SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Oh wow.

Cool and very unexpected.

And the SAO long slide sounds fantastic.

Now, if they'll make an MPX in 10mm I will love them forever...

Jeff, I TOLD you so!

Big Grin

-Bruce

Oh. No. Does buying guns count as a retirement plan?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17574 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
VERY Cool !!!! Cool

SIGforum Group Buy would be AWESOME!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zingo:
Some recent Sig offerings have been troublesome when first released. Can we expect this to be fairly trouble free, as it is an already proven platform?

Are the only differences going to be mags and recoil springs?

I'd really like to get on this early.

I'm going to say, "I told you so!" in advance, just as I have been telling anyone who will listen that SIG is new, different, better than ever.

I'm telling you that this pistol will be excellent.

I stake my reputation on it's success.

I hope that carries some weight.

As for your question, the 10mm Norma cartridge demands a lot from any handgun. This new P220 will be adapted to meet that challenge head on.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Absolutely amazing news! I will definitely have to consider one - if i dont get one, im sure i can just shoot Darthfusters once he gets one. Wink

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
BTW, SIG-Sauer is developing 10mm ammunition for their new blasters.

Now to see if they'll do a run with SigForum headstamps!

And if the pistol is available in 10mm it's likely we could see a .40 conversion barrel as well.

This has been my suggestion. I have no info yet on whether this will be done by the factory but it makes a lot of sense. 357 SIG would be easy as well.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
Fantastic news, but also torturous news for those of us in California, who will never be able to own one.... Mad
If a lawsuit against the roster doesn't succeed, quite a few of us will be leaving for more rational pastures.

Posts: 7106 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by zingo:
Some recent Sig offerings have been troublesome when first released. Can we expect this to be fairly trouble free, as it is an already proven platform?
I think the fact that SIG is telling us it's going to be a while is an indication that they are proceeding carefully. Certainly, Bruce's experience with building smooth functioning P220s in 10x25mm means that a wealth of information is available to SIG's design team. I'll defer to Bruce on what he might be able to comment on right now in that respect.

Thank you, Para. I'll continue to state me unequivocal support for this project based on my discussions with the folks responsible for designing it.

I want the first one and I'll pay retail.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
And if the pistol is available in 10mm it's likely we could see a .40 conversion barrel as well.

This has been my suggestion. I have no info yet on whether this will be done by the factory but it makes a lot of sense. 357 SIG would be easy as well.

Add a BarSto 9mm conversion barrel and a 22 conversion kit and a 45 conversion, we would have...

One Ring Gun to Rule Them All.

ps. As long as I'm dreaming, throw in 400 Corbon, 45 Super, 460 Rowland, etc. Would I even need to keep any of my other guns?

Posts: 17574 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they being Imported from GrayGuns? Wink Big Grin

Joking aside, this is awesome news!

I hope the recent relationship with Sig continues to bring us new and exciting firearms.

Posts: 10062 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the recent 10 round magazine limitation laws may have something to do with this 10mm introduction, thus allowing carriers to increase firepower per round to off set reduction in number of rounds.

Unintended consequences can be a bitch.

I like this bitch. Wink

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
VERY Cool !!!! Cool

SIGforum Group Buy would be AWESOME!

Big Grin

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
Good lord, another gun to add to the 'Gotta Buy' list.. Smile

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So Bruce, is there someone (or someones) at Sig to whom we can direct our warm regards and heartfelt thanks?

posted Hide Post
With SSE going away next year, I would thing it's gonna be hard to get one of these into California. But, if there's away ... I'm getting one of these.

P220 W.German, P220 Stainless Elite, P220 Stainless Elite Carry, 1911 C3, P226 Stainless Elite .40/357sig, P226 .40/357sig, P229 Stainless Elite .40/357sig, P228 W.German, P228 German, P225 German GOTM, P238, P320F .45acp, P320C .40/357sig, P320 X-Five, P320 X-Carry, P320 X-Compact, P365, HK VP9SK, CZ-P-10s, Glock 43X, SA Hellcat OSP, M&P 9 Shield, 716, 516, IWI Tavor, Beretta CX4 9mm, RJF ZK-22, Ruger 10/22 Takedown, Benelli M4, Kel Tec KSG, Mossberg 930

Posts: 324 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: May 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

"1006"?

Never heard of it.

-Bruce

It's a shining relic from a once great company like how the P220 will be an example of why Sig is still a great company...

Posts: 4457 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
So Bruce, is there someone (or someones) at Sig to whom we can direct our warm regards and heartfelt thanks?

A good company's morale comes down from the top.
I'd start with a note to Mr. Cohen, who's insights and vision have made the new SIG Sauer organization we are so grateful for possible. There are others who deserve the more proximate credit, and I'll ask if they can be made public.

Thank you on their behalf for your thoughtful recognition! I know these folks appreciate it very much.

People have to work for a living, but people live their work for recognition.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

You can always call SIG's Customer Service.

Phone: (603) 610-3000 (press #3, then #1 for Customer Service)
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30AM-8:00PM Eastern time.

They're open extra hours for us West Coasters, which is something that SIG has emphasized and happened as a result of feedback.

If you do call, please keep in mind that the P220 10mm is an ongoing project that is in development. There are no public release dates, prices, part #s etc for the project yet.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by e46sc3:
With SSE going away next year, I would think it's gonna be hard to get one of these into California. But, if there's away ... I'm getting one of these.

Yeah, let me know if you figure how to make that happen...maybe we can look for a job in law enforcement and be exempted.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
You can always call SIG's Customer Service.

I plan on doing that. And that feed back (allong with many other's feedback) would go to marketing and customer service departments to be masticated and ruminated upon, till the result that comes out in the end will likely be something like, "These gun nuts certainly do like their guns."

I was really thinking of something more personal, directly for the engineers and the team that accomplished this great achievement.

posted Hide Post
I am in! Great news!

SHOT Show debut in 2016?

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post