SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So, what is it like shooting a P220 in 10mm?

I have shot a Glock 20. Recoil was not that bad, but I only fired 20 rounds or so. The P220 must be more controllable, can you tell me more?

-c1steve

Posts: 4038 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. I can't wait to see even some pics.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW WOW I am so excited to hear this ! I have been following this from old forum reading and The BRUCE gun. I think this is great news. I thank all involved to make this happen. I think Sig will be the ultimate 10 MM handgun to have . IF I live long enough , as I'm OLD I will have one.

Thanks Para Bruce Mr Cohen and all at SIG for doing this .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
IF I live long enough , as I'm OLD I will have one.

I'll double down on that! My last additional caliber.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
So, what is it like shooting a P220 in 10mm?

Ask Alice. She's the new field tester and spokesmodel for the SIG 10mm initiative. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
quote:
IF I live long enough , as I'm OLD I will have one.

I'll double down on that! My last additional caliber.
Have I left you guys with the impression that it is going to be years before these pistols show up??

When I said production was not imminent, it was to keep people from calling up SIG the next day and asking where are these pistols. "Not imminent", as in not just right now. Not immediately.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
10mm is a great round, I started with a G20, then a G29, then a 610. I already put the G20 on armslist, the money will go to Underwood ammo to feed the 610 and the Sig.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have I left you guys with the impression that it is going to be years before these pistols show up??

When I said production was not imminent, it was to keep people from calling up SIG the next day and asking where are these pistols. "Not imminent", as in not just right now. Not immediately.

Some people in the crowd just heard "Christmas present for me! Or maybe Groundhog's Day!" Wink

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I wish it could be this year.
That way I could get one via Single Shoot Exemption here in California.
That goes away next year as a new law takes effect.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Awesome news.

A group buy would be a neat option, but if not; Hey Donna - put me on the list!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a new pistol for no later than the 2015 Whitetail hunting season. I would like to buy soon so I can get it outfitted (sight mount & red dot) and get some quality practice.

I am doing my mental & economic gymnastics trying to figure out if I wait for a P220-10 mm and run the risk of it not being available or do I buy another gun now and forego the P220-10 until later.

I hope Sig publishes a release date soon. I have half the purchase price burning a hole in my pocket.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
I want a new pistol for no later than the 2015 Whitetail hunting season. I would like to buy soon so I can get it outfitted (sight mount & red dot) and get some quality practice.

I am doing my mental & economic gymnastics trying to figure out if I wait for a P220-10 mm and run the risk of it not being available or do I buy another gun now and forego the P220-10 until later.

I hope Sig publishes a release date soon. I have half the purchase price burning a hole in my pocket.

I have every reason to believe you will have your new P220-10 well ahead of your 2015 hunt. WELL ahead.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
I have every reason to believe you will have your new P220-10 well ahead of your 2015 hunt. WELL ahead.

-Bruce

Bruce,

Do you think these will be available for Californians before year end so that they will be able to take advantage of the Single Shot Exemption?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

If I had a tail I'd wag it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ +1

My tail is a waggin'!!

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

More excited than a five year old at Christmas!

posted Hide Post
This is HUGE!
I've been a 10mm fanatic since the days if the Bren Ten, owned G20, S&W 1006, 1076, 1086, and a Colt Delta Elite. Of the lot I still have the Colt.
Damn this is going to be fucking AWESOME!!!!!
Sign me up for the two Elites!
Sorry for the language Para, but I feel like celebrating!!! Smile
Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 473 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Underwood seems be be the choice for SD ammo. Many choices from 135 gr to 200 gr with it seems the most mention of 180gr. Is 180 the best choice and why?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ralt33
posted Hide Post
I'm in.
I already told the wife a new one was coming next year.
She likes our .45ACP and .38 Super P220's.
She has said the Glock 29 was fine for caliber but really didn't like the Glock itself.

Only thing better would be no rail so I could use the holsters already on hand.

Posts: 2901 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: June 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Underwood seems be be the choice for SD ammo. Many choices from 135 gr to 200 gr with it seems the most mention of 180gr. Is 180 the best choice and why?

If I recall correctly, the original 10mm called for a 200 grain bullet at 1200 fps. I think they got that right.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post