SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FriedRice:
Wheelman, shoot that G17 first before you talk about Denny's! The trigger reset is crisp. The weight balance is perfect. New York Strip. No demi-glacé because it's not a pretty gun.

To be sure, outta the box this feels better than the other Glocks I've shot, which were Gen 1/2 IIRC. Even the trigger feels better when I've dry fired it. I guess the proof will be in the pudding in the a.m.

On a side note, I am a little disappointed on one aspect. I was picked up one of the 31 round "assault clips" for it. So I put it in the pistol and loaded it, and it's just sat there. I mean, it hasn't assaulted anything yet. I'm a little underwhelmed.

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Even if that"s the case, patents generally last 17 years. The basic Block design has been around longer than that.

Well then if that is indeed the case, I guess you and everyone else is free to try. Just a suggestion though. Don't call it a Block, Glumph, or a Glunk. I think it'll be a poor marketing move.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
MUST....FIND....G32RTF....MUST....BUY...ANOTHER...GLOCK!!!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
countrygun, do me a favor and find some other thread in which to dribble that crap.

You'd be doing yourself a favor as well, quite frankly.

As much as I like your odd posts on things like this you like to push buttons countrygun. This is cool for a bit but after a time you wear out your welcome. Trying to help you out here. You have done this in a few of the threads I have started and I got to say it is funny for a bit, but that is it. Got to learn when to back off man. Just saying.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the original topic..... and to give a little fresh meat for people to flame… and because this thread is not long enough.

I am in need of a CC gun as my P220 is a little big and my P220 classic 22 is not big enough if you catch my meaning. I have heard a lot of good things about Glocks, durable, accurate, lightweight, etc… but I had never fired one.
My brother in-law and I were shooting he let me shoot his new G23. Nice gun but did not fit my hand the way I am used to. This still did not deter me from wanting to look into getting a Glock as my CC gun.

I was at the range today and I rented a G22 thinking it would fit a little better. It did fit better and I shot it fine but something still did not feel right. After 3 or 4 mags of shooting I exchanged it for P226.

I knew before I shot it that I was going to like that gun. Not only does it fit my hand better… it shot like my P220 (shocker I know).

I was dead set on expanding my gun purchases to include a Glock, and that may still happen, but it is going to have to wait as my next purchases will be a P229 40SW.

Rosey1968
I have Sig issues

Posts: 127 | Location: Flyover Country | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rosey1968:

I have heard a lot of good things about Glocks, durable, accurate, lightweight, etc… but I had never fired one.

Just one thing to keep in mind about a Glock rosey1968.
Don't judge it by how it feels slow fire only. If Slow fire was all I did, I would take a Sig every time.
They (Glocks) are much more impressive when shooting the pistol at speed.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Throughout this entire thread, one message keeps coming through loud and clear -- G19, G19, G19. Did I say G19? Lemme look back and see ... yep, I sure did. A few people like the G26 (I'm one of 'em) but the message is still G19.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBAR
posted Hide Post
OK, actually my 2nd Glock. I had a 36 that I had to part with because of a financial down fall. I picked up the 26 today, and I put a couple of hundred rounds through it, without incident.

My new EDC set up, that's a lot more comfortable than the P229 SAS I've been carrying.

DBAR

"When chance meets the prepared mind."

Posts: 999 | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please take all these Glock comments to the PlasticsForum.com.

Posts: 102 | Registered: July 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signv:

Why not? That's where we go to read about all your girlfriends...

Big Grin

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I don't think the OP was trying to be funny. If I had to guess, Para is waiting for one more similar comment before banishing HIM to the plastics forum.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find this thread pretty funny. Mainly because its so true Smile I've bought many Glocks over the years and sold/traded them off for any number of reasons cause they didn't "fit" right usually but for some strange reason, I keep buying more of them. Just picked up a like new G17 3rd Gen yesterday for $400 locally and was pretty happy with it. Hard to pass one up for that. I gave my 19 to a buddy not too long ago that needed a gun and now I want another one of those. Glocks sure have a strange magnatism that surrounds them Smile

Now, on another note, those of you that are posting pics of the G17s and such with the RTF2 (I think) with the cresent cocking serrations, do you find the polymids or whatever they are called to be too aggressive? I really really like the feel of a 17 that they have at the LGS but was a little worried about carrying that one and it abrading my shirts. I wasn't worried about the holster side but the outside area that they main shirt would contact. What do you think of the ones you have bought and carried on an everyday basis???

Posts: 249 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: December 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signv:
Cool your jets, Nancy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.357Sig
posted Hide Post
Maybe Plaxico will let you shoot his...

Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.

Posts: 48 | Registered: October 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stoutlj
posted Hide Post
... Sigh ... I'm going to do it... I'm going to... RENT A GLOCK TOMORROW Eek

I have fondled many at various gun counters, and felt that the ergos and trigger were... Just not right to me. SOOOO I'm going to rent one to shoot to know for sure. Anyone know of a good soap to wash up with after? Razz

SIG P225 ~ SIG P226 JK ~ SIG P226 NAVY ~SIG P226 SSE ~ SIG P228 KA ~ SIG P238 ~ SIG P239 ~ SIG 516

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle | Registered: August 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoutlj:
... Sigh ... I'm going to do it... I'm going to... RENT A GLOCK TOMORROW Eek

I have fondled many at various gun counters, and felt that the ergos and trigger were... Just not right to me. SOOOO I'm going to rent one to shoot to know for sure. Anyone know of a good soap to wash up with after? Razz

I owned and carried a G26 for 10 years.
Bought it in 1994.
Never cared for the bump in the backstrap, but got over it.
That bump caused me to feel Glocks didn't fit my grip.

But I finally realized that the G19 is one of the greatest combat handguns of my time and rented one.
The grip felt a bit odd at first, but after a few mags I hardly noticed it.
With my natural grip and presentation, I did find the front sight a bit high, but it is quickly adjusted.

I found I did as well with the rental as I do with my Sig and RIA 1911. Roll Eyes

Rental G19, 9mm P229 SAS, 9mm RIA Tactical at 15 yards.

So I bought one.. Big Grin

I'm very happy with my G19 and this thread had a lot to do with me trying Glocks again.

Thanks Para.. Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10026 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying to trade into a Glock 38. Any comments on the .45 GAP cartridge would be appreciated.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I'm very happy with my G19 and this thread had a lot to do with me trying Glocks again.

Thanks Para.. Wink

That is really nice 1lowlife.
If I had to start over buying handguns, that would be the first one I would go with.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post