SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 566
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Harkonen
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I'm going to be picking up my second pistol this weekend (and my first Glock). However, I'm thoroughly divided as to which one to pick - the Glock 19 or the Glock 26?

It will primarily be for carry and I know that for obvious reasons the 26 will conceal easier, but I really like the full grip of the 19. Also, is it true that with proper holster selection the difference in size between the two guns is nearly negligible? Anyone have/carry both and prefer one over the other?

Posts: 44 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harkonen:
Hey guys I'm going to be picking up my second pistol this weekend (and my first Glock). However, I'm thoroughly divided as to which one to pick - the Glock 19 or the Glock 26?

It will primarily be for carry and I know that for obvious reasons the 26 will conceal easier, but I really like the full grip of the 19. Also, is it true that with proper holster selection the difference in size between the two guns is nearly negligible? Anyone have/carry both and prefer one over the other?

I had both. I sold my '26' years ago after I realized that by putting the +1 mag extensions on my 26 mags I had made it nearly as tall as my 19. It does conceal a tiny bit better than a 19, even with a mag extension. But with my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster it really is a moot point for the most part. But I believe the Mid size glocks to be about perfect for me (19, 23, and 32). The benefits of the slightly smaller (height and length) of the 'baby' glocks didnt justify their purchase price. IMO anyway.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Harkonen- I like having the option of going smaller. You can always make the 26 "bigger" with extensions but you can't shrink a 19. To me the size does make a difference for carry purposes.

Add GAP floorplates and it's just about perfect, for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AH.74,

Posts: 7353 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I like the 26 with the Pearce PG39 Plus 2 extension and CT grips. Much easier to get your mitts around it -- plus the extra capacity is a bonus. I also have the 19 and both of 'em get carried. The slightly shorter barrel in the 26 is the difference. Incidentally, they're both OD. Doesn't make 'em shoot, carry or conceal better, but they sure look good. They don't make 'em anymore either.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can carry and hide the 19 as easy as the 26. Get the 19 as that is the one Glock model to own. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Sarge:
You can carry and hide the 19 as easy as the 26. Get the 19 as that is the one Glock model to own. Bill

Agreed. If you want to pocket carry or ankle carry a G26 would be be better, but for IWB or OWB the Glock 19 is just fine.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grabbed two more yesterday Smile

Gen2 23 and a Gen3 21

Posts: 249 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: December 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[IMG:top]C:\Documents and Settings\andersontc\My Documents\TONY\Personal\Pictures\Desktops\SIGs[/IMG]

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harkonen:

I say get the 26. Easier to conceal, and with the GAP floor plates, the grip is noticeably increased.

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by 220ST:
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Yup.. MY 2nd Generation----Glock 19 Life is Good and yes it shoots as fast as my 1911 any day.. Smile

----->
Just got back from the range... shooting my G19.
Reliable as a hammer and accurate as any combat gun I've ever had... Works for me...

The G19 is such an excellent pistol. The Gen 2 pistols have always been a favorite of mine.

Dang 220ST...that G19 looks better than new.. Nice Picture thanks for showing it off...
What Sights are you using?

That is a beautiful pic of a second Gen G19. I want one bad.

Picture of Harkonen
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, that GAP floorplate looks really neat! I have very skinny fingers and even with the flat baseplate I'm able to squeeze my pinky on the lower edge, so I'm betting with the the GAP extension I may be able to get it on there. I really love the full grip of the 19 though, and I shot it really well at the range.

I guess the consensus is the Gen 4 19 is still hit or miss? The recall sure doesn't help its case any but at least Glock officially nailed down the problem.

Posts: 44 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it.
Yep. Since for a 10mm a Glock is about the only reasonable choice at a decent price, or best choice other than find a 220ST and having it converted at a helluva total cost, then buying a 10mm Glock is inevitable for me one day.

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Clueless
posted Hide Post
Hey guys and gals, My name is Sid and I'm the local noob that's responsible for papa's 10mm spot nickel job. The method used is brush plating. It allows you to plate what you want, avoid what you don't. Its alot cheaper in materials and you don't have to worry about jacking up tolerances. Also, there's no Cyanide Smile

Papa asked me to explain my process a bit deeper to answer some of the questions and PMs he's received regarding my process.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have. I'm glad to help.

Its Alkaline Nickel. I use brush plating as opposed to dip plating. All my equipment comes from Dalmar.
http://www.dalmarplating.com/brush_kits.htm

Brush plating in a nutshell:

*negative lead to the work
*positive lead connected to the brush
*solvent purchased from Dalmar contains super high concentration of pure nickel or pure copper. (copper first on steel, then nickel on *top of copper)
*put cotton sock on brush (also called wand)
*dip brush / wand into solvent, and liberally apply to surface.
*clean part, and gently rub with wire brush for final finish. (if you want brushed, depends on final product)

The work is prepared by hand (BEFORE PLATING) using the following process:

80 grit sandpaper (aluminum oxide)
100 grit
200 grit
300 grit
350 grit
400 grit
500 grit
This leaves a flat surface with noticeable texture left for the brushed effect. for the glock slides ive been doing, the sandpaper on a hard flat 3m sanding block leaves black in the slats in the back.
For high polish chrome, I start wet sanding around 600 and go up to 2000. Ive been known to use 3m Trizact for a final 3000. (with diamond paste)

If some Nickel or Copper gets on the glock 'Tenifer' finish, it washes right off in the rinse because Nickel or Copper wont adhere electronically to that finish. Even stainless steel is a bit tricky to plate. I usually lightly etch the steel with Zincate to help the adhesion process.

The Dalmar site has lots of information, and I don't mind sharing my process with anyone that asks. Finishing.com is a pretty awesome resource also.

Brush plating is awesome for guns because they don't need to be dipped. Dipping can seriously cause issues with tolerances. Thats how they do it in Mexico Smile We like to think we have a little more finesse.

Anyway, anyone can feel free to contact me for more information, id be glad to help any way I can. Also, i'd be happy to offer a 25% discount to anyone who mentions the Sig Forum.

Thanks bro.

Sid Newby
Elektrokote LLC
Fort Worth Texas
sidnewby@gmail.com

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
quote:
Originally posted by The Sarge:

Agreed. If you want to pocket carry or ankle carry a G26 would be be better, but for IWB or OWB the Glock 19 is just fine.

Well.....there is a noticeable difference between my G27 and G19 if I appendix carry!

Just as long as I don't bend over, sit or squat Razz , I can't tell the difference! Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A better photo of my Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit.

Posts: 1989 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
OOOhhh.

I'm sending my slide to Steve tomorrow to have some I-Dot pro's put on it. I'm giddier than a school girl. Big Grin

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 960 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BangTexas:
I bought a Glock.

Nice!! Smile

SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolman:
That is a beautiful pic of a second Gen G19. I want one bad.

Hi Pistolman... Thank you. Smile

carriganzl

quote:
OOOhhh.

I'm sending my slide to Steve tomorrow to have some I-Dot pro's put on it. I'm giddier than a school girl.

If this is Zac... I have them set out, and ready to go. Thanks!

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
OOOhhh.

I'm sending my slide to Steve tomorrow to have some I-Dot pro's put on it. I'm giddier than a school girl.

If this is Zac... I have them set out, and ready to go. Thanks!

That's me! Thanks for being awesome!

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 960 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post