SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Solitar:
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
Would love a 245/220 compact sized 10mm
Is that for shooting low powered loads commonly available from Federal or Remington?

Full power 10mm loads would be a helluva handful. Eek

If the definition of "low powered loads" is 225PF with the sectional density of a supersonic telephone pole, then I guess I'm firmly in the wimpy 10mm camp. Big Grin

The atomic-powered 255PF stuff is for hunting (and Falling Chrysler competitions where you have to knock over large sedans to score), I pray. Nobody's likely to convince me that the 227PF Winchester HP load isn't more than adequate for carry, much less "low powered".

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Bruce, may I ask what you mean by 255PF and 227PF? Thank you.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
I apologize to Federal and Winchester since I assumed they had no loads > 700 ft lbs such as available from Buffalo Bore or DoubleTap or Underwood

Now that Sig will have a 10mm, that and Grayguns post led me to look again.

Hmmmm...
Federal's Vital-Shok or Winchester's Silvertip is nearly up there at 650 ft lbs.

That's a helluva lot more than the Federal 10mm Hydra-Shok

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of kittens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something glorious has happened".

Obi-Wan Tenobi

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Code 3 cats are excited to hear their human will have a chance to obtain a Sig 10mm. We have already told the human we will no longer expect him to buy us so many treats or catnip. It's his turn to get a treat.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 617 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
So, the next logical progression would be a P227 in 10mm correct? The top ends are identical.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If there is any pistol/caliber combination one can associate with this forum, it's the once mythical P220 in 10mm, and it means a lot to me to be the one to break the news.

Crap! I just realize something. Does this mean that the official forum mascot on the home page will be replaced by the 10mm P220? Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott10mm
posted Hide Post
Two things have happened recently I thought I would "Never" see. Concealed carry here in Illinois and a P200 in 10mm.

Now I can live up to my forum screen name!

P220 45

Posts: 408 | Location: Illinois :-( | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Bruce, may I ask what you mean by 255PF and 227PF? Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor_(pistol)

The power factor is calculated by multiplying bullet weight (in grains, 7,000 to the pound) by muzzle velocity (in feet per second), then dividing by 1000.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
So, the next logical progression would be a P227 in 10mm correct? The top ends are identical.

One would hope. Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
Phew...I've been dreaming of something like this for quite a while. Sometimes dreams do come true!

Saving my pennies starting right now...

For the record...I'd be quite happy with a single-stack gun, and I'm quite indifferent to fancy bells-and-whistles.

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Passionately Curious
Picture of Bsaunders
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"When the pin is pulled...Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend!"

Posts: 2691 | Location: Grand Junction, CO | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my S&W1006 on 9/8/90, at that time Norma 200gr/1200fps ammunition was still available and I have shot quite a bit of it. I bought a 1076 a few years later; my 1076 is very near in size and weight to my P220 SSE.
I would assume that the SIG 10mm will end up being much the same size as these two.

Full strength ammunition fired out of either of my pistols, which are nothing if not heavy, does result in an amount of recoil which certainly increases the time between aimed shots.

If you were using either pistol for self-defense in the woods, I don’t think that you will have a chance to fire very many shots; for example in a bear attack.
I have no idea what an expert might have as split times, but for most of us, even from a low ready position two shots is about it. A big bear will close 40 feet in something less than three seconds. Wild boars are about as fast, and may break out of the woods even closer.

The last grizzly bear attack that I read about in Alaska, the shooter managed to get two rounds of 454 Casull off firing double action, with no time for a third, while the bear closed forty feet.

The death we read about of the guy who evidently came upon a group of feeding bears resulting perhaps in multiple simultaneous attacks is something you would need more than a handgun to ward off.

All of this is to say that I have no particular need for a double stack for self-defense purposes.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So just out of curiosity I wanted to see how many rounds of 10mm would fit in my 227 magazine. Answer is 14. You have to hold the rounds in because of the lips but yeah it held 14. So I can only hope that they will do a 227 version of the 10mm.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of this is to say that I have no particular need for a double stack for self-defense purposes.

This falls under the "can you ever have too many rounds?"

For every scenario you can use to justify a 7 round capacity you can come up with one to justify 12 rounds.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of this 10mm talk makes me remember that I have wanted a Glock 20 for quite some time. I guess I will have to break down and get one while waiting for the Sig 10mm.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Excellent. You're responsible for the comparison review. Don't forget the pics.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who have contributed to make this happen. Excited for more updates.

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I just hope they don't do something funky to it, the old style roll marks, three ser# stamps date code and just the standard finish, no laser etching , no 1 of, just keep it like the old school 220 you will sell billions of them. I'm probably dreaming but no rails too Smile How about a card board box?

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
Hopefully SIG-Sauer designs the 10mm so that it can safely handle the most powerful available 10mm ammo.

It should not be subject to the following warning which Underwood uses for its most powerful 10mm ammo.

"Cannot be used in Colt Delta Elite or any other firearms with rampless barrel due to complete lack of case support."

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post