SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
How long do you think before Gen5's debut?

Think Glock will rework their triggers to compete with the new strikers on the market?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I doubt they will touch the triggers.

Ive heard the Gen 5's will look like the 42 and 43. The grip will be less aggressive (some officers were complaining about the gen 4's tearing up their uniforms) and the finger grooves will be gone.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g26s239:
re.

My current Glocks are 17,19,21,26,26/27,32/23,36 and 42. I made the mistake of getting rid of my first 27 so I bought an NiB upper and trigger housing w/40 ejector and mags to convert my spare 26 to a 27.

Recently I bought a 2010 unfired Glock 27 with the glossy self lubing finish and converted my spare 26 back to a 26.

So now I have nine Glocks, 17, 19, 21, 26, 26, 27, 32, 36 and 42.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
converted my spare 26 back to a 26.

Huh????

Is it having babies? Confused

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I doubt they will touch the triggers.

Ive heard the Gen 5's will look like the 42 and 43. The grip will be less aggressive (some officers were complaining about the gen 4's tearing up their uniforms) and the finger grooves will be gone.

You are probably right I just thought they would have ample time to upgrade trigger somehow. The VP9 and P320 are eating into their market and I wouldn't think they'd sit idly by.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
converted my spare 26 back to a 26.

Huh????

Is it having babies? Confused

As I mentioned in my earlier post I have bought a G27 upper and a trigger housing with 40 ejector to convert one of my 26s to a 27. Now that I once again have a dedicated 27 that 2007 26 has been converted back to original caliber.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Why yes, I will buy a Glock.
then sell them, then buy more, then sell them, buy more, etc...

I've just purchased a G26 Gen4 and a G41 in the past two days....

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My G19 did not make me a happy camper today. All groups pushed left, no matter what.
I am minutes away from bye bye. Just need some time to think.

My reconditioned P220st Nitron just kicked ass for 200 rounds. She is a keeper.

Still, my G42 is a winner.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I confess, I do not own a Glock but I'm rationalizing all the good reasons to consider why a model 21 could be a good thing...

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I confess, I do not own a Glock but I'm rationalizing all the good reasons to consider why a model 21 could be a good thing...

Out of the 8 Glocks I own, I shoot my Gen 2 G21 the best.
I don't know why, but it is what it is... Cool
Softest shooting and most accurate 45ACP pistol I've ever shot/owned, and that includes a few 1911s.. Eek

Bought it like this...

After a little CCR CPII nickel boron love.. Big Grin

LGS has a Gen 3 G21SF that I'm very tempted to buy...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
1lowlife... Couldn't agree more... the 21 Gen II has always been amazing even though it's the one I never thought would be. I've always found it fun to shoot it against my friends "High End" 45s... then remind them I paid less than $400. for mine with the caveat it's never failed to function too Smile

The same goes for my GenII 17... as well..

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of the 8 Glocks I own, I shoot my Gen 2 G21 the best.
I don't know why, but it is what it is... Cool
Softest shooting and most accurate 45ACP pistol I've ever shot/owned, and that includes a few 1911s.. Eek

Bought it like this...

After a little CCR CPII nickel boron love.. Big Grin

(photos deleted in reply)

LGS has a Gen 3 G21SF that I'm very tempted to buy...[/QUOTE]

That's just amazing what a little love will do!
Smile Very nice looking 21!! I'll have to remember that if I get one (maybe Christmas, only 99 days away...).

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
are there any threads that compare shooting a 43 vs a 19?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
That would be like comparing shooting a 2.5" S&W Model 19 against a 2" S&W J frame.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:

Larry Vickers does a video comparing them here:
https://www.full30.com/video/f...35966a064917d37e5ea5

I found it worth the watch.

Posts: 17130 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That would be like comparing shooting a 2.5" S&W Model 19 against a 2" S&W J frame.

I've never shot a model 19.
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Thanks.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My point is that it's apples and oranges. Roll Eyes

Let's compare a P320 to a P238. Let's compare a P229 to a P230.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:

I found it worth the watch.

Thanks, very informative video. While he doesn't show the G19 in live fire, it does indicate the recoil characteristics (nasty) of the G43 and Shield. He's an expert and the two minis are really bucking. Not much grip to hang onto either. Basic physics and ergonomics. Just like Para said about 2 1/2" M19 versus 2" J-frame (I've shot both). Unlike the bucking minis, I find the G19 to be very manageable in rapid fire.

We see the short grip/mag hang issue in our courses with students who shoot the minis. The obvious problem is having to use a completely different reload procedure for a mini, compared to your larger guns. The same problem is present with X-Grip adapters on the G19. Bought three to use G34 mags in the G19. Very good grip feel. However, once I discovered the reload issue I went back to standard G19 mags. Not going to change my technique for one gun.

As Vickers mentions, if you're able to carry the G19, it's a better choice. If you need to go smaller, you just have to accept the compromises involved. Just like any other handguns.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny as hell, Floyd!

"I should kill myself with a Hi-Point"

Razz

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post