SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
You'd think the state would have gone over the expected testimony and compare them to the facts they know, especially in a high profile case like this one.

^^^^^^^^^^
As a rule the best attorneys are defense attorneys. I am glad the public is seeing first hand the incompetence of many DAs.

They may be incompetent, and I agree with you that many if not most of them are. They problem is that they cost us all so very much with their incompetence. They cost us when they go after the wrong people, and they cost us when they screw up the prosecution of the bad ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13975 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. It is infuriating that our public servants are subpar.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Seems screaming racial epithets at a black police officer would some how go against the principles he testified to.

I apologize, kimber1911, I managed to mislead you. It was Joseph Rosenbaum (who was actually killed that night) who did that.

Meanwhile Grosskreutz is left to ponder the wisdom of having filed a lawsuit against the City of Kenosha, the County of Kenosha, and several individual officers in local government just two weeks before this trial started. He alleged that "Kenosha law enforcement officers and white nationalist militia persons discussed and coordinated strategy" that led to his having gotten shot. He's blaming the Kenosha police and Kenosha Sheriff's Department for "deputizing a roving militia to 'protect property' and 'assist in maintaining order'".
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...-officers/ar-AAPzUjp

Then he showed up as a witness at a prosecution being run by Kenosha County prosecutors and essentially admitted that the whole thing, including his being shot, was his fault. He also admitted that there were serious omissions in both the report he filed with the police and in his lawsuit. On top of that he contradicted himself several times and, on multiple occasions, made statements that a reasonable juror might suspect of being less than truthful.

I know lawyers used both the civil (tort) case and the criminal case to essentially accelerate and accentuate each other by stressing out local government defendants. If Grosskreutz decided to use the same strategy then I'd bet today was a truly tragic day for him.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. It is infuriating that our public servants are subpar.
No, they'd have to improve dramatically to reach 'subpar' status.

True story. I sat as foreman on a jury a few years ago on a burglary case. Guy supposedly broke into the house he used to rent with a friend. The prosecutor and and public defender were our latest crop of 30 something moron lawyers. We spent the entire day listening to these two morons prick fight with each other to finally arrive at the end of the day when the prosecutor released a phone recording of the defendant talking from jail to his momma, admitting to the crime and everything that had been charged. The prosecutor could have offered that in the first 15 minutes of the trial and we could have been done in a couple hours instead of wasting an entire day. The jury was out for exactly 20 minutes (took 10 to elect me as foreman) to find this guy guilty on all counts. What a clusterf*ck the whole process was.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Between 1:14:30 and 1:16:30 Gaige describes how the defendant racked the slide of he AR-15 while aiming it at him to eject a shell casing and load a round.

I am a bit perplexed, either Gaige is just making up a story as to how he thinks an AR-15 works or the rifle jammed.

If the rifle jammed, I am very impressed that the defendant was able to clear the jam between shots while on the ground so quickly.

Either way you may find it entertaining to listen to his description between the time noted above.

Also, nice name drop at 1:55:00
Gaige: “I was in the ICU, a few rooms over from Jacob Blake” Roll Eyes

2:09 Defense cross examination begins.
His Glock “Fell off his waist”, strange way to tell the Police you drew your firearm.
“I told multiple officers, I dropped my firearm.”
Probably shouldn’t have signed that document, might be a crime there in lying to the Police.

Our Wisconsin Revolution
The People’s Revolution rally attendee.
He claims to not be a member but does admit to having an affiliation with them.
Appears Gaige was at a rally and stated “Long Live the Revolution.” Big Grin

Six hours after being shot, Mr. Grosskreutz had a civil lawyer.
Filed a “Note of Claim” by his lawyer on his behalf.
He wanted $10 million dollars from the City and County of Kenosha.
Gaige never mentioned in the document, that he possessed a firearm, he left that part out.
And therefore left out the small detail of illegally carrying a concealed weapon without a valid permit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

After getting a warrant for Biceps Boy's cell phone, the Prosecutor told the Detective NOT to execute it. The only time the Detective has not executed a search warrant in his career. Yet he did unlock Dead Thug's cell phone and got Kyle and his attorney to agree turning over the code to his cell phone.

