SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, those are not Glock factory pistols, but done aftermarket (FailZero?).

quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Bought a new Glock 23 gen 4 nickel boron finished pistol. Just when you think glock cant get any better they do

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well...
I picked up my new to me Glocks Tuesday.
Took the day off today to attend my son's Bachelors degree graduation and had some time to clean the guns up and look them over...
Neither gun looks like it was shot that much by looking at barrel wear.

The Gen 2.5 G26 looks great..
Pistol was very clean.
Did a little polishing on the usual trigger parts and put a smooth faced G19 trigger in it..

Pistol came with one mag with a Pearce ext on it..

After handling the pistol with the 2 new mags I bought, I found I think I like the stock baseplate over the Pearce.
Feels like I can get a better grip on the pistol tucking my little finger under the baseplate.
I'll have to hit the range and try both of them out..

The Gen 2 G21 was quite dirty, pics are after cleaning..

The slide (striker channel) and frame internals were filled with gun oil.
I cleaned it up and noticed that it black internal parts..

That kinda surprised me..
The only Glock I have with black internals is my Gen 1 G17.
I could not bring myself to do any polishing on these black parts.
I'm leaving them stock, like I did on the Gen 1 G17.

Looks like the G21 slide had some kind of attempted refinish done to it.
That was noted in the Gun Broker ad..

I'll probably ditch the adjustable rear sight for regular stock (maybe steel) Glock sight.
Not sure if I'm going to refinish the slide or not.
I'd like to keep it black, but I've really never found a durable black finish.
Perhaps I'll CCR CPII it like I did my other Gen 2 G21 that I foolishly sold..

Both guns passed a function test after reassembly.
All in all, I'm very happy with the guns...

Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to keep my Gen 4 G22, or swap it out for a gen 3 G22..
I'm still struggling with the Gen 4 grip texture... Mad
Although I did figure out I like the medium backstrap without the beaver tail.
Essentially making the grip a regular sized Glock grip...Roll Eyes

Posts: 4410 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
it's been five years since this started and I still don't have a Glock, I have looked at the 19 a few times but just can't pull the trigge.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
it's been five years since this started and I still don't have a Glock, I have looked at the 19 a few times but just can't pull the trigge.

That is OK..

I'm up to 6.
So my overage makes up for your shortage....

Funny how that works... Roll Eyes

Go ahead and buy that Gen 2 G19 that you want..
It is OK, don't be afraid... Big Grin

Posts: 4410 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
When is the single stack 9 gonna be ready?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12947 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the time to read through this entire thread. Glocks are funny. It seems that people either love them or hate them with very little in between. Personally Glocks are some of my favorite semi autos. I'm a diehard Ruger fan but I don't have any interest in the Ruger semi autos other than the SR 1911's or the Ruger little 22 MKII's.
I have a few Glocks a G19, G23( that was my wife's late husbands gun)a G26,G27, and a G-30 with a KKM barrel. Some haven't been fired a whole lot but I have yet to have a malfunction or stoppage with any of them.
I have my G-27 set up with Trijicon N.S.'s and the Laser Max. I carry that little G-27 on trips or going into undesirable places especially at night.

I prefer a metal or a alloy frame but the polymer serves it's purpose and holds up well. I'm proud of my Glocks and I really don't worry about what anybody else thinks about them.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I need a Glock 36. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6616 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nah, you don't need it.

But you'll buy it anyway. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
It was almost 21 years from the time I bought my first Glock to the time where I picked up my second.

I have always loved that Gen 2 19. One of my favorites. Got a deal on the Glock 20 Gen4 by someone having buyers remorse. But then again, I love me some 10mm.

Now, I need a 26 and a 29 to keep the above company.

Posts: 620 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it spent most of those 21 years in the safe! I don't see a mark on it!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9375 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:
It was almost 21 years from the time I bought my first Glock to the time where I picked up my second.

How are you adapting to that Gen 4 grip texture..?
I love my Gen 2 glocks.
I bought a Gen 4 G22, & a G31 barrel to run 357sig, but I'm struggling with the aggressive Gen 4 grip.
And I haven't even shot it yet... Roll Eyes

I bought a Gen 2 G22 to do the same, but Glock told me not to run 357sig in a Gen 2 pistol..

10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Looks like it spent most of those 21 years in the safe! I don't see a mark on it!

I do take care of it. But trust me, it gets shot a few hundred rounds a year.

10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I love my Gen 2 glocks.
I bought a Gen 4 G22, & a G31 barrel to run 357sig, but I'm struggling with the aggressive Gen 4 grip.

I bought a Gen 2 G22 to do the same, but Glock told me not to run 357sig in a Gen 2 pistol..

Haven't fired it yet. Just picked it up yesterday. It feels fine to me. The bigger grip just seems different than what I'm used to.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:
quote:

I love my Gen 2 glocks.

Haven't fired it yet. Just picked it up yesterday. It feels fine to me. The bigger grip just seems different than what I'm used to.

Understood..
I need to shoot the Gen4 before I think of swapping/trading it for a Gen 3.
The new gun I bought is already used, without firing a single shot, in the eyes of a buyer.
I don't care for the Gen 3 grooves on a compact, but they aren't so bad on a full sized Glocks.
I also noticed the Gen 4 grooves seem more subtle than the Gen 3 grooves.

Main reason I bought the Gen 4 was for the newer recoil spring that is allegedly supposed to calm that 40cal muzzle flip...
I guess we will see...

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The G19 Gen4 is a really nice gun. Slimmer in the back and the sides. It fits my hand better than my custom Gen3.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
AFAIK, those are not Glock factory pistols, but done aftermarket (FailZero?).

quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Bought a new Glock 23 gen 4 nickel boron finished pistol. Just when you think glock cant get any better they do

According to buddy over at West Coast Armory, he told me a few weeks ago that these new batch NiB-X EXOs are considered factory guns, complete with standard Glock factory warranties. In other words, not much different than when SIG farmed out their nickel work for their P-series guns a couple of decades or so ago.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Main reason I bought the Gen 4 was for the newer recoil spring that is allegedly supposed to calm that 40cal muzzle flip...
I guess we will see...

It does the job in the G23. I firmly believe that the Gen4 for that gun is markedly more agreeable when it comes to recoil and muzzle flip when compared to its older generation predecessors.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
being without a Glock for the past couple of months felt awkward, remedied that today by picking up a gently used 19. It really is the perfect size for capacity and conceal-ability.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
It's a compulsion. I can't get off of TheOutdoorsTrader.com looking for one. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6616 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
You will trade a Glock (for another Glock)

quote:
Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to keep my Gen 4 G22, or swap it out for a gen 3 G22..
I'm still struggling with the Gen 4 grip texture... Mad
Although I did figure out I like the medium backstrap without the beaver tail.
Essentially making the grip a regular sized Glock grip...Roll Eyes

Well, I solved my Gen 4 texture issue today..
Did an even swap with a guy for his Gen 3 G22 with 3 mags and night sights.
Looks pristine and brand new, also feels much better in my hand.
As much as I dislike finger grooves, they aren't so bad on the full sized frames.
Although I still might do a little trigger guard undercutting......