SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 566
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Must be some kind of Moroni.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
quote:
I have a G29 It's ok... Kind of chunky & top heavy due to it's size. Not sure if I'll ever buy another Glock though.

I will gladly buy it off you cheap.Wink

lol... It is a nice gun & perfect size to carry I'm just more use to My S&W's & Sigs with decockers, Glocks do have a great trigger reset..

Not to be a contrarian, but a Glock reset sucks compared to a S&W DA/SA Autoloader...

I like my Glocks as much as the next guy, but this is not one of their better features...

Glocks never were my favorite gun,But I do like the 29 model more than other Glock models, ever since I purchased my 239's & 229 40 cal's those are the guns I carry daily...

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thing for sure about the reset of the Glock's trigger- it is very positive. CLICK!!

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by qcsmitty:
Ouch! Eek
Do you know the movie? It's yet another reference.

"Did you know your last name is an adverb?" I LOVE that movie!

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a couple more new to me just about a week ago. Just a standard G21 that I put some ameriglos on and a G23 2nd gen gun that had trijicons already on it. I'm starting to like these again Smile

Posts: 249 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: December 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Ok, I admit to having purchased one Glock model 23, once in my life. I traded it new in the box on a Sig P229 I liked better. I've shot a few different ones my friends have, they just don't do it for me though.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10986 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Clueless
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSTANG!!!!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:
Originally posted by Borninfire:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSTANG!!!!!

Thank you Borninfire!!

Man am I ever happy with the G20 & G26 that you re-did the slides on.
Don't think you had seen the G26 since I put it back together so here they both are completed.

Oh and my wife sprung a BIG surprise on me yesterday. She let me order the FN 5.7 FDE with the C-More fixed sights. It shipped this mourning so I should have it the first of next week...... Big Grin

Bee aaaa uuuu tii fulll!!

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Clueless
posted Hide Post
Holy shit papa those look fantastic.

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by qcsmitty:
Ouch! Eek
Do you know the movie? It's yet another reference.

Yep, but this is my personal favorite:
http://youtu.be/lgcOIlfYRPg

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Went out this week shooting with my brother-in-law, tried full-size and compact 45ACP glocks. Trigger was not as bad as I remember, but as soon as I picked it up, the damn things were pointed skyward. The grip angle makes it impossible for me to pull one from a holster and fire quickly. Certainly, years of shooting a P226 primarily has caused this muscle memory to develop, however, my CCW KelTec P11 and my new LCP don't do this. I could probably train it out, but frankly don't want to. I like how my current guns shoot. So no Glocks for me, at least until the grip angles resemble something other than a Luger...

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odd, I've carryed and shoot my Sig 229 for 7 years now. Yet when the wife recently got her Glock 19 it pointed center-of-target just fine.

My new G30SF points well also, just not as "natural" as a 1911.

Harold B
----------------------
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Posts: 1009 | Location: Pacific NW - USA | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
The 19 strikes again! People just won't listen.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well I sold all my glock's and then realized that I must have lost my mind and now I have a nice used 32 to go with 1500 rounds of 357 sig I just happened to have.

Glock 32 - only second to the 29sf for best backpacking pistol

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3301 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first got into guns and first wanted to purchase a handgun, I was in the market for a Glock 17. I was young, the only name I knew was Glock.
For some reason the price of Glocks (here in Canada) were obscene at the time, so I couldn't afford one, as a broke 18 year old student.

Somebody who was into guns said to me, "If you're still looking, my friend is selling his Sig Sauer" and I said, "Sig Sauer? What's that? Is it any good?"
He said, "Uh...YES!"
At the time I was new to guns, didn't know an H&K from a HI-point and this mysterious sounding gun was out of my knowledge realm.
Needless to say, I wanted a gun and was giving up on my Glock pipe dream. So I drove to his house, checked it out, gave him the money for it and he transferred it into my name ala the National Firearms Registry.

I didn't realize what I had purchased was so sought after. All I know is that it functioned flawlessly.
It was my only gun at the time. I would go to the range, open a small case with a single handgun, a box of bulk 9 millimeter ammunition, and shoot.

However, I am a huge proponent of the whole, "Go with your first choice" thing, so I had to get a Glock eventually. They still had allure to me. Their simplistic design, reliability, durability, controversy around myths surrounding it.

But I kept the Sig, too, and added another one to the collection this weekend.
I've thought about selling my Sig off but it's my first gun and I can't bear to do that!

Variety is the spice of life, and my Glock and Sig live together as friends.

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
These KKM, Lone Wolf & Storm Lake barrels are they all drop in barrels or do they need slight refitting, I have a G-29 & I assume that I can purchase a 40, 357 Sig & 9mm barrel for it... I should be able to use my same recoil spring & 10 mm mags also am I correct? I believe my Glock is the 3rd generation but not positive..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
These KKM, Lone Wolf & Storm Lake barrels are they all drop in barrels or do they need slight refitting, I have a G-29 & I assume that I can purchase a 40, 357 Sig & 9mm barrel for it... I should be able to use my same recoil spring & 10 mm mags also am I correct? I believe my Glock is the 3rd generation but not positive..

Im pretty sure you can only go down to a 40S&W Get on their site, it will tell you. As far as mags, with my 9mm conversion it ran better with 9mm mags. As with all conversions, i wouldnt use them for a self defense situation. They arnt 100% reliable. Just for range use, unless you change out the extractor too.

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
Thanks Walker,
I'll do a little digging...