SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"If"?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So Bruce - For budgeting purposes, what upgrades will GG be offering?

Wink

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAO or SA/DA

SAO or SA/DA

SAO or SA/DA

I'm really looking forward to this...if ya couldn't tell.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I want to get this gun before I catches the Bola.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
pfft, everyone knows 10mm scares the 'bola right back to Africa.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This really is amazing news from Sig Sauer, sigforum, para, LDD, Bruce, etc... The Glock 20 on my list will now have to wait, or be removed for my list altogether.

Quick question: am I reading correctly that the SAO version (since it doesn't say "elite") is without the beavertail? If yes, can it be converted to DA/SA?

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have I left you guys with the impression that it is going to be years before these pistols show up??

When I said production was not imminent, it was to keep people from calling up SIG the next day and asking where are these pistols. "Not imminent", as in not just right now. Not immediately.

To be fair, I was thinking 2016. Bruce Gray told pistol-fourm.com that we might see the first two models at SHOT Show 2015 and I was gobsmacked.

I was thinking about buying a P220, but if it's that close to, I'll wait, but one in 10mm and spend another $400 on a .45 upper.

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Question about this 10mm round -

I fire a .40 out of my 229 very well, but do not like firing a .44 because I have smaller hands and I do not 'enjoy' shooting it.

Because of the power of the 10mm, will this be a potential issue for me firing this round?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I fire a .40 out of my 229 very well, but do not like firing a .44 because I have smaller hands and I do not 'enjoy' shooting it.

Because of the power of the 10mm, will this be a potential issue for me firing this round?

I don't think so. 10mm is pretty cool but it's not really comparable to 44.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2246 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I don't think so. 10mm is pretty cool but it's not really comparable to 44.

+1

Most 10 mm factory rounds are 41 Mag level or less. The Stainless steel frame will also tame the recoil a bit.

Also remember, recoil from a revolver is completely different from that of a semiautomatic pistol.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ronin1069,

The recoil of 10mm is not that bad. Lots of 40S&W pistols started out as 9mm pistols first and then were modified to handle 40. 10mm pistols on the other hand are typically designed to handle 10mm first so they tend to be beefy pistols. I have a Glock 20SF and a 10mm 1911 and both pistols handle 10mm very well.

I have a 40s&w conversion barrel for my G20 and can say that even out of the same pistol 10mm recoil is not much worse than 40.....and it is definitly not as bad as 44mag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
I love my S&W 1076... Would add one of these to match the 1076. Even the full power loads aren't bad coming out of the 1076... I can only imagine carrying a 220 10MM with a lighter frame. I'm drooling as I type.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Back in the day I had a P220 in .45ACP and loved it to bits. It was my go-to skittle gun.

Then they banned skittle shooting, and then centre-fire handguns, and then rimfire handguns, and then.........

I'd have one of these new pistols like a shot, if only I could. Strange as it sounds, in one quarter of the United Kingdom, I actually COULD have one, but sadly I don't live there.

tac

Posts: 11321 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
The day they become available, there will be an ad for an original 'Enhanced' Colt Delta Elite on every guns for sale site on the webz to free up some cash so I can buy one.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Back in the day I had a P220 in .45ACP and loved it to bits. It was my go-to skittle gun.

Then they banned skittle shooting, and then centre-fire handguns, and then rimfire handguns, and then.........

I'd have one of these new pistols like a shot, if only I could. Strange as it sounds, in one quarter of the United Kingdom, I actually COULD have one, but sadly I don't live there.

tac

Which quarter would that be? Here I was thinking that handguns were banned in the UK.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
Darn, I just bought my THIRD 10mm pistol. But it doesn't matter.

I want one, I want one, I WANT ONE! Eek

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's not really comparable to 44

+1

More like .357 or .41 light.
I may actually get one of these after they have been out a while. (And I thought I was finally through buying pistols with my P210 longslide.)

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I can't wait. Big Grin

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
I can't wait. Big Grin

+1

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I feel the same. A 10mm Super Match haunts my dreams.

I have a small supply of Winchester Silvertips laid in that I bought before everybody lost their minds on ammo, about 200 rounds or so, I think.

That's a match made in Heaven.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post