SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Nope!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Haters vs. True Belivers...I like it.

This comes down to what you value in a gun. Almost nobody is going to argue against the reliability of a Glock. Almost nobody is going to argue against the fit-in-hand and accuracy of a Sig or the class, history, trigger pull and familiarity of a 1911.

Is one criterion better than another? That's up for debate (obviously). The best gun is the one that works for you. That's all there is to it. Nobody shoots the same way, nobody holds a gun the exact same way, nobody's anatomy is identical. If you can hit the 10-ring every time with your firearm, wonderful, keep on doing it. If you can't, train more and consider a different firearm - it can make a difference.

So long as your firearm is reliable, accurate enough, is 9mm or better, has at least 6 rounds, reasonably concealable, and reasonably easy to shoot at a fairly rapid pace, then you're in good shape. It doesn't matter what it says on the slide and grip.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That's why YUGO out sold BMW... Big Grin

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own 4 Glocks ( 17/34/35/26 ) and will buy more if I feel the need ( 17L /19 ).
I like them for a number of reasons.
One of the coolest things I ever saw was a man renting a Glock 17 at my neighborhood gun range and he set up in the lane next to mine and proceeded to shoot at what I would consider Expert level with this rented Glock.
It is sometimes cool to participate in one downsmanship.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chucksolo69:
I personally will NEVER, EVER buy a plastic, hammerless gun. Not only are they just slightly less ugly than a Hi-Point and a Beretta Neos, but to me, they feel chintzy. Don't get me started on that ugly boxy flat top of the slide, sheesh, reminds me of shooting a square iron bar. My nephew has one in .40 S&W and I frequently out class him at the range when shooting against him with my .40 cal. CZ 75B. Glocks may be reliable and nearly every LEO has one, but, this guy will never own ANY plastic, hammerless gun.
Of course we believe you. Why wouldn't we? Razz

Ooooooooohhhhhh.....

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I will buy more Glocks, I will buy more Glocks, I will buy more Glocks ....

Posts: 65 | Location: Norfolk, VA | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
<opens closet door just enough to see out, and peeks into the room>

<realizes he's not ready to come "out" yet and quivers back into a dark corner>

<ponders whether he will be accepted by his peers if he steps forth from the closet>

Honestly, I bought a G23 and hated it! It's the only pistol I've ever sold. But I later bought a G19. I don't really like it and I knew I wouldn't like it when I bought it when I did...damn the mesmerizing spinny thing! I must say it is MUCH better than the 23 IMO.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well....alright ,but it's gotta be a green or sand color , no more black guns for me. ( requirement's for SigForum membership could be worse, I draw the line at Snuggie uniform's though)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work for the Sheriff's Office part time and was issued a 35. For a back up, we can carry anything as long as it's a Glock in .40.
I have a 27 and it's with me more times than not. I'll be adding a 30sf at some point.

Posts: 38 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

I've got two and plan on another. Great guns!

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Glock is the frumpy, kinda cute but not gorgeous woman who never ever thinks about anything but you. Who cooks every night for you, loves you for you and even more so for your faults. She's always there, always ready, until death do you part.

All other guns are lovers requiring constant attention, half your paycheck and high maintenance.

No offense to any women here. Wink

-Poly

Posts: 22 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clubster
posted Hide Post
There is something about a Glock and for me, I can beat the crap out of it and not even feel the slightest bit of guilt. The mags are also universal to the various calibers ie: G17 will fit a G19 as well as a G26. I only need to stock a bunch of one size mage for three guns. However, I think they are ugly, cheap looking and have no bling but they sure do have a place in my safeSmile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Clubster,

Able Company Sports LLC -- Licensed FFL
AbleCompanySports@Charter.Net

Posts: 5340 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Glock.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an up and coming firearm enthusiast, and a former guitar enthusiast, I would catagorize the purchase of a glock the same way I catagorized learning 'Stairway to Heaven'. It's one of those things that 'everyone' does. I've never been accused of being conventional. I refused to learn Stairway. I'm also against purchasing a glock just for the sake of having one.

I'm happy with what I have, and a Glock is nowhere on the list of things to buy.

P239
P220
XD40
PX4 Storm
Colt Combat Commander
Remington R1
Ruger LCP

Posts: 67 | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am coming out of the closet! I have a Glock 19. It was my first. After all is said and done with all of the buying shooting and selling...... It will be the last. I have had tried many to find the perfect gun for all occasions. I always end up grapping my 19. As for looks... It's all in the eyes of the beholder...
Thank you for setting me free.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jasper1323,

Posts: 405 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
No. I won't.
CAN NOT.
WILL NOT.
SHALL NOT.
MUST NOT.
Now if you said, "You will buy a Sig" well..... that would be wrong too. "You will buy SOME Sigs"

Posts: 10026 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Hey. HEY, barten...bartender. Glock me!

GLOCK! ME!!! One more before I go.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Brad at CCR, I love my G19 even more!

Posts: 124 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rewr
posted Hide Post
I hate the trigger and look of a Glock.

Posts: 335 | Location: Anaheim CA | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
I've always called them G Locks, and that is not a term of endearment. Stupidest lookin' logo I've ever seen.

Posts: 10026 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post