SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understood what Gustofer meant. My intent was to have people lighten up a bit. It’s Englewood. Englewood is never on the local news for bad things happening.

Posts: 11188 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Yes, I understood what Gustofer meant. My intent was to have people lighten up a bit. It’s Englewood. Englewood is never on the local news for bad things happening.

It’s also not a horribly long drive from some really sketchy areas in Tampa and Orlando inhabited by some equally sketchy people. A little bit of googling the restaurant name from the menu on the table, and maybe a few hours of driving and you’re in the same town as some kid you think needs to be in the ground. You think all those assholes that looted Kenosha were locals? Far from it. Bring several vehicles full of people and canvass every place in town you might reasonably expect to find someone visiting from out of town - landmarks, hotels, restaurants, etc. It’s not like this stuff is impossible or even unrealistic to consider.

The militant leftists may be stupid and misguided, but what they are is one thing that we don’t seem to be, and that is organized and highly motivated. If Kyle doesn’t disappear from the public view, he’s likely going to end up murdered, whether it's in Englewood gated community private country club with a walk-on to the back nine or West Shitfuck Nowheresville, USA. It doesn't matter.

Posts: 17350 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The militant leftists may be stupid and misguided, but what they are is one thing that we don’t seem to be, and that is organized and highly motivated. If Kyle doesn’t disappear from the public view, he’s likely going to end up murdered, whether it's in Englewood gated community private country club with a walk-on to the back nine or West Shitfuck Nowheresville, USA. It doesn't matter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correct. He needs to follow the Whitey Bulger playbook. Mark Richards,his attorney said Kyle needs to learn to say NO. I agree. Richards went on to comment about how ripe Kyle is for exploitation.

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correct. He needs to follow the Whitey Bulger playbook. Mark Richards,his attorney said Kyle needs to learn to say NO. I agree. Richards went on to comment about how ripe Kyle is for exploitation.

If I were Kyle, I’d lay low and file law suits. He needs those settlements to both build a life and hire protection. The Left is targeting him. They are demonic and smart. Right now he is a vulnerable lamb and they are wolves hiding in the tall grass.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29792 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
I didn’t read your whole post, but I am sure that one, you’re drinking BRCC...
Do yourself a favor and be nice.

Noted sir.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that I pity the next person who has to use lethal force to protect themselves or their family, because the media & the politicians WILL make an example of them. They're not going to let this go away.

Look at them even now. EVEN after all the facts come out & they were proven wrong the media & the politicians are still on the news pushing the same lies.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse may have something to say about those lies once his attorneys start filing 9-figure defamation and libel suits.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
All I can say is that I pity the next person who has to use lethal force to protect themselves or their family, because the media & the politicians WILL make an example of them.

They may try, but, if the poll about which rscalzo posted is any guide: They will fail. And in so-failing they will discredit themselves further.

80 percent of Boston Globe readers--both Boston and MA are pretty damn blue, are they not?--agreed with the not guilty verdicts.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how many shallow as a gob of spit LOONS are parading around trying to tell everyone that this is some sort of punishment for Wisconsin daring to give Rittenhouse a fair trial.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
80 percent of Boston Globe readers--both Boston and MA are pretty damn blue, are they not?--agreed with the not guilty verdicts.

Don't read too much into that. Anyone can vote in online polls. Just because it's hosted on a Boston-area news website, doesn't mean everyone who voted was from the Boston area, or even that the majority of people who voted were from Boston.

For example, I've lost count of the number of times someone on this very forum has posted about "XYZ local news site is hosting a gun-rights-related poll... Everyone go vote!", and then a large chunk of members here go pile on the conservative response option to that "local" poll, regardless of where they live.

Multiply that by every conservative or gun-related forum or social media group out there doing the same thing, and the same with the liberal version, and the result is that these politics-related online polls are worthless as far as being legitimate reflections of local public opinion. It just becomes a matter of which side can drum up enough online support to go dogpile their preferred poll response with votes from all across the country/world.

And the news websites are laughing all the way to the bank, because all they care about is the extra ad revenue from the increased site traffic.

Posts: 32662 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5794 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Andy Branciua did a great Zoom conference reviewing the trial. He was not as upbeat about the defense pointing out several mistakes that were made.

He also stated that the Prosecutor will most likely face no repercussions after this. Not surprising. Nor will Rittenhouse instantly become a wealthy person. Again not surprising.

It was a very informative two hours hosted by attorneys well versed in the process.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Andy Branciua did a great Zoom conference reviewing the trial. He was not as upbeat about the defense pointing out several mistakes that were made.

He also stated that the Prosecutor will most likely face no repercussions after this. Not surprising. Nor will Rittenhouse instantly become a wealthy person. Again not surprising.

I believe that it's being posted on their YouTube channel.

It was a very informative two hours hosted by attorneys well versed in the process.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Andy Branciua did a great Zoom conference reviewing the trial....... Nor will Rittenhouse instantly become a wealthy person. Again not surprising.

Taking on the media, any media, is at best a near-vertical uphill battle, what with the First Amendment and all. A lot of what was written also fell under opinion or commentary sections, which are also highly protected.

I'd also point out that all the Photoshopped memes "starring" Rittenhouse don't necessarily help him. When people believe everything they see bad things can happen.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Our society is breaking down around us. We see clear and convincing evidence every single day. The last 36 hours has been atrocious, but expected

It sure as hell isn’t Kyle Rittenhouse’s fault.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
When does a purchase become a straw purchase, for legal purposes, it tends to be a narrow set of action or actions that constitute violation of a law.

When
Two parties agree to do the transaction,
Cash changes hands
The 4473 is completed,
LGS/Owner hands the firearm to the buyer
When the gun change hands from buyer to the second party.

Is it when the gun changes hands that triggers the straw purchase violation, because up to that point the original owner still has the gun he/she purchased in their possession, pretty sure source of funds doesn't matter, because method of payment doesn't have to be from the buyers source of income/cash/credit, your neighbor could pay for your new gun based on a bet/debt/work deal, but as long as you fill out the 4473 and take possession it's a legal purchase.

So the issue is, did Black actually commit a 4473 violation, by letting Kyle carry the AR at the protest, as long as he retained ownership of that AR.

Until the ownership is conveyed, regardless of time frame, is it at the point of being a straw purchase. How does intent come into play as a violation, if, the buy or transfer has not, or never will happen....

Posts: 23755 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh great, more talk about straw purchases.

Posts: 834 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^Agreed. We got a good victory here. Why the Hell do we have to over analyze minutiae?

Posts: 1240 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Has there been any comment from the jurors as to why the verdict took so long to be reached/announced?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post