SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss_Army:
The curvy grip IS much better and it can be adjusted to your hand so you'll have to try that before giving up on it. I'd take a P30 over a Glock any time of day but you have to be willing to pay a premium.

Swiss_Army

quote:
Originally posted by RobertFBurnett:
quote:
Stopped by a large, local gunshop today to behold the P30. Expected to see valkyries and smell the edelweiss bloom along the Rhine as I gripped the p30. I just didn't like the grip or the pistol in general.

Oh No don't tell me that, the P30 was the one H&K I actually wanted. The USPs grip and I don't get along and I was hoping that curvy grip was better.
I'm waiting to see what a G20SF Gen 4 RTF looks like if its ever manufactured, then I will strike on my next Glock purchase.
RFB

The P30 and my P2000 v3 .40. have super ergonomics and feel great in the hand but the bottom line is I still can't shoot any HK at speed as well as I can a Glock. Shooting at speed accurately is the MOST IMPORTANT factor regardless of whether it's a 900.00 HK or a 500.00 Glock.
In this area, Glock eats HK's Lunch!

If all I did was slowfire or plink, I would not choose a Glock either.
The truth is this is how alot of folks form their opinion about Glocks.

I believe alot of shooters who dislike Glocks have never removed their Ascots and shooting Gloves long enough to really ring them out in IDPA type shooting. If they did, they might change their opinion about these guns.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swiss_Army
posted Hide Post
What is true for you may not be true for everyone and not everybody shoots IDPA competitions. I never said Glocks were bad guns, they just don't do it for me personally.

Swiss_Army

quote:
The P30 and my P2000 v3 .40. have super ergonomics and feel great in the hand but the bottom line is I still can't shoot any HK at speed as well as I can a Glock. Shooting at speed accurately is the MOST IMPORTANT factor regardless of whether it's a 900.00 HK or a 500.00 Glock.

I believe alot of shooters who dislike Glocks have never removed their Ascots and shooting Gloves long enough to really ring them out in IDPA type shooting. If they did, they might change their opinion about these guns.

Posts: 152 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is true for you may not be true for everyone and not everybody shoots IDPA competitions. I never said Glocks were bad guns, they just don't do it for me personally.

Swiss_Army

quote:

+1 Swiss
I know you never said Glocks were bad guns.
I didn't mean to imply that you did!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swiss_Army
posted Hide Post
Ok, Jupiter, just making sure. Smile

Actually, I never met a gun I didn't like. It's just that one can't buy them all and so I keep the ones I like more then others...

Swiss_Army

quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

Swiss_Army

quote:

+1 Swiss
I know you never said Glocks were bad guns.
I didn't mean to imply that you did!

Posts: 152 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Para you're fucking evil. I mean that in the nicest way possible. Pure. Fucking. Evil. I hate Glocks and I'm actively trying to find a G26 now. Damn you! Mad Razz

Posts: 13765 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ooooohhhhhhhhhh!

One of us. One of us...

Posts: 107960 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ooooohhhhhhhhhh!

One of us. One of us...

Still not gonna! (I feel dizzy)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16126 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I remain unaffected! I have not yet bought a Glock! I am immune!!! Razz

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live! From Mom's Basement!!
It's SUNDAY!!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobertFBurnett:
quote:
Stopped by a large, local gunshop today to behold the P30. Expected to see valkyries and smell the edelweiss bloom along the Rhine as I gripped the p30. I just didn't like the grip or the pistol in general.

Oh No don't tell me that, the P30 was the one H&K I actually wanted. The USPs grip and I don't get along and I was hoping that curvy grip was better.

I'm waiting to see what a G20SF Gen 4 RTF looks like if its ever manufactured, then I will strike on my next Glock purchase.

RFB

I love the way the P30 fits and I'm going to have one, one of these days. It is the second best fitting gun for my hand, the first being the P226 Stainless Elite with the wood grips. So a P30 is on the list along with the S&W 460 Magnum Revolver and a Kimber Ultra CPD II. Then maybe I can quit with the hand guns for awhile. There are still rifles to buy after all.

Big Grin

I also have a Beretta PX4 SC, a Kahr MK9, a Ruger 357 Mag wheel gun and a Mosquito. But I do not and I never will own a Block.

Posts: 41 | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
I'm just waiting to find a brand new GLOCK 19 without Austrian proof marks. I know most people like them, but I don't.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Code Warrior
Picture of viking442
posted Hide Post
I swear to Jeebus! I do not own a Glock. Wink

Posts: 5177 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's viking442!!! Where you been, man?? Smile You should really buy a Glock. Razz

Posts: 45417 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As per another thread I started yesterday ("What's a Sig guy to do?"), yes, I will buy a Glock. Dammit!

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
Why do you guys bother resisting? Give in to the dark side. It is the way.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Something something Dark Side.

Hahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 107960 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thrill of getting caught is half the fun...just remember to dispose of hotel recipts and have a good alibi...I was visiting a sick friend, really...

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG Meister
posted Hide Post
I tried...really I did. I shaved my head, drank the Kool-Aid and everything. I acquired a new 19 and tried, and tried, and tried to get used to it. I just couldn't seem to find my "happy place" when shooting it, so I sold it.

Contendo, ergo sum.
I shoot, therefore I am.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Houston, Texas (present) - Utah (past) | Registered: April 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
What's this with the G36 slide getting stuck partway back while in a Galco NSA IWB holster?
I had to drop the magazine and recycle the slide.
That sucks.

"Son, when your commanding officer says, 'Shoot that man's eye out!' the appropriate response is, 'Which eye, Sir?' and if he's good he'll let you pick."
- My father, I was five
Management 101: Push decisions down.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to say it, I used to own 5 sigs, now I own 2, I love sigs, but I see no advantage over glock in a police environment, Ive switched to all glock and xd for work. cheaper(alot), more capacity, better triggers(faster),lighter. I do however like the look of a steel/metal type gun. They will always look better than a polymer, but sadly I thinks thats about the only plus against the polymers.

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fastdiablo
posted Hide Post
i love my glocks. i consider glock to be the best combat firearm available.
if i were to go into a situation my life depended on, it wouldn't be my HKs, Sigs or 1911 that i reach for, it would be my glock 34 or 35. i consider these the cream of the glock line. 3.5lb connector and longslide sight radius.

enjoy glock perfection.

"Gentrification -There is no substitute".

Posts: 1869 | Location: somewhere between heaven and hell | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post