SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The other DA is now saying that guns aren’t “handed” ie left or right handed…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Very few people annoy me to look at or listen to but this snarky punk prosecutor makes me want to bitch slap him. He reminds me of the mommas basement internet trolls who think they can say or do anything without any real world consequences. Aarrrggghh. Did he just call the criminals that rioted and attacked Rittenhouse brave?

I’ve spent a lot of time in courtrooms testifying, working with judges, attorneys, prosecuting attorneys etc. and this soyboy “lunchbox” wouldn’t fair well in courts around here.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
"Everyone takes a beating sometimes" hahahaha he can't be serious??? I'm pretty sure that guy knows a thing or two about that.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
The other DA is now saying that guns aren’t “handed” ie left or right handed…

"ambidextrous" is beyond his vocabulary.

But aside from that, was he talking about the AR15? Because, as we all know, most builds are not ambidextrous.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^ he was talking about guns in general..but I’m sure he doesn’t know there are in fact left handed rifles

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The state is trying to say that Kyle knew he only had to shoot Rosenbaim once (in the hip). Although there is no testimony to what shot went where first. Their case of provocation fell apart and now clings to the fact that Rosenbaum didn't have to die and kyle should have fought hand to hand. God speed Kyle and fuck Binger and Kraus.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
...if Kyle is convicted then no citizen is safe to defend himself with deadly force, instead having to analyze fleeting circumstances to satisfy the legal class.

Umm...no. I don't know what they do in UT, but that "no citizen" nonsense ain't happening in a lot of places.

My perspective is based on the nature of progressivism. All they need is a precedent established and they work from there. You and I may be safe where we are now, but when the Left changes the culture far enough and in enough States then our safe sense is left vulnerable. I’m done with it. No more progress toward captivity in a pseudo free country. Not one more step.

Sounds like a defeatist mentality to me. Oh that's the way it is. It's gonna happen anyway. I get it. There are times I feel that way, too. But, I came to my sense. Freedom, liberty and the right to self preserve are worth fighting tooth and nail with these commies for. And dying for. They take a mile, we take back two.

I think we agree. I’m not saying give up anything. I’m saying if they establish self defense the way they’ve described it, then our fight just got more intense. I’m hoping the prosecution loses so Rittenhouse can go free and the right to self defense doesn’t get redefined…….anywhere.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Guy basically called Indiana Jones a wimp for shooting a guy with a sword instead of fighting him.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
If the Jury returned something stupid, would it be too late for the Judge to declare a Mistrial with Prejudice or a miscarriage of justice ? In the case of a miscarriage of justice ruling, could Rittenhouse be retried ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DA Kraus said that Kyle “was too cowardly to use his fists” to fight off Rosenbaum

Kraus said something about - "Everyone takes a beating sometimes."

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Kraus doesn't strike me as the fisticuffs sort.

Is it allowed to ask, on the record, if the DA's themselves own and carry firearms?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
ADA Binger singlehandedly decides to reduce the jury pool.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Is there really a need for that photo to be posted over and over again? The guys an idiot. We get it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Last time. Promise Big Grin. Sorry thought I was first.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
If the Jury returned something stupid, would it be too late for the Judge to declare a Mistrial with Prejudice or a miscarriage of justice ? In the case of a miscarriage of justice ruling, could Rittenhouse be retried ?
I'm not a lawyer, but in some cases doesn't the judge have the ability to overrule a verdict?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
wouldn't those same arguments apply to the people he shot?

Yes, and it’s something we could ask ourselves, but it’s not a good idea to raise them as a defense. By saying, “Well, those guys shouldn’t have been there either,” it legitimizes the entire “He shouldn’t have been there” argument, and the shootees aren’t on trial. We don’t have to have a reason to be anywhere it’s legal to be, and it’s no different than the, “Why do you need a gun?” assault on our rights. I don’t have to have a reason to need a gun; it’s my right without a reason. On a level that perhaps more people can understand (women, anyway), it’s the same as asking why a rape victim was someplace she “shouldn’t” have been or why was she wearing “provocative” clothes.

“He had no reason …” is an illegitimate argument and should be treated as such. That said, I fully realize that short of the judge smacking it down and preventing its even being raised, it’s something the prosecution can get away with. But wrong or not, if someone like a juror is thinking about it, trying to push it back on the guys who were shot can backfire: “Yeah, nobody should have been there, including the accused.”

It's not a rape trial or a "normal" murder trial. He's freely admitting to killing two people and shooting a third. He's claiming self-defense. His team has no choice but "to push it back on the guys who were shot". They have to change those guys from victims to instigators. I don't know the legal elements the defense has to prove for self-defense. I believe the first element is the he had a right to be where he was which doesn't mean they have to prove the other guys didn't have the right to be where they were, but at some point though, doesn't the defense have to attack their victimhood status?

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
His team has no choice but "to push it back on the guys who were shot". They have to change those guys from victims to instigators.

He (Kyle's attorney) did that I think. He stated at one point that Kyle shot and killed Rosenbaum, "and I'm glad he did", otherwise he'd have taken the rifle and killed Kyle and others that night.

He was pretty brutal there and I was surprised to hear him say, "and I'm glad he did".

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was pretty brutal there and I was surprised to hear him say, "and I'm glad he did".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think that was the right move. Rosenbaum was no altar boy and it conveys same to the jury. Your average Wisconsonite is afraid of people like him.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post