SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Awesome picture of our real President and Kyle. Cool Cool Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Too soon ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The picture with Trump is fantastic!

I do hope no one here worries that the crazy people will now know were he is and try to find him though. Razz

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Great pic of President Trump and Kyle Rittenhouse

I wish Kyle the best no matter if he goes quiet or maintains a high profile

Very much agree w arabiancowboy's previous post: "Let’s not give another inch, and let’s stop letting psychos dictate our behavior."

That is the attitude I have adopted.

The root cause of the events in Kenosha was the rioting / property burning of BLM and antifa. The next trigger was the standard cowardly response by the city officials to allow the destruction to continue.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the wokest of them all?

Could it be Best Buy, who offered counseling to all of their employees after the 'traumatic' Rittenhouse verdict?

https://twitter.com/save_uyghu...341465610989572?s=20

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahaaha BTW AOC says no one uses the term "woke" anymore.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... Best Buy "inclusive"? Not in the Yoop! They built a nice store here in MQT and then closed it within a couple of years. I feel discriminated against and need reparations!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Chief Inclusion, Diversity, and Talent Officer"

If I met somebody who told me that was their job title I'm afraid I'd have to quickly excuse myself from the room so I could go somewhere to LMFAO.

If I was still in the job market I think I'd avoid like the plague any place that had an Officer with that job title. No kidding.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
"Chief Inclusion, Diversity, and Talent Officer"

If I met somebody who told me that was their job title I'm afraid I'd have to quickly excuse myself from the room so I could go somewhere to LMFAO.

If I was still in the job market I think I'd avoid like the plague any place that had an Officer with that job title. No kidding.

Nearly every large company in America has one of these folks on the payroll. Full-time. Smaller companies have their leanings/HR but may also hire in diversity consultants in lieu of full-time badged positions.

Why? So that .gov/people ignore the other sins they commit.

quote:
In the teaching of the Catholic Church, an indulgence (Latin: indulgentia, from indulgeo, 'permit') is "a way to reduce the amount of punishment one has to undergo for sins".[1]

The Catechism of the Catholic Church describes an indulgence as "a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, which the faithful Christian who is duly disposed gains under certain prescribed conditions through the action of the Church which, as the minister of redemption, dispenses and applies with authority the treasury of the satisfactions of Christ and all of the saints".[2]

From Wikipedia

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Now is not the time for interviews and speaking tours. Lay low, keep your head down and be prepared for the civil suits that are surely coming your way. These TV shows and talking heads care only about one thing, and that's ratings (aka money) for their bosses. You think they really care about this boy? I have zero respect for them.

Most of my life I would have agreed with you. But now I disagree. It’s time to stop living in fear and push back every chance we get. If Kyle wants to hide out and hope this passes him by, I wouldn’t blame him at all and I’d wish him the best. But if he wants to embrace the culture war he was thrust into, I support that too. Let’s not give another inch, and let’s stop letting psychos dictate our behavior.

I couldn't agree with this more. Last summer, 2020, was the summer of acquiescence. That is over. No more appeasement. No more giving in or falling back. Without any humorous reference to the move 'Network', I for myself can say I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok the most interesting part of the FOX interview was what Kyle said about Lin Wood.

That Wood guy struck me as someone using Kyle to suck up money... but Kyle called him on it.

Did Wood Reply ?

Posts: 342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The snake that is Lin Wood is going after the bail money. Richards mentioned this

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The snake that is Lin Wood is going after the bail money. Richards mentioned this

So Lin Wood is nothing more than a Con man like Avenatti ?... Any chance the we can help him meet the same fate ?

Posts: 342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those attorneys were John Pierce and Lin Wood, who painted Rittenhouse as a defender of liberty and a patriot who was exercising his right to bear arms. Richards said the only thing that mattered to him was “whether he was found not guilty or not.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Wood has done a remarkable job of isolating himself since at least the 2020 election steal. It looks like he's still got the same problem to me - he's got a point to make, and he wants to use someone else's legal troubles as a vehicle for what he wants to say.

