SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Looks like the G33 idea is going on hold...

Finally got the wife to handle a G42 today and she liked it a lot.
Running thru Gunbroker ads now, I should get the winning bid on one in a day or two.

Question to those that have a G42;
Is the front sight the same size (height) as the other Glocks?
I realize the rear is a bit more narrow than standard Glock rear sights.
I only want a front night sight, the stock rear is fine.

Posts: 4370 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock..
And eventually you'll come to your senses and sell the freakin thing faster than you bought it! Lmbo!

In all seriousness, I have owned several glocks(9s, 40s & 45s) I really tried to like them just so I could have a beater gun, that's dead nuts reliable, I could leave in a car or whatever and not care if something bad happened to it. In the end, i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle and sent everyone down the road. I will admit the g30 has come the closest to being repurchased a couple times. Really hoping that the P320 will be able to fill the car gun role...

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle

So you bought them in 3 different calibers? Confused

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumMike:
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock..
And eventually you'll come to your senses and sell the freakin thing faster than you bought it! Lmbo!

In all seriousness, I have owned several glocks(9s, 40s & 45s) I really tried to like them just so I could have a beater gun, that's dead nuts reliable, I could leave in a car or whatever and not care if something bad happened to it. In the end, i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle and sent everyone down the road. I will admit the g30 has come the closest to being repurchased a couple times. Really hoping that the P320 will be able to fill the car gun role...

These were made for people like you.. . Roll Eyes
The GRIP FORCE ADAPTER

Good luck with that P250 remake, er, I mean your P320.
If the P320s don't sell, I don't know what Sig is going to do with all those P250 frames... Confused

With the G42 I bought on Gunbroker 2 hours ago, I'm up to 7 and half Glock pistols. Big Grin

Posts: 4370 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle

So you bought them in 3 different calibers? Confused

Slow learner

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a man needs a half dozen or so of some particular model of firearm, to help him sort things out, y'see...

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sometimes a man needs a half dozen or so of some particular model of firearm, to help him sort things out, y'see...

Ah. I see.

I must order 6 Chiappa Rhinos immediately!

I'm pretty sure they're shit. The one I saw in the store was certainly a turd. But how can I be sure if I don't buy a half-dozen or so?

Big Grin

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

These were made for people like you.. .

The gen4's come with Glock's version of these.

They really do change the feel of the pistol.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12650 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

These were made for people like you.. .

The gen4's come with Glock's version of these.

They really do change the feel of the pistol.

Oh yeah............... Cool

Too bad the Gen 4 texture sucks, at least for me it did.. Mad
I traded my unfired Gen 4 for a very newish Gen 3.. Razz
Odd thing is, I didn't like the Gen 4 texture, the guy I traded with to get the Gen 3, WANTED the Gen 4 texture.

Alas, I have no problem with the Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3 grip angle... Big Grin

I don't care for M&P pistols, but it didn't take buying three of them in 3 calibers to verify that fact.
It only took holding one at my LGS.. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
I just saw a used (i.e. shot 50 rds and put up for sale) 30S at a LGS, this thread made me rethink purchasing it, though I don't need another handgun, I've been wanting to shoot/possibly own one of these.... damn this thread!

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I just saw a used (i.e. shot 50 rds and put up for sale) 30S at a LGS, this thread made me rethink purchasing it, though I don't need another handgun, I've been wanting to shoot/possibly own one of these.... damn this thread!

Although the G30S didn't work out for me, it would be a damn good Glock to own.. Smile
A G19 sized pistol with 10+1 rounds of 45ACP goodness..

Or 9+1 with the hard to find 9 rd mag..

Buy it..
Buy it..
Buy it..

posted Hide Post
damn you. Smile
I may just have to call my LGS in the morning.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I just ordered my Glock 17L this morning. I can't wait till mid June for it to come in.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Glock sucks!!!!

At the beginning of the year, I was debating a gen4 21 or a 41. I broke down and ordered the 41 in February. It's not here yet.

I was doing a bunch of sight swaps for a neighboring PD on their gen4 21s. I kept regretting not ordering a 21.

Well, a coworker's father bought a gen4 21 and fired one magazine through it and decided he'd rather have a 41 since he already had a 36 and 30S. Said I could have it for $435. Just a little under what it would cost me new, but I would save an addition $20+ since I didn't have to drive to my LE dealer, so I broke down and bought it.

Damn it!

Stuck my TLR-3 on it and trying to source a threaded (16x1LH) barrel for it now.

This will replace my Glock 32 as my bedside gun. Ok, supplement. Not replace. (Fastest reload is another gun)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8028 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Glock sucks!!!!

At the beginning of the year, I was debating a gen4 21 or a 41. I broke down and ordered the 41 in February. It's not here yet.

I was doing a bunch of sight swaps for a neighboring PD on their gen4 21s. I kept regretting not ordering a 21.

Well, a coworker's father bought a gen4 21 and fired one magazine through it and decided he'd rather have a 41 since he already had a 36 and 30S. Said I could have it for $435. Just a little under what it would cost me new, but I would save an addition $20+ since I didn't have to drive to my LE dealer, so I broke down and bought it.

Damn it!

Stuck my TLR-3 on it and trying to source a threaded (16x1LH) barrel for it now.

This will replace my Glock 32 as my bedside gun. Ok, supplement. Not replace. (Fastest reload is another gun)

^ Big Grin

I shoot my Gen 2 G21 better than any other pistol I own. Wink

Banned
posted Hide Post
I have not owned my own Glock, but I do like them. A few of my friends have them, and I get to shoot them quite often. The only reason I don't own one is because I just like other guns a lot better...and I have a limited budget for guns. I try to get the best EDC I can afford, and I just felt the 229 was the one for me.

I currently only have 3 guns: A series 80 Colt Officers I got as a present from a close friend, a Walther p99 that I have had for years, and my new 229.

I'm just a youngster trying to educate myself, so it's great to read all of your posts. At some point, I probably will own a Glock tooSmile

Posts: 142 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I see a Glock 19 in your future.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I went looking for a 9mm car gun that cost around $400. Thinking I would end up with a shield, I happened by the Glock counter. They had dozens of 40 cal police turn in guns on display. I had to ask if they had a 19? Low and behold they had an unfired, used Gen 3 in box with 2 mags for $420. I carried a 19 for 3 years before I started shooting 1911s. I never thought I'd own another. Great car gun!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I went looking for a 9mm car gun that cost around $400. Thinking I would end up with a shield, I happened by the Glock counter. They had dozens of 40 cal police turn in guns on display. I had to ask if they had a 19? Low and behold they had an unfired, used Gen 3 in box with 2 mags for $420. I carried a 19 for 3 years before I started shooting 1911s. I never thought I'd own another. Great car gun!

G19's are a great just-about-anything gun... Big Grin

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post