SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 608 609 610 611 612 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Live in CA so I'm stuck with what I've got...

G17.5, G19.5 MOS, G43x MOS, and a G19.3 with MOS slide and some custom grip work. (Shockingly, the Gen 3 has the best trigger of the bunch...)

Until a court intervenes and it goes all the way to the SCOTUS we're SOL here.



 
Posts: 1997 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

The Glock 48 continues to flat out impress me. I prefer DA/SA and those are my general go to guns. I like Glocks but have never totally 100% gelled with any of them. The thin lines, however, I friggin love.


I am right there with ya. That 43X has become my go-to for just about everything off-duty. I still lag behind my Sigs with it on the clock by just a bit, but it's just so comfortable to carry and easy on the hand when shooting. I took it on vacation and carried it everywhere that I didn't take the .44. It was really nice to have a lightweight, slim, reliable gun that I have confidence in that I could just throw on and not have to worry about out in the elements. Last year that gun was the J-frame, but the 43X carries just as well and is much more capable. I'm still using the 10-rounders, as they've proven 100% reliable, but I may look into the 15s at some point. I'm in no rush as if I want/need more ammo I have plenty of other options.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
 
Posts: 12034 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a G43x MOS this past weekend. I can’t wait to shoot it. For those of you who are looking for flush fit magazines, I got a Turkish 43x clone awhile back made by Derya. It’s shipped with a metal 15 round magazine that sits flush with the Glocks grip. They’re supposed to be interchangeable. The magazine is flawless in the clone. I’ll use it with the 43x this week and see if it works there too.
There aren’t any markings on it. I wonder if mecgar makes them.


No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
 
Posts: 3953 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I bought a G43x MOS this past weekend. I can’t wait to shoot it. For those of you who are looking for flush fit magazines, I got a Turkish 43x clone awhile back made by Derya. It’s shipped with a metal 15 round magazine that sits flush with the Glocks grip. They’re supposed to be interchangeable. The magazine is flawless in the clone. I’ll use it with the 43x this week and see if it works there too.
There aren’t any markings on it. I wonder if mecgar makes them.


Interesting, looks a lot like a Shield magazine.

DY9Z 9MM 15rd Magazine

Although they suggest a metal mag catch for optimal performance.
Made in Italy.

GunMag Warehouse sells them.

Derya Arms DY9Z 9mm Luger 15-Round Magazine

 
Posts: 4825 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They appear to be made by ACT and need the metal mag catch.


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26967 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Cous2492
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Gen6 Glock 19. What a shooter!
 
Posts: 700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
So I got to try out the 15 round flush fit magazine from the Derya 43x clone in a genuine Glock 43x. I ran it several times and never had an issue. I couldn’t tell any difference between it and the real deal.
Of course the 43x was completely reliable, which I expected. What surprises me is how reliable and shoot able the Derya is. I only paid $220 for it, and it has a better trigger than the Glock. If you’re on a tight budget it would be worth looking in to.


No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
 
Posts: 3953 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 114981 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s like a modern version of that “Spetsnaz” Makarov holster. I’m sure there will 10s of people who want one.

Side note….
“You will buy ANOTHER Glock.”

Sigh……….Glock 43x. I love it so far. Holosun 407k, put some Night Fision irons on it. I am a weak man. Frown


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8795 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 10115 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Isn’t that Jeff Foxworthy and not Bill Engvall???


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38695 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
My latest Glock and my favorite handgun of all time.



Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I’m sure there will be 10s of people who want one.


Just like the Glock 49. Wink


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5666 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I’m sure there will be 10s of people who want one.


Just like the Glock 49. Wink


Ouch


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8795 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
And apparently the G29. I’m sure there are 3 other people out there who also want one.
 
Posts: 10265 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If one were to purchase a new or new-old-stock Glock, would it be better to get a Gen. 5 or 6 and skip over the V-suffixed? I like the looks of the 6 except for the ugly tumor forward thumbrest.
 
Posts: 32089 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If one were to purchase a new or new-old-stock Glock, would it be better to get a Gen. 5 or 6 and skip over the V-suffixed? I like the looks of the 6 except for the ugly tumor forward thumbrest.


I'd skip over the V.
I have owned all generations of Glock pistols except the V, and I prefer the Gen 6.
I sold my Gen 5 G45 after acquiring a Gen 6 G45.
I didn't think I would use the thumb rest, but I do.
I also like the overall coverage and texture of the Gen 6.



 
Posts: 4825 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If one were to purchase a new or new-old-stock Glock, would it be better to get a Gen. 5 or 6 and skip over the V-suffixed? I like the looks of the 6 except for the ugly tumor forward thumbrest.


1LL has it, skip the V unless you find a stellar deal on one. That was a CYA move by Glock and nothing more.

I have a Gen 6 45 COA, and kept my Gen 5 45 as well because I've had it since 2019. I'm kind of attached. I carry the Gen 6, and the Gen 5 I have set up as a USPA gun and keep it around the house with an X300 and a suppressor on it. I could be happy with either one if it came down to it. In fact, lately, I've had to do a lot of errands around town and rather than put on the Bat belt and the Gen 6, I just grab the suppressed Gen 5 and the mag carrier and stick them in the center console and go about my business.

I think the Gen 6 has a number of meaningful improvements that I think are good, and I like the Gen 6 a lot. I dumped my Gen 5 17 and 19 to get one, and honestly... I kinda wish I had kept a Gen 5 19. I think if you're the type who is absolutely going to stipple and undercut the frame, then just skip all that shit and get a Gen 6. If you don't care and it's just a tool, get any generation of Glock you can comfortably afford and be happy.

Except a Gen 4. Don't get one of those.

Gen 5 19 for $430:
https://lockedloaded.com/produ...19-g5-9mm-frt-fs-15r

Gen 5 19 with Ameriglo front and U notch rear for $450:
https://lockedloaded.com/produ...-9mm-151-4.0-amer-uc


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19289 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:


https://x.com/ThatRecidivist/s.../2101696356201251244

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=2101696356201251244" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 1271px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 85px; background-size: 200px auto; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]


Just look away...



 
Posts: 1997 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Went to GT Dist for Glock'toberfest. Total snoozefest. In/out 10-minutes. No purchases made, but stopped by Cabelas on the way back. Was looking for another G47 as a backup, but nada. However, they had this pristine G17 Gen 6 with factory box, all accessories, 4-total magazines, and night sights for $499. I actually left, but returned an hour later and snagged it.

 
Posts: 2409 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 608 609 610 611 612  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock

© SIGforum 2026