SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of VI-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I took 3 new Glocks to the range today for break ins - a 30s, a 19, and a 42. All three ran flawlessly through 200 rounds of ball ammo each and 100 rounds of hollow point defensive ammo each. I love my Sigs, etc., but it's just hard to beat Glock.

Posts: 1674 | Registered: December 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Not sure when it happened... I still love the looks of sigs. I'm definitely in love with Berettas and how they shoot and feel. But, dammit, if I'm not a... glock fanboy now. Eek

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my Gen 2 G17 and my old beat up work Gen 3 G22 to the range along with my GP 100 .38 Special. No issues with any of them. Actually shot the 22 better than the 17. Shot smaller groups with the sixgun but not as fast. Time to reload some more empty cases...

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hello. My name is soggy_spinout. I'm a G23oholic.

Even though all three are Austrian Gen4s, each of the slides have final finishes that are distinctly different from one another. The FDE is most like the old Gen3 shiny, hard finish while the slide on the newest one (the OD) is finished most like a pre-Gen3. And my oldest one, my EDC black, is somewhere in the middle.

My addiction is quite possibly worse than just this, but at least I still have a bit of willpower to have resisted...for now. I almost added a NiB-X Gen4 over the weekend as well, despite my usual animosity towards shiny, light colored slides. But the finish of the slide on this particular example I was considering looked absolutely terrible. From two feet away it appeared fine, but up close it was hard to ignore all of the obvious scratches and scuffs, hardly worth the financial premium for something so mucked up. But the craving persists...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Family photo... Big Grin

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Glock 27 or 33 input needed:

After recently buying a Gen 2.5 G26, I remember why I carried one for over 10 years in my early days of concealed carry.
I foolishly sold that G26 when I got into my XD pistol obsession, which passed a long time ago.

I also recently acquired a G22 and a G31 barrel to run 40cal and 357sig out of it.
I found a good deal on a used G27 in a local pawn shop and I'm going back and forth on buying it, and getting a G33 barrel for it.
I've got 2 days to figure out if I want it or not.

Questions for those with G27 or G33 experiences;
How did it work out for you?
Was the 40cal or 357sig controllable in the subcompact Glock?
Also, did you run it with the stock flat mag baseplate or a finger extension of some kind?

Thanks for any and all input..

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Re: G33 manageability, I found it to be fine. I was shooting someone else's with Speer Lawman, which is my usual range ammo.

My P2000SK in .357SIG is great, but the G33 is almost as good for about 70% the cost.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

My gen 4 G27 was more controllable than my older gen 2 G22.

I have no explanation for why this should be so. But never-the-less, that was the case. Of all the .40 cal guns I've had, sold, or traded - there's been a bunch - there are only two I would be willing to try again; the gen 4 G27 and the Sig P239. The rest of them...was happy to see them go.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I am no fan of the .40 in any gun, and it would only be my choice if there wasn't a 9mm or .45 available.

If you like .40, buy the G27; you'll not regret it.

Posts: 10772 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:

I have no explanation for why this should be so.

I would venture a guess that the dual recoil spring assembly in the gen 4 might have contributed to this if it was a direct A/B test.

Posts: 17355 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:

I have no explanation for why this should be so. But never-the-less, that was the case. Of all the .40 cal guns I've had, sold, or traded - there's been a bunch - there are only two I would be willing to try again; the gen 4 G27 and the Sig P239. The rest of them...was happy to see them go.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I am no fan of the .40 in any gun, and it would only be my choice if there wasn't a 9mm or .45 available.

If you like .40, buy the G27; you'll not regret it.

It isn't the 40 I like so much as the 357sig.
I've decided to pass on that G27.
$400 is a nice price, but then adding another $150 for a G33 barrel, extra mags, etc..

If I do go for another subcompact Glock, I should just go ahead a buy a G33 and be done with it.. Wink

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Questions for those with G27 or G33 experiences;
How did it work out for you?
Also, did you run it with the stock flat mag baseplate or a finger extension of some kind?

