SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've owned 8 of them trying to fall in love. It simply isn't in the cards for me.

"You are, what you do, when it counts."
-The Masao

Posts: 1514 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moses
posted Hide Post
Never bought a Glock but my partner who is a Type 07 class 2 manufacturer has a Glock 17 converted to Full auto and I must say it is a hoot to shoot and very controllable. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of it. I had no problem emptying a mag into a full size silhouette without missing at 15 yds

I am gonna buy a Glock 17 now but unfortunately it will be a semi auto.

BTW I am a proud owner of Sig 220, Sig 228, P6, Sig 556 and have a brand new Sig 228R on the way!

Posts: 613 | Location: Palmetto state | Registered: February 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by adamnewman:
I did buy a Glock. In March 1992 my G19 followed me home and it has had a place on my right hip ever since. It has never failed me.
April 1993 member of the G19 Club here. Just like you, once I started carrying the G19 I haven't stopped.

Guys like you and I, we're trendsetters, and the rest of the world just keeps catching up.

Like I said, the 19 & 23 are darned near the perfect size.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G30 about 12 or more years ago and never really liked it that much. It didn't feel right in my hands, not pretty and kinda klunky. The plastic gun was still a novelty then. I stuck with metal until I found an XD. Looks good and feels great and I like the grip saftey. More recently I decided I must not have given Glock a chance so I bought a 21 it is a little nicer. I finally decided after a couple Sigmas and a M&P that I was tired of the tupperware and have started to go back to metal guns.
After few new metal guns, 1911s, Berretas, etc.
I bought a couple of Sigs. Best guns I own!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kmh3212,

P226R, P229R
And a bunch of other brands

Posts: 428 | Location: Georgia, United States | Registered: March 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swiss_Army
posted Hide Post
I bought a brand new Glock 17 almost two years ago because I thought I absolutely had to have one. Took it to the range once and sold it after a couple of months for the same price I paid for it to some young kid who thought he absolutely had to have one.

I'm sure it's a good gun but I just prefer to hold a pice of metal with some wood on it in my hand when I shoot. The only pistol I would make an exception for is the Heckler & Koch P30L. I haven't been able to get myself to spend the money yet but I got pretty close last weekend (they only had the P30 V3 in stock, if it had been a P30L I would have bought it on the spot).

Swiss_Army

Posts: 152 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got a G17 and yes it is sweet.

Posts: 16 | Location: st. louis missouri | Registered: March 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was there yesterday to encourage a Glock 21 purchase by another person. Does that count? I tried to push them over to a P220 but I failed.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I aspire to own every one of their models... I have the sickness.

Posts: 525 | Location: Cranston, RI | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
I had a G17L and sold it, and I now wish I hadn't. I'd like to get a OD green G17 sometime in the near future. I'll likely name it Gertie...

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of murray21
posted Hide Post
I own/carry and shoot a G27 regularly. I am really not much of a fan of it, other than it's durable and reliable - it's not the tack driver my 229 is. If my Sig 229 were a managable size, I would carry it daily - Just ordered a Kahr PM9 to replace the G27 as my daily carry.

Posts: 582 | Location: Dublin, Ohio | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murray21:
I own/carry and shoot a G27 regularly. I am really not much of a fan of it, other than it's durable and reliable - it's not the tack driver my 229 is. If my Sig 229 were a managable size, I would carry it daily - Just ordered a Kahr PM9 to replace the G27 as my daily carry.

you may leave but you will come back........from one Murray to another you will come back

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just ordered a Kahr PM9 to replace the G27 as my daily carry.

I believe you will be pleased...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Muuuuuuhahhahhahhahhahha! My thread is a monster!

Big Grin

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
My SIG choked today.

Not my Glock 19.

PS - This is the longest SIGforum thread that didn't involve batteries.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:

PS - This is the longest SIGforum thread that didn't involve batteries.

Not true...

anyone remember the BTT thread? Big Grin

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock

Glocks are well built, very reliable, very accurate pistols. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one anytime. Great pistols. They work.

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
The Glocks and there poor fitting plastic frames just don't do it for me.
You gonna marry it or shoot it?

You...did shoot it...didn't you?

Yes I'm going to marry it and no I did not shoot it I was afraid if I loaded it it would go off by itself Big Grin

Sorry but next to my 228 it's just looks like a peice of junk and what if people laugh?
I want to like one but damb there ugly, maybe I should get drunk first or something. Smile

Posts: 5629 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopped by a large, local gunshop today to behold the P30. Expected to see valkyries and smell the edelweiss bloom along the Rhine as I gripped the p30. I just didn't like the grip or the pistol in general. Then I handled one of the new Glock Model 22 RTFs. Loved that gun totally and it will be my next purchase. At LEO prices I can buy two new Glocks for the price of one HK P30 and still get change back. Life is good at the bottom of the abyss-lol. Bill.

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RobertFBurnett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stopped by a large, local gunshop today to behold the P30. Expected to see valkyries and smell the edelweiss bloom along the Rhine as I gripped the p30. I just didn't like the grip or the pistol in general.

Oh No don't tell me that, the P30 was the one H&K I actually wanted. The USPs grip and I don't get along and I was hoping that curvy grip was better.

I'm waiting to see what a G20SF Gen 4 RTF looks like if its ever manufactured, then I will strike on my next Glock purchase.

RFB

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swiss_Army
posted Hide Post
The curvy grip IS much better and it can be adjusted to your hand so you'll have to try that before giving up on it. I'd take a P30 over a Glock any time of day but you have to be willing to pay a premium.

Swiss_Army

quote:
Originally posted by RobertFBurnett:
quote:
Stopped by a large, local gunshop today to behold the P30. Expected to see valkyries and smell the edelweiss bloom along the Rhine as I gripped the p30. I just didn't like the grip or the pistol in general.

Oh No don't tell me that, the P30 was the one H&K I actually wanted. The USPs grip and I don't get along and I was hoping that curvy grip was better.

I'm waiting to see what a G20SF Gen 4 RTF looks like if its ever manufactured, then I will strike on my next Glock purchase.

RFB

Posts: 152 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post