SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this is really absurd

eventually you say something stupid

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think the judge is starting to tire of the prosecutor's relentless attempts to trip-up KR.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thank God his lawyers ain't the sorry Luddite I am.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why aren't kyle's lawyers objecting to this endless circular questions
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because the Judge is taking care of it,which is a much better outcome.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]posted November 10, 2021 02:47 PM Hide Post
I think the judge is starting to tire of the prosecutor's relentless attempts to trip-up KR.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think he is way over it and trying to prevent a mistrial. Schroeder is a no nonsense guy and has been around a long time. He is being very patient. Now he is misquoting the Judge.  

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WRT allowing the prosecution to allow use of zoom features to enhance video images, the jdge is saying to the prosecutor “…he (Rittenhouse) has good lawyers…and you suck as a prosecuting attorney…”

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Not fast enough.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I love they are calling him little finger(DA)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Scuttlebutt among the observers on the livestream (watching Rekieta Law's livestream, FWIW), someone's tweeted from the courtroom that the jury has seemed largely asleep and has not been taking notes, both for some time. Speculation there is that the defense lawyers aren't objecting because the jury isn't absorbing whatever the prosecution is trying to bring their attention to, and the defense lawyers don't really want to wake them up so that they do absorb what the prosecution is trying to do.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Binger is apparently wearing a US Marine Corp lapel pin in honor of the USMC birthday.....checking his resume, nothing shows he ever served in any of the armed forces, let alone in the Marines.

Some observations from the courtroom, most of the jury is kicked back & leaning back in their chairs, arms crossed across chests, and none of them are taking any notes.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When he was questioned about bringing the AR along to the fire, Kyle should have simply said that he wears a seat belt in a car, not because he thinks he will get in an accident today but because it's always a possibility.

This whole thing is why a defense attorney advises the client to stay off the stand if at all possible. He may well survive this but it's not the last thing you want to jury to remember.

Most of the public, jurors included, are aware of fact that's the way it's normally done.

Clearly the DA is nitpicking the guy and hoping he makes any sort of technical error or error in memory so he can jump on like it's a big deal. Most of the questions seem to have little if any relevance. I'm surprised the defense isn't objecting more.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Binger is apparently wearing a US Marine Corp lapel pin in honor of the USMC birthday.....checking his resume, nothing shows he ever served in any of the armed forces, let alone in the Marines.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was just thinking the same. He never would have gotten through basic. He does not know when to shut up. You usually learn that as a kid.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
When he was questioned about bringing the AR along to the fire, Kyle should have simply said that he wears a seat belt in a car, not because he thinks he will get in an accident today but because it's always a possibility.

I was waiting for a, "It's better to have it and not need it...", response.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
He never would have gotten through basic...

...without a blanket party.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Scuttlebutt among the observers on the livestream (watching Rekieta Law's livestream, FWIW), someone's tweeted from the courtroom that the jury has seemed largely asleep and has not been taking notes, both for some time. Speculation there is that the defense lawyers aren't objecting because the jury isn't absorbing whatever the prosecution is trying to bring their attention to, and the defense lawyers don't really want to wake them up so that they do absorb what the prosecution is trying to do.

Prosecutor: <babble babble babble babble>
Defense: Objection! Counsel is testifying.
Judge: Sustained. The jury will disregard the prosecution's last statement.
Jury: <wakes up> Huh? What'd he say?

<Later, in the jury room...>
Juror: Did anybody catch what the judge told us to disregard?
Other jurors: <look at each other, shrug>

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
why aren't kyle's lawyers objecting to this endless circular questions
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because the Judge is taking care of it,which is a much better outcome.

Objecting is tricky because you don't want to look like you are saving your client or anger the jury by prolonging the testimony. It's always a decision you have to make in the moment, but I usually try not to stop someone when they are helping me out by making themselves look foolish or annoying the judge.

Taking the motion for mistrial under advisement was a good call. See how things play out.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Still baffles me why the defense let Kyle take the stand.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

I was waiting for a, "It's better to have it and not need it...", response.

Kyle is doing great without exactly saying that. I was saying "cause I can" to myself. Kyle isn't saying anything that Binger can latch onto. Amazing young adult.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Do you see it now?"

"No."

And neither does the jury. You're gonna have to qualify the enhanced image as evidence - if you can.

"Well, maybe if I play it again and again I can finally implant the idea in your head that you're pointing a weapon at someone."

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ok, now it's getting stupid.