I recently traded my 33 for a 19 in a move to consolidate semi-autos to 9mm. But- in the years I owned it, I found it to be very manageable and quite controllable. Surprisingly so, actually.

I ran it with stock baseplates, Pearce +1's, and GAPs. Carried with the GAP, extra mag had the +1; but I always thought it good to be able to handle it with the stockers as well. Not a problem.

I say go for it.

Posts: 7350 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Lowlife...
My 27 was a talo with NIB coating. I had issue with the 40 recoil with my sports injury in my Right hand. 9, 45 and even 357sig are fine.. but 40 in 180 hurts.. going down to 140gr helped but for me the 26 with +P+ Ranger T was nearly 357sig in FPS/FPE in that shorter barrel... Good enough.

Still if I was to get one again a 33 with a 9mm barrel conversion is the way I'd go.... IF I HAD TO HAVE 357sig.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Lowlife...
My 27 was a talo with NIB coating. I had issue with the 40 recoil with my sports injury in my Right hand. 9, 45 and even 357sig are fine.. but 40 in 180 hurts.. going down to 140gr helped but for me the 26 with +P+ Ranger T was nearly 357sig in FPS/FPE in that shorter barrel... Good enough.

Still if I was to get one again a 33 with a 9mm barrel conversion is the way I'd go.... IF I HAD TO HAVE 357sig.

Thank you RANGER20 and others that gave me input.
I think for now I'm going to concentrate on my G26 and go from there.
Me thinks I've gotten caught up in a 357sig obsession than has fortunately waned a bit.... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
For those that have a 30S and have handled the 30 Gen4 or vice versa, are the grips basically the same size, with only real difference being the texture?

Thanks for any info.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's built on a SF frame so it would be like a Gen4 without any back straps installed. Also has the thinner slide like the 36. So basically just the different grip texture.

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
For those that have a 30S and have handled the 30 Gen4 or vice versa, are the grips basically the same size, with only real difference being the texture?

Thanks for any info.

Trigger reach dimensions are virtually identical between the two frames, but some of our customers have said that with their perceptions between the two that the Gen4 still seems smaller. That aside, grip texture, the contour lines (or lack thereof) following the backstrap and the mag catch/release button and the main visible differences.

At the shop I've toyed around with the 30S slide mounted on the Gen4 frame...for me that would be the ideal amalgamation of currently available G30 parts, primarily because of the mag release's surface area for Gen4s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

$400 is a nice price, but then adding another $150 for a G33 barrel, extra mags, etc..

If I do go for another subcompact Glock, I should just go ahead a buy a G33 and be done with it.. Wink

You "shouldnt" have to buy new mags for 357 Sig. Its a 40 casing necked down to a 9mm. There is no reason why a 40 SW mag wont work

Smith & Wesson M&P mags are marked 40/357 Sig and I think Sig mags are marked that way too.

Posts: 7402 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

You "shouldnt" have to buy new mags for 357 Sig. Its a 40 casing necked down to a 9mm. There is no reason why a 40 SW mag wont work

Smith & Wesson M&P mags are marked 40/357 Sig and I think Sig mags are marked that way too.

I know, I'm just weird about that stuff.
I bought G31 mags for my G22 to run 357sig.. Wink

posted Hide Post
Why not start a contributory pool in this thread and everyone kicks in a buck or so, and when the replies reach 10K, or the views reach 1M (whichever comes first) a name is drawn from the contributors and the karma prize is a new Glock. It would seem appropriate for this posting section, it may be another year or so. Any thoughts? Para, does that fit within the rules or is it out of bounds?

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:

Thanks for any info.

Trigger reach dimensions are virtually identical between the two frames, but some of our customers have said that with their perceptions between the two that the Gen4 still seems smaller. That aside, grip texture, the contour lines (or lack thereof) following the backstrap and the mag catch/release button and the main visible differences.

At the shop I've toyed around with the 30S slide mounted on the Gen4 frame...for me that would be the ideal amalgamation of currently available G30 parts, primarily because of the mag release's surface area for Gen4s.

just what i was wishing for, but i am sure it will be a year or so before that happens.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post