SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aenimated1:
Not one glock on the entire firing line Smile

I can almost always say the same about Sigs, and Sig is a local company to us here.
Not long ago, I ran into a guy at the range who was a Sig employee and he was shooting a brand new Glock. Surprised, I asked him how he liked it. He said once he gave it a chance, he loved the freaking thing and it was going to become his new IDPA gun.

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220x8:
The trigger on a G19 I rented a couple of weeks ago felt like the ignitor on my gas grill.

Much like a gas grill, you do have to clean a Glock occasionally. Wink

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aenimated1:
Went to the range yesterday morning. I am somewhat a range nazi so I am constantly looking around me making sure there are no safety violations.

Not one glock on the entire firing line Smile

everyone makes mistakes its what you learn from them some of them will buy glocks and that will excuse them from the mistakes they made not having them........

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Buran
posted Hide Post
Maybe... if they ever make a truly ambi/leftie pistol...

-----
Jennifer
"Now they've found me! At last they've found me! Well, I won't run --
I'm tired of hearing 'There goes a well-known gun!'"
-- Elton John, Ballad Of A Well-Known Gun

Posts: 347 | Location: Brentwood (St. Louis metro area), MO | Registered: December 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Dammit...I need to buy a Glock!!!!!! Frown

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Growler67:
Unless they are made to fit better in my hands and feel comfortable, I don't think so........EVAR.

Exactly...I want to like them so bad, but every time I hold one, I just cant.

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reality sets in as I've just got into the hotel for the evening and hook up to the forum for a quick look. I must admit my G27 is on my ankle and I feel terrible as if I am cheating on my spouse, but its still there, The Block that it is.........
There I've openly said it , my #1 tool is like a Moped or Fat girl friend you've never introduce to anybody! Yet you take her out everyday& always on your travels, its like you keeping a deep dark secret!

OK I've come somewhat clean.......

I still feel like it cheating thought!

TP

I feel a

Posts: 207 | Location: WNC or driving through SE | Registered: May 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHolland:
quote:
Originally posted by Growler67:
Unless they are made to fit better in my hands and feel comfortable, I don't think so........EVAR.

Exactly...I want to like them so bad, but every time I hold one, I just cant.

You can't appreciate or critique a Glock by holding it. Nor by critiquing its "craftmanship" or its "ergonomics" in the traditional sense. Nor by shooting it like a target pistol.

One can only appreciate a Glock by shooting it and training with it as though you're fighting for your life.

Its virtues are deceptively simple and often never fully comprehended. Even people who've owned Glocks for years have never fully appreciated them.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock some time ago..
I shot the Glock some time ago..
I sold the Glock some time ago..
I bought a Sig some time ago...
I shot the Sig some time ago...
I still shoot the Sig....
Big Grin

I'am waiting for a new S&W Pro to come in.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I want a G29...10mm in a compact package Eek

Posts: 8882 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bearstarr:
I bought a Glock some time ago..
I shot the Glock some time ago..
I sold the Glock some time ago..
I bought a Sig some time ago...
I shot the Sig some time ago...
I still shoot the Sig....
Big Grin

Ezzachary keerect! Me too!

Posts: 65 | Location: Buckeye, AZ | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my years I likely have owned a pickup truck full of shotguns, buying and trading/selling as much as hunting with them. I have also owned a few rifles, mostly plunkers, just to enjoy the art of long distance shooting with buddies. Pistols have always been revolvers, and like rifles they were just toys we kept on hand to enjoy the simple art of shooting.

This January past I purchased my first semiauto handgun...a glock G17...great gun through the first 3000 rounds or so. When I decided to invest in the semiauto equiptment UI knew in my mind that I would end up with a Sig sooner or later. Though I had never owned the semiautos I had many times shot various makes and models and found them to be entertaining. Through all of them the Sig was without doubt the most comfortable for me to shoot.

The Glock gives one a feeling of assurance, of simple is going to get you through. Not flashy, not really easy to shoot until you get the feel for it but it will always shoot and shoot as well as it can.

Since january I have also bought a H&K P2000 in 9mm, and I love that gun too but for different reasons than the Glock. Through about 1000 rounds I am enjoying playing with the grips and also carrying the smaller frame. While it shoots different than the glock it really does not shoot any better, just easier to shoot well with it.

Finally a couple of Saturdays ago I followed my heart and purchased the P226 Blackwater Tactical SCT edition in 9mm, and nothing will ever get that gun away from me. I am by no means what I would consider a accomplished shooter but I can shoot a bit. I took the Sig and put 80 rounds through it and then reloaded all 4 mags and took a Mc Donalds coffee cup and used it to make a circle on a paper plate and drilled 80 more rounds in that circle leaving the mark intact at 10 yards. I had 4 fliers out of 80 rounds outside that circle. That gun made me as I have never displayed that ability before.

Each of these pistols will have a place for me, and I can see in the future maybe moving to a different caliber in the Glock, and maybe trading the H&K for maybe a S&W M&P or something I will always have such a combination of firearms. The Sig will be the constant and will be the showpiece and I will fire it often but the glock will go with me to places I go to and don't consider apperances. It will be the workhorse of the collection, the Sig the showpiece, and some sort of a compact for when I need that.

Yes, everyone should have a Glock, but everyone should have a Sig also Smile

Posts: 13 | Location: Florence, KY | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Shadetree.....

Nice post!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I took my new G30SF to the range yesterday for the first time and ran 300 rounds through it with zero problems. Three different types of ammo through the 10 and 13 round mags. Nice tight groups. I am impresseved how well it shot for a small gun. I like the size with a 10 round mag for concealment and being able to carry two 13 round mags on my hip.

I take back every bad thing i said about Glocks. I drank the kool aid and it tastes good.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1058 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
If they changed the grip angle and got rid of the finger notches I would consider buying one. Otherwise, I hate Glocks and they stink! Big Grin

Posts: 10033 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:
If they changed the grip angle and got rid of the finger notches I would consider buying one. Otherwise, I hate Glocks and they stink! Big Grin

he is totally hidding a whole safe full of polymer goodness at home. I can tell he prob even had two glocks on when he made the last post

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
shhhhh....
.....a gentleman never tells...

Posts: 10033 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murray:
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:

he is totally hidding a whole safe full of polymer goodness at home. I can tell he prob even had two glocks on when he made the last post

The question is, has p220forever ditched that old P220 for a new G-21SF yet? Or, is his P220 his last remaining Sig in that safe full of Glocks? I think you hit the nail on the head, though. He definitely has a safe full of Glocks. Big Grin

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rains in Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ok, my g22rtf is growing on me. I just ordered a sidearmor iwb.

Posts: 1587 | Registered: April 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
I never met a Glock I didn't love to hate Wink