It gets better, the Lead Detective is the nephew of the Mayor (who has said he wants Kyle convicted....so the city won't burn down again) and related (cousins) to the City Attorney. I don't think we have to reach for the tin hats for a conspiracy theory.

Posts: 3992 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

sure.

Thanks! Facepalm at 2:49:05

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8072 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Between 1:14:30 and 1:16:30 Gaige describes how the defendant racked the slide of he AR-15 while aiming it at him to eject a shell casing and load a round.

I am a bit perplexed, either Gaige is just making up a story as to how he thinks an AR-15 works or the rifle jammed.

If the rifle jammed, I am very impressed that the defendant was able to clear the jam between shots while on the ground so quickly.

American fucking Hero Rittenhouse did in fact experience a jam, cleared it, and continued to defend himself. Honestly, the marksmanship and proficiency that Kyle Rittenhouse portrayed that night with his rifle was very impressive. Throw this kid in a World War, and we'd likely have another Audie Murphy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahaha. He has a baby face just like Audie. Cannot imagine him in cowboy movies like Murphy though.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Honestly, the marksmanship and proficiency that Kyle Rittenhouse portrayed that night with his rifle was very impressive.

His discipline and restraint are remarkable. In all that chaos and with that howling mob after him, I'm amazed at his self-control.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6466 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
2:29:35
He’s running away from you, correct?
Yes.
And your digging into your waistband.
(Tell us again how you carry your illegally concealed pistol in the small of your back.)

More than 30 feet ahead of you, you pull your firearm and begin to chase him.
No.
Just running in the same direction… hmmm.
But not chasing, uh ok, this boy is a mess for the prosecution.

Perhaps his lawyer should have told this witness to plead the fifth.
I’ve lost track of how many crimes he has admitted to under oath.

Running in the same direction, drawing his gun, but not chasing him. Big Grin

2:36
Defense: “You believed that Mr. Rittenhouse was in serious danger of being hurt, right?”
Gaige: “In part yes.”
Defense: “And you had mentioned to the Police that evening that you tried telling Mr. Huber “the guy” to stop hitting him with the skateboard, is that right?”
Gaige: “That is what I put in my statement, yes.”
Defense: “Is that true?”
Gaige: with the benefit of hindsight that is incorrect.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I read two articles today that were total bullshit. One was on Yahoo news, and the other NBC news. In both articles it was stated that Grosskreutz said he had he had his hands up in the air when Rittenhouse shot him. How do they even make this shit up?

Posts: 6673 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Honestly, the marksmanship and proficiency that Kyle Rittenhouse portrayed that night with his rifle was very impressive.

His discipline and restraint are remarkable. In all that chaos and with that howling mob after him, I'm amazed at his self-control.

Completely agree.

Over, and over, while watching this ridiculous circus trial of prosecutor incompetence, and law enforcement idiocy, I tell my wife that I could not have shown such restraint. I'd have shot a lot more people. I wouldn't have waited as long as he did. I'd like to think I could have put rounds on target as well as he did under the stress he was in. All with an unfamiliar rifle that belonged to someone else.

Kyle's weapon handling and shooting really is impressive for his age and experience. It's impressive by most people's standards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13975 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Defense attorney cross examines the detective . watch the body language and facial expressions

video at:

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-people-chasing-him/

Kenosha Police Department Detective Ben Antaramian, a prosecution witness, admitted under cross-examination Monday that Kyle Rittenhouse only shot people who chased him through the streets during Black Lives Matter riots last Aug. 25.

Earlier in the day, Gaige Grosskreutz, the man who was wounded and survived, admitted under cross-examination by defense attorney Corey Chirafisi that he had pulled his own gun first, and had pointed it at Rittenhouse, on the ground.

