guy to do? I really didn't like the grip, but I can't ignore the results either. Why do guns have to be so complicated?!

The easy answer for the mis-aligned finger grooves is a grinder and some sanding. My 23 has been "modified" and is now groove-less. My 21SF and 30SF weren't a problem so they are stock.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11041 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:

The easy answer for the mis-aligned finger grooves is a grinder and some sanding. My 23 has been "modified" and is now groove-less. My 21SF and 30SF weren't a problem so they are stock.

I see ya have the 21 and the 30.I just love them 2! The big boy and his little brother.Such a great pair of pistols.Plus you can use the 21 mags in the 30.Its just super!

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
I picked up my G17 within the last week and now I have a G17, G19, G21, G26 X 2, G27, G32 and G36.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mentalcase
posted Hide Post
Yes all ways keep a glock close very good wepon.

Dan wesson 15-2 sig 220
stevens over;under
sig 230 kimber C2 sig 229 9mm

The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."

Posts: 250 | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MarkTC01
posted Hide Post
I have owned 3 (17,23,19) all gone. They just do not fit me. Wish they did, but they don't.

Posts: 287 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: July 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are great pistols. Sigs are exceptional pistols. I own both but in my home a P229 in .40 does home defense duty for me.....

Posts: 386 | Location: Kechi Kansas | Registered: March 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Posting in Court
Picture of UnTainted
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jumper:
A Glock was my first pistol.

And I still have no regrets about getting rid of it.

Mwahaha.

Same story here! Same evil laugh. I'll own another, though, I admit.

"But when more states are strongly armed, as Rome was and the Swiss are, the more difficult it is to overcome them the nearer they are to their homes: for such bodies can bring more forces together to resist attack than they can to attack others. . . .

In attacking a foreign country, [the Romans] never sent out armies of more than fifty thousand men; but for home defense they put under arms against the Gauls after the first Punic war eighteen hundred thousand."

-- Niccolò Machiavelli, The Art of War

Posts: 3467 | Location:  | Registered: January 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
American Viet Kieu
Picture of christuan
posted Hide Post
Have my 22 and 27. Trading off my last Sig tomorrow for another striker-fired pistol (Kahr). I will always love the Sigs, but I've been shooting soley Glocks for the past 3.5 years and there's something to be said for the same trigger pull each and every time.

I still think they're ugly as all get-out, but they work.

I might have to change my avatar for the first time in 4 years...

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 6051 | Location: PacNW | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g26s239:
I picked up my G17 within the last week and now I have a G17, G19, G21, G26 X 2, G27, G32 and G36.

Here is a picture of all my Glocks together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: g26s239,

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, have not and will not buy one. Everyone's got their likes/dislikes. I respect the design and engineering that went into it.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, No, I wont plastic guns are for toysRus. Not even if you gave me one

Posts: 98 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ooooooooohhhhhh.....

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post