Helpful hint: that ain't the kind of lawyer you want when you're in trouble unless you've got an open and shut case - and how in the hell would you know whether you've got an open and shut case?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the wokest of them all?

Seems like this company is in the competition

------------------------------------------
Liquor Company Asks Consumers Not to Buy Its ‘Rittenhouse Rye’ Brand To Celebrate Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict

In an odd marketing move, whiskey and bourbon distiller and distributor Heaven Hill posted a statement to its official Twitter account Sunday asking people who are buying its ‘Rittenhouse’ branded rye not to purchase the drink if they intend to use it to cheer the verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial.

On Friday, after days of deliberation over evidence that included extensive video footage, a jury found teen Kyle Rittenhouse “not guilty” for the shooting deaths of two men and wounding of a third during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin last year.

To celebrate what they view as a just outcome, some whiskey lovers began purchasing bottles of “Rittenhouse Rye.” The brand name is derived not from the recent court case but from Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, an open-space park designed by William Penn and named for an early 19th-century papermaker.

Whiskey Raiders, a trade publication for the spirits industry, first reported the news on Monday, saying, “A quick search reveals a great number of tweets regarding celebrating the verdict with Heaven Hill’s rye. ‘Bartender, give me a Rittenhouse Rye on the rocks and make it a double! Justice has been served,’ wrote one user.”

Heaven Hill evidently wasn’t happy about the free advertising, tweeting, “We have been disheartened to learn that some individuals and businesses have been using our Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whiskey brand to celebrate the Kyle Rittenhouse case verdict, despite the profound loss of life from those events.”

The statement went on:

There is no link between our Rittenhouse Rye brand, which was started post-Prohibition to commemorate Rittenhouse Square, and this case.

It is our strongly held belief that in serious matters such as this, where lives were lost and people deeply affected, there is no cause for celebration, but instead deep reflection on how we can make the world a more peaceful and respectful place for all.

Many social media users didn’t appreciate the sentiments of the Kentucky-based company, which describes itself as the “largest independent, family-owned and operated producer and marketer of spirits” in the U.S.

Radio show host Jesse Kelly said of the post, “Rule #1: You don’t have to respond to everyone. In fact, don’t have to respond to ANYTHING. Shut your freaking mouth and let it blow over. Here’s a great example why that’s Rule #1.”

Justified actor Nick Searcy, who stars in the upcoming Daily Wire release, “Terror on the Prairie,” also blasted the company, replying, “I’m going to buy it and celebrate the #RittenhouseVerdict anyway, @heavenhill, and if you don’t like it, you can kiss my ass.”

Finally an account by the name of “Some Welder (With a Bulldozer)” reflected the views of the vast majority of the hundreds of replies by commenting, “They went out of their way to make sure you’re aware that, if you’re not a commie pos, their whiskey is not for you. These people don’t value your patronage, act accordingly.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news...ail&utm_medium=email

Heaven Hill Condemns Use of its Rittenhouse Rye to Celebrate Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict
https://whiskeyraiders.com/ame...enhouse-rye-verdict/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, that means we can boycot Evan Williams? It's going to rough giving up that swill Roll Eyes

A Kentucky based liquor company should have better sense.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
In regards to the Best Buy news, screw ‘em! Probably going to get a new tv (or 2)this Christmas and Best Buy will NOT be in the running. F’ em. Sam’s has better prices anyway!

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
So, that means we can boycot Evan Williams? It's going to rough giving up that swill Roll Eyes

A Kentucky based liquor company should have better sense.

Evan Williams
Elijah Craig
Henry McKenna
Parker's Heritage
Georgia Moon
Etc.

A family owned business in Bardstown, they definitely ought to know better.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
WTF is wrong with these companies? Just sell your crap and STFU!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post