SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I bought another Glock..

Wife handled a G42 and liked it.
Got one on Gunbroker and bought her one.

She likes the made in 'USA' part.. Wink

I've got a hankering to buy a G34 slide and barrel assembly and run it on my Gen 2 G17 or Gen 3 G22 frame.
Looks like I can get one on GB for $400 or so.
Cheaper than buying a whole G34... Big Grin

And I still have a deep rooted want for a G33..

Posts: 4370 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Just bought a gen 3 FDE for 400.00 out the door and it only had 4 rounds fired through it. Nice G23.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Well I always look at this and see what people are buying. Today I had to go 5 pages deep to find it.

I've had a 19 for a long time, sold some others but the 19 has never left. Sad I sold my 21SF but got another. Sent it to Salient for grip work, trigger and new barrel. A great gun made perfect, IMO.

Over the past several months I have found some great deals and bought them. Got a 21SF back, 27 almost feel I stole it from my LGS and today a 30S.

Cheers

Posts: 770 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
My 17L should ship this week Big Grin

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
Maybe.....

..........if Glock ever made one of these! Razz

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Plain ol' vanilla gen 3 17. Picked it up few days ago, put about 10 rds to make sure it works, and off to Zev it will go for frame work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
My Blue Label G17 has arrived Cool....now for the 10 day wait Frown

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Yes I will (buy a Glock). Again and again, I go to the Glock subcompact for concealed carry.

Just picked up this "used" G26 Gen 4.
The gun is pristine, and still had the copper anti-seize gunk inside it.

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
I've been fighting the urge for the past couple months after toying around with one a few years ago. I couldn't get past the grip angle and natural point of aim while checking it out, but once I adjusted myself I enjoyed the hell out of shooting it. Pretty sure it was a G23.

I am now 100% committed to picking up a G26 with the Blue Label program. I think it's the discount that broke my will.

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I bought my first Glock..a Gen4 Glock 23.

Why?

Because I "needed" a gun that was going to shoot when I pulled the trigger, but one that I could abuse, hate, clean or maybe not clean, take camping, hiking and not really care about.

My Sig 229 in my EDC, but I did something crazy last week...I went on a hike and I didn't bring my Sig. I didn't bring it because I didn't what to get Christine dirty. Yea, I named it. I sweat like crazy when I hike, and I didn't want to drench my favorite gun in salt for hours.

I've shot Glocks for years, as my friends have them and always want to shoot real guns, so they ask me if we can swap guns when we are out shooting.

I understand that my reason for buying a Glock is not that great, but it's my reason. Yesterday, I intentionally tossed my 23 into a pile of gravel, just to prove to myself that I didn't like it. The gun in growing on meSmile

Posts: 142 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually really like your reasoning!

quote:
Originally posted by rgrad80:
I bought my first Glock..a Gen4 Glock 23.

Why?

Because I "needed" a gun that was going to shoot when I pulled the trigger, but one that I could abuse, hate, clean or maybe not clean, take camping, hiking and not really care about.

My Sig 229 in my EDC, but I did something crazy last week...I went on a hike and I didn't bring my Sig. I didn't bring it because I didn't what to get Christine dirty. Yea, I named it. I sweat like crazy when I hike, and I didn't want to drench my favorite gun in salt for hours.

I've shot Glocks for years, as my friends have them and always want to shoot real guns, so they ask me if we can swap guns when we are out shooting.

I understand that my reason for buying a Glock is not that great, but it's my reason. Yesterday, I intentionally tossed my 23 into a pile of gravel, just to prove to myself that I didn't like it. The gun in growing on meSmile

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Mine are still growing... now I have a 42 and I can feel the pull of the 41 coming!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgrad80:

I understand that my reason for buying a Glock is not that great, but it's my reason. Yesterday, I intentionally tossed my 23 into a pile of gravel, just to prove to myself that I didn't like it.
The gun is growing on meSmile

I feel that is a perfect reason to buy a Glock.
Although I treat and clean my Glock pistols just like I all my others, I wouldn't fret much over a slide scratch or other blemish like I would my WG Sigs.

You just need to spend some quality time with your G23..
Maybe even buy a G32 barrel for it and run 357sig using your G23 mags.
LWD has them for $144.98 + shipping.
Glock OEM Barrels - LWD
You may find yourself hankerin' for a G19 or G21 soon.

It starts with one...
You took a major step in the right direction.. Big Grin

Welcome to the dark side... Razz

Posts: 4370 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Yes I will (buy a Glock). Again and again, I go to the Glock subcompact for concealed carry.

Good-looking carry-setup - what type of holster is that in the first pic?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheFrontRange,

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
what type of holster is that in the first pic?

Looks to be a Remora.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's taken a while, but my Gen4 26 is finally starting to act like a Glock should. Mostly issues with the trigger bar and overly heavy action and break, regardless of whether a standard or minus connector is on board. Sad that it's required a bunch of break-in rounds to get to this point, but at least it's gone 'bang' each and every time (though there were times that had me wondering).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
what type of holster is that in the first pic?

Looks to be a Remora.

Many thanks!

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes you will............

G17 Gen2
G19 Gen4
G22 Gen2
G23 Gen4
G30 Gen4
G31 Gen3 <-----
G32 Gen3
G43 Gen3

....... and my finger is hovering over the bidding button on a G31 Gen3 on an auction site. Smile Big Grin

The G22 is my issued work pistol. We switching to the G30S in about a month. So,instead of turning the G22 in, I'm going to buy it.

I really want to chat w/ the gentleman who posted that he has 53 Glocks!

cda926@charter.net

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cda926,

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted by 1lowlife:

And I still have a deep rooted want for a G33..

[/QUOTE]

GO BUY ONE!! It is the best off duty/BUG I've ever carried in almost 30 years in law enforcement!

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post