SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Now with these user requirements, Sig should have no problem understanding what we want and should be able to punch one out in no time! Big Grin

'Tis better to excite your customers base than just hear yawns and crickets. With a simple announcement they have driven us into a gun fantasizing frenzy. That's got to be a good thing.

Heck we're not just talking about buying this one but all the others we anticipate that will follow. How cool is that?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Shaql,

One additional requirement for your list... needs to come with a short extractor.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
Can hardly wait,already have a G20 and G29.My favorite caliber.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This isn't mine but it seems appropriate to re-post

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on another pre-ban M1a, was going to pick it up tomorrow. Probably just enough to get a match elite. The money is staying in my wallet.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't need no stinkin' group buy or fancy schmancy serial number, no SAS or Rainbow Titanium, no exotic versions imported from Europe, no FDE and certainly no Diamondplate, just the (ready-to-rely-upon) pistols as announced. Let's let the poor folks there focus, why don't we...

The upcoming availability itself is enough, for me. It's a rare event, this sort of response from a company such as SIG, and all the more so in how it and other recent news and insights (big thanks to LDD) have clearly demonstrated just how off most folks' perceptions of Cohen's SIG was...

I only respectfully ask that this long overdue 10mm love spill over to the MPX, and soon. It's a logical conclusion, an unfilled hole in the market, a chance to make unicorns real, a way to drive the famed MP5 and MP5/10 into not only obscurity but irrelevancy, and, well, just because. I'd be surprised if it isn't already designed, maybe even prototyped.

How far is it, so to speak, from the already announced .40 MPX to a 10mm?

I wonder...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely be adding one of these to my 10mm stable.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16481 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Shaql,

One additional requirement for your list... needs to come with a short extractor.

I disagree. A properly executed long-bar extractor will be much preferred for a cartridge attended by such pressure and case adhesion forces to overcome.

I would ask that y'all trust me on this.

There's a reason why we developed the P220 / X5 internal extractor upgrade, and why we make S-7 short extractors as well. Both were prompted in large measure by our P220-10 project.

I would have LOVED to have a nice, tolerant and easy to adjust long-bar job to work with.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I'll be quite happy with a 10mm P220ST, or whatever they decide to call it. Standard size please, with a single stack mag for me. Sounds like a great gun for OC on my property. The only question is will I have the disposable income before or after this weapon enters production.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Any idea if the frame can withstand the higher pressures of some of the hard cast loads from Double Tap, Buffalo Bore, etc.?

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Sig will have a prototype to display at the next SHOT Show?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16481 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever been this excited for a firearm before.

As of now I am going to stop buying upgrades and accessories for my G20. I'll definitely add to my stash of 10mm. I might even have to get serious about reloading.

I would like to think this is a significant step forward in seeing 10mm becoming more mainstream/available.

I'm normally skidish about buying anything until it's been out for a while but I'll be buying with confidence as soon they are available.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 883 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I wonder if Sig will have a prototype to display at the next SHOT Show?
I'm hoping by next shot show, I'm posting pix of one, or more, in my hand!

quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Shaql,

On my gosh, yes, paaaaalease no hideous (looks ok on a Hk) long extractor.

Btw, in case I haven't mentioned it, I am sooo STOKED!

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
This is really great news. Plus, this will help mainstream the 10mm cartridge, which has been regarded as 'fringe' by the unknowing masses, since the mid-80's. Now that SIG, is stepping-up in a big way, maybe the 10mm will finally take it's rightful place among the 'standard' defensive pistol cartridges world-wide. Then, perhaps the other firearms manufacturers will also produce more pistols, and revolvers for this hungry market!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Make one CA. compliant

Heck, since are asking for the world, just turn CA into a free state so all this compliant nonsense becomes nothing but an ugly memory. Eek

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love a 245/220 compact sized 10mm

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well!

I have to say I cannot wait.

My P220 Match Elite was the first gun I bought new. I just love it and let everyone at the range shoot it if they want.

I have been thinking and looking and wanting a 10mm... Deltas at first then I learned of the Double Eagles. I just wasn't sure which one

Well, there is going to be a Match Elite 10mm ( with target sights please. Just like my 45) on the shelf.

Count me in for the first run.

Nuff' said.

Posts: 206 | Location: CT. | Registered: March 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Wow, I can't believe it !!! I've been wanting this forever ! There's a reason I never wanted the 40, because I wanted the 10, and I wanted it in a PROVEN platform - and now we're gonna have it. Well damn, this is just fantastic. Imagine buying one of these babies, and sending it to Bruce for some of his majik, talk about s-w-e-e-t ! A MAJOR defensive caliber in a PROVEN and loved platform. Wow, I'm gonna sleep good tonight, dreaming about my future 220 in 10, this is gonna be good. I really don't know what to say I'm so excited. Wow, just wow. I'm without words.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8632 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The upcoming availability itself is enough, for me. It's a rare event, this sort of response from a company such as SIG, and all the more so in how it and other recent news and insights (big thanks to LDD) have clearly demonstrated just how off most folks' perceptions of Cohen's SIG was...

When I was at SIG I straight up asked Cohen if he was responsible for Diamond Plate and he said "no" (and I believe him).

The one thing he did say he was responsible for was the E2 grip (perhaps the impetus, not necessarily the design): "small hands."

I think the E2 was and is a valid option/improvement to the SIG line.

In regards to a 10mm MPX, the problem with that is cartridge size. It might happen, but .45 was not part of the original caliber conception of the MPX--not sure how much room there is in the magwell/magazine and if there is enough surplus to allow for the longer OAL of the 10mm.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
Would love a 245/220 compact sized 10mm
Is that for shooting low powered loads commonly available from Federal or Remington?

Full power 10mm loads would be a helluva handful. Eek

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post