The prosecution then called Detective Antaramian, and Chirafisi went to work again, eliciting an admission that police declined to execute a search warrant on Grosskreutz, and that Rittenhouse had only shot people who were pursuing him.

Last year, then-candidate Joe Biden claimed, without evidence, that Rittenhouse was a white supremacist. No evidence to that effect has been presented to the court.

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it at all curious to anybody else that the lead detective just 2 years on the job, gets the most hi profile case on the planet is also the nephew of the mayor, also a cousin of the city attorney, also a cousin of Kenosha city judge is also a cousin of a county board of supervisor and is also a cousin of a state representative? All (D) naturally. Entire family runs the town ? Jesus what an incestuous shit hole. does anybody not have a suckle at the .gov teat ?

Posts: 4840 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking why the prosecution would present a case that is so weak their own witnesses are proving the defense's position. Bias, arrogance, following orders from the top, etc.

But today I realized something. If you hate guns, and especially hate "assault" guns, a finding of self-defense in this case will forever establish a precedent:

The AR-15 is an effective self defense weapon and is in common use by people for this purpose. Kyle Rittenhouse, while only 17 years old, effectively and "surgically" used an AR-15 to defend himself from multiple attackers, including one armed with a handgun, and caused zero collateral damage to any bystanders.

The AR-15 is not "too powerful" for a young or small statured person, it is accurate, it is controllable, it is not designed not spray bullets "from the hip", and it is the IDEAL MILITA WEAPON. Oh, and the flash hider prevented him from having his night sight "blinded", and the 30 round magazine ensured he still had plenty of ammo to defend himself with after neutralizing 3 attackers with around 8 rounds.

Had he been armed with a double barrel shotgun as Dementia Joe says is all you need, he would be dead. Pump shotgun, maybe, but I doubt he could have operated it fast enough, especially while on the ground with two attackers in succession. Semi-auto shotgun would be better than a pump, but he would have to be reloading shells on the fly or he would have been empty.

This is actually quite educational to see how any other firearms might have resulted in Kyle not walking away alive.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Is it at all curious to anybody else that the lead detective just 2 years on the job, gets the most hi profile case on the planet is also the nephew of the mayor, also a cousin of the city attorney, also a cousin of Kenosha city judge is also a cousin of a county board of supervisor and is also a cousin of a state representative? All (D) naturally. Entire family runs the town ? Jesus what an incestuous shit hole. does anybody not have a suckle at the .gov teat ?

I guess the detective is the dumb one and an underachiever compared to the others. Yes, that whole fucking town looks like one big incestuous and nepotistic mess. At this point, I have to wonder how many of the jurors are related to them too. "This is my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell."

Posts: 3992 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:

I guess the detective is the dumb one and an underachiever compared to the others. Yes, that whole fucking town looks like one big incestuous and nepotistic mess. At this point, I have to wonder how many of the jurors are related to them too. "This is my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell."

Ha ! nice Newhart reference. Total thread drift… wife and I were watching an old (1960) episode of Alfred Hitchock presents and a very young, very cute 23 year old Suzanne Pleshette starred in it in one of her very early acting roles.

Posts: 4840 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
... after neutralizing 3 attackers with around 8 rounds.

Had he been armed with a double barrel shotgun as Dementia Joe says is all you need, he would be dead. Pump shotgun, maybe, but I doubt he could have operated it fast enough, especially while on the ground with two attackers in succession. Semi-auto shotgun would be better than a pump, but he would have to be reloading shells on the fly or he would have been empty.

Smile Not to be argumentative or derail the thread, but to be argumentative at the risk of derailing the thread, if he had a semi-auto shotgun, (say, a Beretta 1301 with mag tube extension) he would only have needed 3 shots and would still have 5 more ready to administer. Smile

Posts: 15962 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post