SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
quote:
Posted by 1lowlife:

And I still have a deep rooted want for a G33..

GO BUY ONE!! It is the best off duty/BUG I've ever carried in almost 30 years in law enforcement!

I did, got it on GB, it is one the way from the seller's FFL to my FFL as I type..
It is a Gen 2.5 (like my G26) so it will have a grooved, but smooth front strap.
I am very fond of the older Glock pistols.

I should pick it up sometime next week.
I also bought a stock G27 barrel for it on eBay today for $80.
SO I can run 357sig and 40cal thru it...

Pics to come..... Big Grin

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Yes I will (buy a Glock). Again and again, I go to the Glock subcompact for concealed carry.

Just picked up this "used" G26 Gen 4.
The gun is pristine, and still had the copper anti-seize gunk inside it.

Good-looking carry-setup - what type of holster is that in the first pic?

As others have stated, that is a Remora.
I only use that for "super discreet carry" IWB. I set it ultra low in the waistband, but that has the big drawback of not allowing a quick draw.
But, better than NO gun, and I only use that method when hugs and touchy-feely events are occurring.
(otherwise, TT Gunleather, Milt Sparks, or Silent Thunder are my choices)

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I love SIGS, GLOCKS and M&Ps. MY Glock 19 and SIG 226 are the handgun standards for the world. I have both, love both, and shoot both. All are accurate as hell and what I would bet my life on. Glock 19 is carried more just because of weight.

Posts: 14 | Location: NW LA | Registered: December 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I turned my H&K P30 into a new OD Gen 4 G17 and like-new Gen3 G19.

Needless to say, I'm happy happy happy

Posts: 67 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alkaline:

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

You done good.... Big Grin

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

You done good.... Big Grin

Especially since the OD Gen4 17 was only $450 Smile

Posts: 67 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guess you didn't buy into the P30 hype then!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12758 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I'm trying to determine an EDC. The XDs is in the lead, but that choice puts me into another price bracket. Fondled a 26 for the first time. Damn. I guess it will be an on that particular day decision.

Posts: 7596 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
The 26 is a tough gun to beat for an EDC pistol. Plenty on tap, good weight and balance, simple to operate and service. Very easy to shoot well 9mm is simple to do follow up shots more-so than the 40/357 versions that is what I've discovered for myself. The G26 Will hold additional rounds for CCW or HD if you want it with G19 mags on up. Lot of holster choices and upgrades for sites if you think you need to. I'm a fan of the Gen 2.5 first then the Gen 3.. That said; the Gen 4 seems to be a non issue these days and never sure the Gen 4 in the 26 was ever a problem.
I still think GLOCK is a best buy even if it was priced higher.. Durable simple and RELIABLE. It hides well and in a pinch can be carried with the right baggy pants in the front pocket in a good pocket holster...

It is the GLOCK I've always shot the best....
It's easy for me to say I'm a fan and very sold out to the design. I think the 33 would be a nice little flame thrower as well... but I will say of all the Glocks I've owned...The 26 has become my favorite Glock... Sure some have heavier more powerful rounds and hold more on tap and give a longer site picture.. But the Little Glock 26 is a great option for you to seriously consider.. Perhaps you could try one out prior to buying. Then you will know 1st hand.
Best to you Goose5 in your decision.

Goldylocks and the three bears... The Glock 26 is "Just Right"...Wink

One mans take on the 26..

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I would tend to agree. And a very nice looking 26.. RANGER20.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Just traded into a Gen4 17...I do believe that a Gen4 26 is next on the list!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6707 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Caannnnnnnnn Youuuuuuuuu Diggg It!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

Isn't it kind of funny how we are here on the SIG forum. But, Glock is still the preferred gun of choice. I guess we all like Sig, but when shoot gets to skoot we all love our Glocks.
I personally have G20X2, G29, G23, G19, G26, G33, G41,and G42. And a 357sig barrel for the G23. I'm covered.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

You need a 17, 19, and 26 to complete your 24/7 defense platform. Razz
Mount a nice light to the 17 for HD. 19=winter edc, 26=summer edc. Redundancy built in with the 19/26 should one or the other be dirty from the range, down due to servicing, etc.

That's what I did at least and sold everything else. Sold my last pistol a few days ago, which was a Sig. Only other pistol I want is a single stack Glock 9mm Big Grin

Posts: 12758 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
I would tend to agree. And a very nice looking 26.. RANGER20.

Feedramp... I sure wish it was mine I got the pic off the web it just jumped out it was so great looking... Notice the barrel is coated OD.. and the mag bases... I'd like to copy it exactly... It sure is a nice looking pistol...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock... again.

I've run through the gambit of Glocks over the years and I just bought ANOTHER one, a Gen 3 G19 w/OD frame and had the shop put on Tirjicon night sights with the oragne dot front sight.

Don't know why the G19's I've had in the past left me cold, because this one is superb and may even turn into my wedding day/BBQ pistol even if it's not as fancy as some custom 1911.

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Mount a nice light to the 17 for HD. 19=winter edc, 26=summer edc. Redundancy built in with the 19/26 should one or the other be dirty from the range, down due to servicing, etc.

That's what I did at least and sold everything else. Sold my last pistol a few days ago, which was a Sig. Only other pistol I want is a single stack Glock 9mm Big Grin

Hey I like this approach! I will likely add a 19 to the mix at some point. I've owned a couple (as well as a 23) before and really liked them.

Posts: 6707 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Hey I like this approach! I will likely add a 19 to the mix at some point. I've owned a couple (as well as a 23) before and really liked them.

It's a hard defensive solution to beat. It's what I wanted out of the 224 (224/229/226) but that gun failed to impress me.

I think of it as a defensive platform and view those three as one gun. Each just has a designated purpose but all the same more than different. Sure makes your mag interchangeability as good as it gets.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
Oh yes you will............

G17 Gen2
G19 Gen4
G22 Gen2
G29 Gen4
G31 Gen3 <-----
G32 Gen3
G33 Gen3
G36 Gen3
G38 Gen3

....... and my finger is hovering over the bidding button on a G31 Gen3 on an auction site. Smile Big Grin

The G22 is my issued work pistol. We switching to the G30S in about a month. So,instead of turning the G22 in, I'm going to buy it.

I really want to chat w/ the gentleman who posted that he has 53 Glocks!

cda926@charter.net

The auction ended tonight. See EDIT above ^^^^^!

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post