SIGforum
You will buy a Glock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5941074751

May 27, 2014, 06:17 PM
1lowlife
You will buy a Glock
Looks like the G33 idea is going on hold...

Finally got the wife to handle a G42 today and she liked it a lot.
Running thru Gunbroker ads now, I should get the winning bid on one in a day or two.

Question to those that have a G42;
Is the front sight the same size (height) as the other Glocks?
I realize the rear is a bit more narrow than standard Glock rear sights.
I only want a front night sight, the stock rear is fine.
May 27, 2014, 07:45 PM
MagnumMike
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock..
And eventually you'll come to your senses and sell the freakin thing faster than you bought it! Lmbo!

In all seriousness, I have owned several glocks(9s, 40s & 45s) I really tried to like them just so I could have a beater gun, that's dead nuts reliable, I could leave in a car or whatever and not care if something bad happened to it. In the end, i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle and sent everyone down the road. I will admit the g30 has come the closest to being repurchased a couple times. Really hoping that the P320 will be able to fill the car gun role...

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic
May 27, 2014, 08:36 PM
bionic218
quote:
i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle

So you bought them in 3 different calibers? Confused
May 27, 2014, 09:08 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumMike:
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock..
And eventually you'll come to your senses and sell the freakin thing faster than you bought it! Lmbo!

In all seriousness, I have owned several glocks(9s, 40s & 45s) I really tried to like them just so I could have a beater gun, that's dead nuts reliable, I could leave in a car or whatever and not care if something bad happened to it. In the end, i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle and sent everyone down the road. I will admit the g30 has come the closest to being repurchased a couple times. Really hoping that the P320 will be able to fill the car gun role...

These were made for people like you.. . Roll Eyes
The GRIP FORCE ADAPTER

Good luck with that P250 remake, er, I mean your P320.
If the P320s don't sell, I don't know what Sig is going to do with all those P250 frames... Confused

With the G42 I bought on Gunbroker 2 hours ago, I'm up to 7 and half Glock pistols. Big Grin
May 27, 2014, 09:12 PM
walker77
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
i just couldn't get past that freakin grip angle

So you bought them in 3 different calibers? Confused

Slow learner
May 27, 2014, 09:19 PM
parabellum
Sometimes a man needs a half dozen or so of some particular model of firearm, to help him sort things out, y'see...
May 27, 2014, 09:57 PM
bionic218
quote:
Sometimes a man needs a half dozen or so of some particular model of firearm, to help him sort things out, y'see...

Ah. I see.

I must order 6 Chiappa Rhinos immediately!

I'm pretty sure they're shit. The one I saw in the store was certainly a turd. But how can I be sure if I don't buy a half-dozen or so?

Big Grin
May 27, 2014, 10:01 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

These were made for people like you.. .

The gen4's come with Glock's version of these.

They really do change the feel of the pistol.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
May 27, 2014, 10:11 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

These were made for people like you.. .

The gen4's come with Glock's version of these.

They really do change the feel of the pistol.

Oh yeah............... Cool

Too bad the Gen 4 texture sucks, at least for me it did.. Mad
I traded my unfired Gen 4 for a very newish Gen 3.. Razz
Odd thing is, I didn't like the Gen 4 texture, the guy I traded with to get the Gen 3, WANTED the Gen 4 texture.

Alas, I have no problem with the Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3 grip angle... Big Grin

I don't care for M&P pistols, but it didn't take buying three of them in 3 calibers to verify that fact.
It only took holding one at my LGS.. Roll Eyes
May 27, 2014, 10:15 PM
terra
I just saw a used (i.e. shot 50 rds and put up for sale) 30S at a LGS, this thread made me rethink purchasing it, though I don't need another handgun, I've been wanting to shoot/possibly own one of these.... damn this thread!
May 27, 2014, 10:18 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I just saw a used (i.e. shot 50 rds and put up for sale) 30S at a LGS, this thread made me rethink purchasing it, though I don't need another handgun, I've been wanting to shoot/possibly own one of these.... damn this thread!

