SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^True story. Guys like him don't play well to the Brookfield soccer moms.

Posts: 10792 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video of Defense attorney Mark Richards talking about rosenbaum

https://www.breitbart.com/law-...ot-joseph-rosenbaum/

‘I’m Glad’ My Client Shot Joseph Rosenbaum

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
^ he was talking about guns in general..but I’m sure he doesn’t know there are in fact left handed rifles

Well, I bought my wife a left handed AR15 and it is a damn nice rifle!

Posts: 1196 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Kraus doesn't strike me as the fisticuffs sort.
Wanna bet. Try and wrestle his four pound turkey leg away from him at lunch time and watch out!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Is there really a need for that photo to be posted over and over again? The guys an idiot. We get it.

We're in a war and when the enemy fucks up this bad you pour it on. No Marquis of Queensborough Rules... destroy this clown and with all that's going on with Bannon, dirty fbi, biden-harris battle and then election fraud - tide seems to be favoring conservatives but we must give no quarter.

make everybody have that picture as the mental image of Rittenhouse Trial - a total joke

Posts: 4671 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
The other DA is now saying that guns aren’t “handed” ie left or right handed…
James Kraus - ”Guns do not have handed, there is not a left handed or right handed gun.”

My left eye dominant daughter would beg to differ.
Must not have any Stag Arms in Wisconsin.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
They lied about everything else, why not that?!

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
^ he was talking about guns in general..but I’m sure he doesn’t know there are in fact left handed rifles

This illustrates how little research and how lacking their trial prep was. It would have taken less than a minute to punch left handed AR 15 into a search engine to return results showing numerous left handed AR's. They could have had a intern do it for them.

Seems to me in a trial with this high of a profile you would make absolutely certain whatever claim you make in open court would be previously researched. All it takes is one left handed juror who goes hunting or has any familiarity with guns to go wtf?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4915 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
The other DA is now saying that guns aren’t “handed” ie left or right handed…
James Kraus - ”Guns do not have handed, there is not a left handed or right handed gun.”

My left eye dominant daughter would beg to differ.
Must not have any Stag Arms in Wisconsin.

Or Rock River Arms’ left ejecting LAR-15.

My child, now adult owns one.

The defense also said a left handed shooter would be hit in the face by hot cases. Maybe that is true if there isn’t a shell deflector, but I shoot left handed and the only time I’ve been hit by hot casings was when a guy in the next zip code was shooting an HK91.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31358 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It is abundantly clear to me what the verdict should be-the charges should never have been filed. After a 42 year career in LE, however, the irrational decisions of juries now and again have convinced me that mass insanity can strike anywhere, at random. I think the best thing Kyle has going for him is the arrogance of the prosecutors.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
several DA Kraus statements

Kraus continued along the theme that somehow Rittenhouse should have tried to retreat more. But he had tried to retreat. Indeed, he was in full flight running from Joseph Rosenbaum, who was trying to chase him down after threatening to kill him, with Rosenbaum lunging at him and grabbing his gun

“We’re supposed to believe that Rosenbaum is Jason Bourne or John Wick or some other movie star hero who’s capable of killing with his bare hands and deserved the treatment that he got from the defendant,” Kraus said [….]

Defense Attorney Richards was trying to make the three victims seem like “bad people doing bad things,” Kraus said.

“We’re supposed to be so scared of Mr. Grosskreutz with his glock when the defendant is holding a loaded AR-15,” he said.

Assistant DA says Kyle Rittenhouse "brought a gun to a fist fight. He was too cowardly to use his own fists to fight his way out. He had to start shooting."

Kraus in closing arguments of Kyle Rittenhouse case argues skateboard can NOT be used as a deadly weapon, jokes that parents should give kids AR-15s as Christmas gifts

“everyone takes a beating once in a while. I don’t need a full metal jacket AR-15 because of that”

https://redstate.com/nick-aram...de-jaws-drop-n476507

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

have you had your beating from a pedophile maniac lately ?

binger used this pic in his argument to the jury

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or Rock River Arms’ left ejecting LAR-15.

My child, now adult owns one.

The defense also said a left handed shooter would be hit in the face by hot cases. Maybe that is true if there isn’t a shell deflector, but I shoot left handed and the only time I’ve been hit by hot casings was when a guy in the next zip code was shooting an HK91.

^^^^^^^^^^
I converted my right handed AR to left with a kit. It is obvious that due dilligence did not occur in terms of firearms knowledge. It was much more than the nomeclature. I would be willing to bet that some members of the juy caught that as well.

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now the headlines are "Kenosha Braces for Riots Ahead of Verdict". Hello, he shot three armed white guys not an unarmed black man and he wasn't a policeman. Other than professional "protestors", who do they think will riot?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This whole left/right handed AR argument is nonsense, and the defense is lucky they got away with it. Every AR since the A2 configuration has had a built in brass deflector for lefties. That argument could have blown up in their face. They should have just left it with the fact that Kyle was holding the rifle right handed, not that the rifle couldn’t be fired left handed. When in the Army, I fired my M16 left handed many times, and the Army didn’t issue left handed rifles, at least not to us regular grunts.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8193 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Other than professional "protestors", who do they think will riot?

The three idiots peers; commies, fascists, white people with mental illnesses, and antifa (who are all three).

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
And I bet they'll all be carrying ARs.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6842 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should just charge Rittenhouse with interfering with a Government Sanctioned Protest.

Seems the only one who broke the law was the guy trying to limit prevent the chaos and destruction.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“ Kraus in closing arguments of Kyle Rittenhouse case argues skateboard can NOT be used as a deadly weapon, jokes that parents should give kids AR-15s as Christmas gifts”

Maybe if someone attacked and beat the shit out of him with one, he’d change his tune. I’ve seen skateboards do serious damage in numerous videos.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A skateboard is nothing more than a plowshare or a pruninghook.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post