SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

He will be acquitted and there will be no riots, no businesses burning, no looting.

Well, Antifa and BLM made threats contrary to that. I guess we'll find out in time if those threats were just that. Threats.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Maybe a few people marching in the streets chanting, “White Boys Matter” “White Boys Matter”.
That is all you will see, I guarantee it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

He will be acquitted and there will be no riots, no businesses burning, no looting.

Well, Antifa and BLM made threats contrary to that. I guess we'll find out in time if those threats were just that. Threats.
Just a thought. Have about twenty guys with AR's slung across they chests stand out in front of businesses. Assuming a non-guilty verdict or the judge dismissing the case (what I'm hoping for) the garbage should be a bit concerned that they can get popped without the shooter(s) going to jail. Short of that, I'd go back to my initial suggestion of owners hiring the Hell's Angels and Warlocks to protect the businesses. Those guys deal in pain as a currency and have not an ounce of compassion among them. They also would enjoy the 'interaction' with some of today's youth. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Just a thought. Have about twenty guys with AR's slung across they chests stand out in front of businesses. Assuming a non-guilty verdict or the judge dismissing the case (what I'm hoping for) the garbage should be a bit concerned that they can get popped without the shooter(s) going to jail. Short of that, I'd go back to my initial suggestion of owners hiring the Hell's Angels and Warlocks to protect the businesses. Those guys deal in pain as a currency and have not an ounce of compassion among them. They also would enjoy the 'interaction' with some of today's youth. Smile

I have a better idea. Instead of having some loose cannons guarding the fort, risking another shit show, how about the politicians let the police do there jobs this time?
The lack of law enforcement where they were clearly needed for days at a time, set up the environment where something like this was going to happen.
Now they are covering up for their incompetence by charging this guy.

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Watching the Used Car Salesmen testifying.
You may question their testimony, but no one would ever contest them being used car salesmen.

Sam starts at 1:00:00
Sal starts at 2:12:00 With Defense Attorney (This is almost painful to watch)

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can you tell us what you're referring to? That video is just shy of four hours.

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Can you tell us what you're referring to? That video is just shy of four hours.
Sorry, I was just slow finding the time stamp.

Sal starts at 2:12:00 With Defense Attorney (This is almost painful to watch)

Sam doesn’t know any of those defending his families business, but there he is pictured standing with all of them before the self defense shooting.

Sal the inventory manager doesn’t know how much inventory they lost, nor what they had for insurance.
More than $100,000?
Yes
More than $250,000?
I don’t know, my dad does the money.
They all live in the same house and later on we find out they lost $2,500,000

Prosecutors point was that they did not give permission for anyone to guard their property.
However, there is no way that anyone could find them believable, as they continued to appear to not know anything and mislead with every answer.

At the 1:37 mark the prosecutor questions whether or not Sam had any conversations with anyone regarding defending any of the Car Source locations.
Sam says No.
Then the Prosecutor shows him this text message that was sent to Sam’s phone.

The way they came across was as the typical stereotype we think of for used car salesmen.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I have a better idea. Instead of having some loose cannons guarding the fort, risking another shit show, how about the politicians let the police do there jobs this time?
The lack of law enforcement where they were clearly needed for days at a time, set up the environment where something like this was going to happen.
Love the idea, but you might as well wish for little green men to land and setup a perimeter. These politicians (and some police chiefs) are part of the problem and will never uphold the duties they've been entrusted with. As with virtually everything impacting this country today, government is the problem and 'We the people' are the solution.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I was never a litigator, so am wondering what the trial options are (motion to dismiss, directed verdict, etc) before the case gets to a jury and when do they arise?

I am no expert either.
It seems to me that after the prosecution rests, the defense can ask the judge to declare the trial over in favor of the defense citing something along the lines of the prosecution not proving their case. Not sure what it's called. Maybe summary judgement?

The jury could come back with a guilty verdict being frightened due to percieved real or imaginary threats or other fallout and then judge can void the guilty verdict. It would let the jury off the hook as it were.
I haven't seen that done often but it has happened a few times.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The way they came across was as the typical stereotype we think of for used car salesmen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually worse. Very SLIMY guy. I wonder if he calls elderly Americans to scam them in his spare time. Voice sounds East Indian.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
WATCH: George Floyd’s Nephew Makes Video Threatening Jurors if They Do Not Convict Kyle Rittenhouse

FTA - George Floyd’s nephew has posted a video threatening jurors if they do not convict Kyle Rittenhouse.

The deceased criminal’s nephew, Cortez Rice, claimed that he knows people who have been taking photos of the jurors at the courthouse.

“I ain’t even gonna name the people that I know that’s up in the Kenosha trial,” Rice said. “But it’s cameras in there. It’s definitely cameras up in there. There’s definitely people taking pictures of the juries and everything like that. We know what’s going on.”

Rice added, “so we need the same results, man.”...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8404 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Charge him and any accomplices with twelve counts of jury tampering (18 U.S. Code section 1503), and run sentences concurrently.

If there are any alternates, add each of them to the tally.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44068 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I believe there are 18 jurors at the moment. Jokes on him. The jury won't get this one.

Posts: 3558 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's not one of them "white supremacist or insurrectionists" that walked into the Capitol in January. They won't touch him.

Posts: 5767 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Charge him and any accomplices with twelve counts of jury tampering (18 U.S. Code section 1503), and run sentences concurrently.
YES! Except that consecutive sentences would be even better than concurrent.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30930 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah. What I intended, but I buggered it up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44068 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’m shocked that the defense didn’t tear into the car salesman.

Posts: 10002 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think he was satisfied that the members of the jury saw his slimy behavior. You do not want to look like a bully and engender sympathy for the guy.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prosecution has Grosskreutz on stand. Making him out to be a medical professional. I hope the defense quickly discredits the guy.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Will they show the jury that footage of Grosskreutz standing in the street and screaming racial epithets at a black police officer?

I ask because I not only think it discredits Grosskreutz as a medical professional but because it's high time it becomes established that Anqueefa are a bunch of suburban white kids who are out to do some crimes rather than concerned allies of some noble social cause.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post