Although the G30S didn't work out for me, it would be a damn good Glock to own.. Smile
A G19 sized pistol with 10+1 rounds of 45ACP goodness..

Or 9+1 with the hard to find 9 rd mag..

Buy it..
Buy it..
Buy it..
May 27, 2014, 10:29 PM
terra
damn you. Smile
I may just have to call my LGS in the morning.
May 30, 2014, 04:14 PM
sphill
I just ordered my Glock 17L this morning. I can't wait till mid June for it to come in.
May 30, 2014, 04:51 PM
Uriah

Coffee cup ambush
June 03, 2014, 07:09 PM
Chowser
Glock sucks!!!!

At the beginning of the year, I was debating a gen4 21 or a 41. I broke down and ordered the 41 in February. It's not here yet.

I was doing a bunch of sight swaps for a neighboring PD on their gen4 21s. I kept regretting not ordering a 21.

Well, a coworker's father bought a gen4 21 and fired one magazine through it and decided he'd rather have a 41 since he already had a 36 and 30S. Said I could have it for $435. Just a little under what it would cost me new, but I would save an addition $20+ since I didn't have to drive to my LE dealer, so I broke down and bought it.

Damn it!

Stuck my TLR-3 on it and trying to source a threaded (16x1LH) barrel for it now.

This will replace my Glock 32 as my bedside gun. Ok, supplement. Not replace. (Fastest reload is another gun)

Not minority enough!
June 03, 2014, 07:17 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Glock sucks!!!!

At the beginning of the year, I was debating a gen4 21 or a 41. I broke down and ordered the 41 in February. It's not here yet.

I was doing a bunch of sight swaps for a neighboring PD on their gen4 21s. I kept regretting not ordering a 21.

Well, a coworker's father bought a gen4 21 and fired one magazine through it and decided he'd rather have a 41 since he already had a 36 and 30S. Said I could have it for $435. Just a little under what it would cost me new, but I would save an addition $20+ since I didn't have to drive to my LE dealer, so I broke down and bought it.

Damn it!

Stuck my TLR-3 on it and trying to source a threaded (16x1LH) barrel for it now.

This will replace my Glock 32 as my bedside gun. Ok, supplement. Not replace. (Fastest reload is another gun)

^ Big Grin

I shoot my Gen 2 G21 better than any other pistol I own. Wink
June 04, 2014, 03:11 AM
rgrad80
I have not owned my own Glock, but I do like them. A few of my friends have them, and I get to shoot them quite often. The only reason I don't own one is because I just like other guns a lot better...and I have a limited budget for guns. I try to get the best EDC I can afford, and I just felt the 229 was the one for me.

I currently only have 3 guns: A series 80 Colt Officers I got as a present from a close friend, a Walther p99 that I have had for years, and my new 229.

I'm just a youngster trying to educate myself, so it's great to read all of your posts. At some point, I probably will own a Glock tooSmile
June 04, 2014, 04:36 AM
feedramp
I see a Glock 19 in your future.

June 04, 2014, 06:08 AM
dc54
I went looking for a 9mm car gun that cost around $400. Thinking I would end up with a shield, I happened by the Glock counter. They had dozens of 40 cal police turn in guns on display. I had to ask if they had a 19? Low and behold they had an unfired, used Gen 3 in box with 2 mags for $420. I carried a 19 for 3 years before I started shooting 1911s. I never thought I'd own another. Great car gun!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers
June 05, 2014, 10:36 AM
Whtwolf14
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I went looking for a 9mm car gun that cost around $400. Thinking I would end up with a shield, I happened by the Glock counter. They had dozens of 40 cal police turn in guns on display. I had to ask if they had a 19? Low and behold they had an unfired, used Gen 3 in box with 2 mags for $420. I carried a 19 for 3 years before I started shooting 1911s. I never thought I'd own another. Great car gun!

G19's are a great just-about-anything gun... Big Grin