SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBikerLife:
Anyone here with ownership experience prefer the gen 3 over the gen 4?

Me. I only own 2 Gen3 baby Glocks but Xer0's post above is the main reason I'm not crazy about the Gen4's- the new texture. I carry a lot with the gun right next to my skin and the Gen3 texture doesn't bother me at all. I also like the smaller mag release just fine and feel it's less area to dig into your side if the gun is pressed into you.

The Gen3 frame fits my hand perfectly so the size and backstrap options don't matter to me.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Wrap it with Gorilla tape. Makes everything smooth again.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I am proficient with Glocks, but I prefer for my guns and my women to be somewhat pretty. Wink

Posts: 417 | Location: Federal System | Registered: November 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalbra76:
I am proficient with Glocks, but I prefer for my guns and my women to be somewhat pretty. Wink
Perhaps when you get a little older you'll come to appreciate the very reliable straight-shooters more than the pretty ones.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
I am really enjoying this little hand cannon, just needs new sights and 3.5lb connector.

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's just the funniest thing I've heard all week!! Smile

Posts: 517 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Perhaps when you get a little older you'll come to appreciate the very reliable straight-shooters more than the pretty ones.

Just making a joke there, Para. I'm 35 and have been in the gun line of work since I joined the USMC at 19. Big Grin

Posts: 417 | Location: Federal System | Registered: November 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Pragmatists love Glocks. Aesthetes not so much.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
Glock G4 grip gripes - I know there are some companies out there that will carve a new grip in that polymer frame with some kind of a tool, but would some simple DIY sandpaper or something equivalent smooth out those more aggressive stipples?

Again, I'm a bit of a Glock noob, so go easy folks.

Posts: 517 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glocks are as pretty as they need to be. Wink

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I prefer my guns and my women ugly...They work better and appreciate you more! Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

I prefer my guns and my women ugly...They work better and appreciate you more! Smile

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!! Touché, Sir!! Smile

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBikerLife:
Glock G4 grip gripes - I know there are some companies out there that will carve a new grip in that polymer frame with some kind of a tool, but would some simple DIY sandpaper or something equivalent smooth out those more aggressive stipples?

Again, I'm a bit of a Glock noob, so go easy folks.

I'll follow this question! I want a G27 (though I'm afraid to actually say so out loud, for fear I'll stumble upon one at the LGS), but my experience with my brother's G23 tells me that there's going to be a bit of, um, modification required in order to make it less brutal to shoot. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list. Gen4 17 and 26. If you had asked me a month ago, I would have said never, but the agency changed the rules, and I feel the are he best option.

Been getting familiar with a coworkers glock, and I am impressed. The last time I shot one was several years ago, and I was not a fan. Since them I have changed to a very aggressive thumbs forward grip and the glock feels much more natural.

Posts: 410 | Location: PA | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The journey is
the destination.
Picture of newcatwalt
posted Hide Post
NEVER - EVER - will I buy a Glock....

-------------------------------------------
Life is tough... it's tougher if you're stupid.

Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas / Henderson, NV | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owned two glocks. Sold two Glocks. Now I have none and I am happy that way. Great guns but I jsut don't like the feel of them in my hand.

I preffer my Sigs and XD(m)s.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newcatwalt:
Of course not, man, of course not.

Look back through this thread. You'll see members who were adamant they'd never buy a Glock. A few pages later, guess what? They bought a Glock, or Glocks. I'm not kidding. Embedded in these 161 pages are the testimonies of Converts. Yessir.

So you just keep telling yourself you won't buy a Glock....while you monitor this thread about buying Glocks. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by MINTPRE27:
No , not me ..

never in a million years
Of course not, man, of course not. Razz

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Of course not, man, of course not.

Look back through this thread. You'll see members who were adamant they'd never buy a Glock. A few pages later, guess what? They bought a Glock, or Glocks. I'm not kidding. Embedded in these 161 pages are the testimonies of Converts. Yessir.

So you just keep telling yourself you won't buy a Glock....while you monitor this thread about buying Glocks. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by MINTPRE27:
No , not me ..

never in a million years
Of course not, man, of course not. Razz

I have been shooting handguns for 40 years, and bought my first Glock a G26 gen 4 this year. It is a very sweet shooter and I bought it 10 years to late. Never say Never

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:

How loud a person protests is an indicator of how strong the pull is.

When you find yourself jumping up and down pulling your hair out have your credit card handy...

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post