SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I was just spreading bad information.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was thinking you could work for CNN. I hear there is a position opening.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
We (nationwide) do need to stream all trials, almost always.

Too much behind the scenes shit goes sideways. Too many side deals. Too many lies.

Too many people in positions of power can't be trusted, too many abuses of power.

One in 10,000 trials (and probably far fewer) would be of any interest to anyone. One in a million hearings would be of interest. I wouldn't burden the government with the cost and duty to broadcast those proceedings. If you want to watch it, go down to the courthouse. We've got far better things to spend government money on.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
One in 10,000 trials (and probably far fewer) would be of any interest to anyone. One in a million hearings would be of interest. I wouldn't burden the government with the cost and duty to broadcast those proceedings. If you want to watch it, go down to the courthouse. We've got far better things to spend government money on.
Unfortunately, those are not the things that the Progressives want to spend it on.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folks have lots of different interests. The same arguments were put forth in terms of filming Congress. Perhaps just a few. The Maxwell and Holmes trial would be of interest. Kim Potter's trial would also be pertinent.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
After seeing a few trials where video evidence was either purposefully "mis-represented", or the video captured (being two dimensional) provides a false "fact" (perspective, depth of field/distance) that a person "sees" things that are/were not as they actually occurred.

People are conditioned to "believe" a picture/video, and we have all seen CGI, "shopped" images and simple "optical illusions" that are definite articles in photo/video.

Not that the intentional manipulation is the greatest concern, but the taking advantage of the "natural" variances that present a "false fact" and those shown in a manner to accentuate them.

And all the recording devices in use today, do very little to prevent people from "doing wrong", (watching people brazenly break the law, and get away with it). To think those that would abuse power, or commit violations would not do so because they are recorded, would simply figure out more cunning and devious methods to get around recording. And to go as far as to use recording in such subterfuges that would help them cover what they do.

Magicians, Film/stage actors, Comedians, Politicians, Sales and Marketing, children and men who want to get laid.

Solomon said, "nothing new under the sun".

Mankind is the same ol' same ol', from the time he was drawing animals on the cave walls and making the dinosaur bigger than it really was on the hunt, to Binger, and his twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us.

Pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to mention the aerial photography.

Throwing money and technology at another problem does not fix the problem, fixing the problem fixes the problem.

Try, convict and sentence them that abuse, disbar them, shame them, humiliate them that violate the ethics and the laws.

"We the People... have the power, but it means we have to roll up sleeves and reach in the clogged commode and start clearing the crap. O complain about the smell. Again, and again, and...

We have seen some of our own get involved in politics or other means to effect change.

-Pogo
(paraphrasing...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so has anything happened to the persecutors?

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Crowder just had him LIVE:
Pretty well composed kid FWIW.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Kyle ripping on Dave Landau for being fat was cracking me up.

Good discussion all around with Crowder.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Mankind is the same ol' same ol', from the time he was drawing animals on the cave walls and making the dinosaur bigger than it really was on the hunt, to Binger, and his twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us.

I wonder if they got food from Alice's Restaurant during the trial?

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
We (nationwide) do need to stream all trials, almost always.

Too much behind the scenes shit goes sideways. Too many side deals. Too many lies.

Too many people in positions of power can't be trusted, too many abuses of power.

We'd need a decade or two of incredibly close scrutiny to see what's what.

1 in 100,000 or 1 in 20, we'll never know the way things currently happen.

Shine some light into these dusty corners, show what really goes on to all.

A transparent government with substantial oversight is a good government.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Well, as long as you can keep everyone from playing to the cameras. Something like that would mean that every traffic ticket hearing in LA could stretch out for months.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Playing to the cameras is an infinitesimally small concern as compared to backroom fuckery, crooked DAs and Judges, and other miscarriages of justice that go largely unnoticed because most never see what actually happens in each case.

Shine some light on things, lots and lots of bright light. In judges chambers, in the rooms where DAs make deals, in grand juries, in most every step where shit goes sideways but goes unseen and gets swept under the proverbial rug again and again.

The so called halls of justice are as fucked up as a football bat in as many ways as they are good... from Traffic Court to Murder cases. Countless little fiefdoms scattered about the country, from Kenosha to the rest. Shine light on it all...

Short of some literal national security issue, or something with a child victim perhaps, other edge cases I'm sure, there are scant few things and cases that are genuinely, reasonably, too sensitive and damaging for the public/victims to see.

Fuck the court's reputation and what not, this is about public trust/transparency, and Kenosha is simply the most recent, most visible, most blatant example of what can and does actually happen, and under the guise of law and order and the rest.

Put these motherfuckers under a microscope, for forever more, on tape, visible... never again should a single ADA/DA, anywhere, ever, be able to make such absurd arguments as they did in the Rittenhouse case without extraordinary fallout.

And on and on.

Our justice system doesn't need to go faster, it needs to slow down, be scrutinized, be... transparent.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Kyle Rittenhouse appears to be facing harassment from both individuals and organizations who want to take it into their own hands to hold him "accountable", despite the fact that he was acquitted by a jury of his peers.

Shortly after that incident, Rittenhouse himself received a warning from EA Games for featuring language that could "harm others or negatively disrupt the game", according to an email shared by Rittenhouse on his platform.

The language in question? Rittenhouse's own name, which is featured in an online handle.

Interestingly, Rittenhouse didn’t even use his name on EAs own online platform, but rather the company found that he used it on Steam, the world’s largest PC games distribution service which players use to buy and download games created by different developers. The name, EA’s email continued, is an "inappropriate reference" to "violence, terror, and tragic events."

So, put another way, EA doesn't even want Rittenhouse buying its games, unless he does so anonymously.

Link

One wonders how EA might react if Rittenhouse's supporters decided to call for a boycott of its games?

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Kyle needs to think about changing his last name. It is not that expensive. Rap artists do it regularly.

posted Hide Post
Agreed, he should go after the handle of "McLovin".

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I think Kyle needs to think about changing his last name. It is not that expensive. Rap artists do it regularly.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I would never surrender my name, the name my father passed down to me, to these cackling pond scum.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would never surrender my name, the name my father passed down to me, to these cackling pond scum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well in Kyle's case it would make sense. It did not seem as if his father was very involved with his life, so there is no great legacy there. It is about going on with your life not being a moving target.

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I have never been in his position, but I’ve often pondered what I’d do if I were. I guess it really comes down to what you want out of life. Now that I’m on the downhill side of my life, I would cherish peace and anonymity above all other. However, I cannot say that I would have felt the same back when I was eighteen, so full of life and optimism.

Now I’d choose to move someplace remote and disappear from the world. I would be happy to move someplace like Kettle Falls, WA, perhaps load trucks for Boise Cascade, or better, drive them. Nobody can track you down when you’re constantly on the road. Become a local in a small, remote town, and let that town become your friends and family. Spend your summers fishing on the Columbia River and perhaps raising a couple kids. That’s what I would do. If anybody was hell bent on tracking me down, I’d make it a pain for them. No nearby airport, an all day drive, etc. Perhaps Eureka, NV?

I certainly wouldn’t be all over the news and social media. I wouldn’t even have a Steam account, so my name wouldn’t ever keep coming up in the news. I would be a nobody. I’d be like the guy who hijacked the first commercial jet, invisible. What’s his name? Cooper? Not sure, he seems to have vanished.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8219 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is hard to disappear. Richard Kimble, the doctor chasing the one armed bandit taught us that. Whitey Bulger did a pretty good job.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Nobody can track you down when you’re constantly on the road.

If I thought somebody was tracking me down I'd become very visible and set up an ambush for them. I don't react well to people coming after me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post