SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What would the DOJ charge him with? No federal crime was committed nor were any civil rights violated. This was a State matter that was dealt with at the State level.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
What would the DOJ charge him with? No federal crime was committed nor were any civil rights violated. This was a State matter that was dealt with at the State level.

I saw a reference to potential civil rights action based on some precedent from decades back. Maybe others can enlighten us. But of course, show me the man and I'll show you the crime.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
They'll just make something up.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
They'll just make something up.

flashguy

Let them. They’ll end up embarrassing themselves as badly as the Kenosha “prosecutors”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:

Details, details.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
There won’t be Federal charges, and you can take that to the bank. The Feds just want this to go away.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The regressives will lie, cheat, invent and fabricate charges to accomplish their goal.

These are the same people that tried to impeach Trump and neither truth nor facts matter.

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very impressed with Kyle's maturity, intelligence and poise. I doubted he could hold his own with a hostile media should he decide to make himself available for interviews. After seeing him with Tucker, I am no longer concerned. I think he could hold his own.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
These are also the same people who tried to make Terry McAuliffe governor of Virginia again and who tried to convict Rittenhouse in Kenosha County.

There's no good reason to let them live in your head rent-free. Make 'em get off their asses and actually do something before you sit up all night worrying about what they're going to do.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain what the ejection port dust cover being open has to do with the forward assist?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Can someone explain what the ejection port dust cover being open has to do with the forward assist?
Absolutely nothing.
It was an odd comment by Kyle.
Only thing I can think of is that he could see that the bolt was not fully closed and locked.
The dust cover would have opened upon his first shot and remained open, unless intentionally closed.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Our society is breaking down around us.

So I understand why you're saying this, but this past weekend, my entire neighborhood was out raking leaves and the kids were playing together. The local grocery store was full and everyone was friendly. My suburb is as mixed (politically and racially) as you could imagine and everyone is living their life and treating those around them with respect and friendliness.

I know why you're saying this, but I refuse to believe it's true where people refuse to let it happen.

The fear mongers at every level of "news and talk" simply need ears, eyeballs, clicks, and furor in order to continue their empires. It's stupid and I stopped participating as did many of my neighbors.

Again, I know and understand where this comes from. It just strikes me as something we can choose to push back on at every level, and it doesn't have to be violently. Actively building your neighborhood and community is the solution and all that it takes to start that solution is taking a plate of brownies to your neighbor that had the political sign you despised.

Yes, if you look around a typical suburban or small town neighborhood you will see this. People I know from work or school that live in Portland said the trouble was all just in a small area and a little ways away you would not know it was happening. Seattle people also trivialized what happened there last year. Complete abdication of duty by the local government, embracing of lawlessness, and refusal to prosecute crime is someone else's problem, until it suddenly becomes your problem, and then it's too late.

Hell, I was downtown Minneapolis at a restaurant last Friday when the verdict came in. It seemed pretty deserted, but I went back to the hotel by 3pm and stayed in all night. Sat at the hotel bar and talked to a couple like minded people. As it turned out there wasn't any unrest of note. But it was below freezing so there's that.

Problem with all this is many of the people that don't really pay attention to what is happening voted Trump out because of mean tweets, and now they are content to think things will be "back to normal" because the MSM isn't telling them in the snippets they digest about how bad Trump is anymore. They voted for Biden to stop all the noise. But make no mistake, I've been alive almost 50 years and I have never ever seen anything like the past few years in this country. Lockdowns, riots, rampant censorship, bail reform, organized looting, government sponsored propaganda, new speak, tearing down statues of Washington and Lincoln, you name it. The federal government mobilized to promote a lie and unseat a duly elected president. And is now deliberately allowing millions of illegals to flood the country such that they can be given amnesty the right to vote. They want to give some of them huge settlements too, so that they stay and afford to bring a bunch of relatives here.

Maybe it's because I've spent a couple years accumulated time in China and see how they control the media and the narrative until to population falls in with the official story (or dare not dissent if they don't believe it), or how a single party command capitalist economy can create very very rich people who have all the right government connections, while the average person cannot afford a car or live in anything more than a small apartment. Maybe it's because I know people that left China, Venezuela, Russia, and Cuba for the U.S. and they are seeing the parallels and sounding the alarm.

This is what the democrats want - single party command capitalism - so the politicians can pick the economic winners and losers so that they become filthy rich too. The business elite will be protected from competition, and the average person will have no chance of challenging the elite. Another word for this is facism.

Instead of the Proletariat and the Bourgeoisie, now it's the People of Color and the White Supremacists, and for the first time the communists have found something that sticks. Class struggle talk doesn't work here because Bezos, Zuckerberg, Musk, Jobs, Gates were more or less self made. But race struggle SELLS, because almost all people agree racism is bad, and the average person isn't paying close enough attention to understand what is really happening.

The issue at hand with the Kyle Rittenhouse trial wasn't self defense or the 2nd amendment. It was pure us-vs.-them tribalism. "Your MAGA kid shot 3 of OUR GUYS" And of course "they" have moral superiority because they are standing up against systemic racism. They wanted Kyle to pay, like gangs want the other gang to pay when one of their guys gets shot. And the entire MSM and a whole lot of the country was willing to throw out the LAW and convict only for revenge.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Hopefully KR was able to secure his assets right after the incident.
What assets? KR is a 17 year old low middle class kid. He doesn't have anything to go after in a civil suit. Like me trying to sue the drunk guy who ran into my truck years ago who had no license, no insurance, and no current address. You can't squeeze water from a stone.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Nadler needs to be un-voted and jailed.

flashguy
Actually, Nadler needs to have a massive coronary and depart this existence. We have more than our "fair share" of garbage in this country right now.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Our society is breaking down around us.

So I understand why you're saying this, but this past weekend, my entire neighborhood was out raking leaves and the kids were playing together. The local grocery store was full and everyone was friendly. My suburb is as mixed (politically and racially) as you could imagine and everyone is living their life and treating those around them with respect and friendliness.

I know why you're saying this, but I refuse to believe it's true where people refuse to let it happen.

The fear mongers at every level of "news and talk" simply need ears, eyeballs, clicks, and furor in order to continue their empires. It's stupid and I stopped participating as did many of my neighbors.

Again, I know and understand where this comes from. It just strikes me as something we can choose to push back on at every level, and it doesn't have to be violently. Actively building your neighborhood and community is the solution and all that it takes to start that solution is taking a plate of brownies to your neighbor that had the political sign you despised.

Wise words

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a fantastic picture Balzé.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, that's gonna tweak their panties for sure.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kyle, meet your new employer. Cool

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post