SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 566
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock once...once. Had a 23 that was a great gun for years, a little snappy, but fine. Right up until I went to a GSSF match and the Glock armorer inspected my pistol. He said this spring and that spring need to be replaced and the extractor was 2/3 gone...chipped off (but it always worked). He replaced all the parts for free onsite and sent me on my way. Gun was NEVER the same after that...jam-o-matic and unreliable. He likely messed it up and I'm sure a new one would be fine, but it just soured me on the AK of handguns.

Posts: 50 | Registered: June 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Grief Counselors are standing by.

Posts: 108985 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
AK of handguns?? That is a bit to harsh of a comparison for a one time let down.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
I see "the AK of handguns" as a compliment. They're simple and they work.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LH2:

+1

As someone who has used a number of AK clones over the last 30 years, they are my "Go to" for a MBR.

A G19 with a couple 33 rd mags and an AK my family is safe Big Grin

Harold B
----------------------
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Posts: 1009 | Location: Pacific NW - USA | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I sort of feel the same way, only I'd back up the G19 with my Mossberg 500 12 gauge loaded with No. 4 buck. Everybody owns a shotgun and wouldn't think a thing about it if I used one to blow away a BG breaking into my house. If I blew him away with an AK the news would make a big deal out of it, the DA would be asking questions and here we'd go. That said, I'm fine with AKs or ARs -- might even have one or two around the house myself. I've just seen what a shotgun can do and have a lot of confidence in 'em.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott1970:
Here's my update in Glockland.

A friend was gracious enough to give me an extended slide release for my G20. I installed it, and a flawless Glock turned into a piece of unreliable garbage that couldn't successfully fire a full mag of ammo. Turns out it wasn't the right fit and now my G20 is back to normal with the stock release.

You sure it was installed properly? I installed my own extended slide release wrong (got that little wire in the wrong place) and got a certified Glock armorer to straighten me out. Easy to do it wrong, but an easy fix once you know what you're doing.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Morning all!

I was opening three new Glocks this morning and noticed that on the Glock 32 label, there is something marked XSS.

Anyone know what this means?

All three guns have Glock branded night sights and they look the same. The 31 and 33 labels don't have the XSS marking.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8146 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by scott1970:

Here lies my G20 10mm Automatic. The photo is a bit dated, because it now sports a 6" Stormlake barrel.

Scott1970 how'd you get your gun to be invisible oh ya it's a Glock it can't be seen by xray machines either! must have that new invible man coating from CCR... Ya I'm a smart ass... Big Grin

It costs more than you make in a month!

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
OK Para you finally wore me down, I called TGS and ordered a Glock 20 today. I have been wanting one for quite a while now and finally" pulled the trigger". Also ordered a Lone Wolf 6" barrel.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son just bought himself a lightly used Glock 36. I guess he got tired of begging me for my Colt LW Commander. I gave him a Glock 17 & 19.

Posts: 1989 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
Scott, I think you got it! Looks good...

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
Just got the slide back from Steve today. Man is he fast!

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 960 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carriganzl:

That looks close to a factory glock finish. How close is it? How much did it run?

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by carriganzl:

That looks close to a factory glock finish. How close is it? How much did it run?

It is, he just put night sights on it Smile

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 960 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LH2:

Didn't think of it in that respect. Good point!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
On my plate tonight....Crow!
12 years back I fired them and didn't like them....at all! The grip angle, the split trigger & the "Plastic" feel.
10 years later with years of concealed carry & polymer pistols under my belt I decided to give them another try, WoW!
....I realize I was either wrong or Glocks have changed over the years.
I'm hoping its alittle of both.
Either way, today I bought a new G27....like butter! I really thought I was getting to that "Old dog & new tricks" phase of my life.
Glad I was wrong.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6941 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
On my plate tonight....Crow!
12 years back I fired them and didn't like them....at all! The grip angle, the split trigger & the "Plastic" feel.
10 years later with years of concealed carry & polymer pistols under my belt I decided to give them another try, WoW!
....I realize I was either wrong or Glocks have changed over the years.
I'm hoping its alittle of both.
Either way, today I bought a new G27....like butter! I really thought I was getting to that "Old dog & new tricks" phase of my life.
Glad I was wrong.

Congrats grumpyBiker!
At one time, I was a all steel 1911 guy. I thought Glocks were just a cheap alternative if you couldn't afford something better. I had to eat crow myself.
Thanks for your service GrumpyBiker!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4861 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GrumpyBiker, you're in good company. Had a plate of crow myself back in 'O6 when I bought a G19. It's been my EDC ever since and now I'm looking to get a Gen 4 to go with it. I bought an original G17 back in '87 and didn't like it very much and let it go after about 6 months. The Gen 2 and newer really are amazing pistols and it pains me to say that after bashing them for so long.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Picked her up today. Used but not abused.

G34 9mm

Posts: 2055 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post