SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

FBI Lost HD Video of Rittenhouse Shooting Showing Kyle Chased by Mob

Yeah, they "lost" it real good there. Roll Eyes

What a bunch of fools. Keystone Kops
The FBI lost nothing, and they aren't incompetent, they're totally corrupt. They've simply opted not to provide the video footage they have. Illegal? You bet your ass it is, but the FBI knows they are untouchable and will continue to do as they please.

And sigmonkey, with all due respect, the attorneys I've met across time care about 'winning'. If truth or justice is served as part of the process it's only coincidental.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Prosecutor is hitting him hard on Kyle saying he was an EMT.

Problem here is, a lifeguard claiming to be an EMT is not exactly a major crime.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
To what end? He didn't treat someone who croaked, he blasted a couple clowns. I fail to see how this is relevant to anything.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FBI lost nothing, and they aren't incompetent, they're totally corrupt.

Yup.

People who believe there is such a thing as a "good" Eff Bee Eye agent are the same people who believe they will become rich by breeding unicorns.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
To what end? He didn't treat someone who croaked, he blasted a couple clowns. I fail to see how this is relevant to anything.
Exactly.
The prosecutor has no evidence to support the actual charges.
This should have never made it to trial, charges should have been dismissed long ago.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And sigmonkey, with all due respect, the attorneys I've met across time care about 'winning'. If truth or justice is served as part of the process it's only coincidental.

Good point - if attorneys actually cared about truth or justice you wouldn't be able to drive a mile without seeing a prison.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only did they charge Kyle unjustly, they aren't even prosecuting the one-armed-man for:

Assault with a deadly weapon
Attempted murder
Rioting

He had zero justification under any concealed carry or self-defense law to engage a fleeing "suspect" who was not an immediate threat regardless of what the "suspect" allegedly did before hand.

All of us here know that we cannot chase a fleeing suspect and shoot them.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:...

Yeah, it's what I said. Our system was and is designed as good as can be, but the people that run the machine, are a whole 'nother discussion.

Green Eggs and Ham.

Easier to say, than trying to lay out all the sausage making... (see my tagline)

I do know a few attorneys and judges, and they do the best they can considering the far departure from the premise of the system set by the founders.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Not only did they charge Kyle unjustly, they aren't even prosecuting the one-armed-man for:

Attempted murder
Rioting

He had zero justification under any concealed carry or self-defense law to engage a fleeing "suspect" who was not an immediate threat regardless of what the "suspect" allegedly did before hand.

Very well put. Ole Lefty is damn lucky Kyle's aim was impaired. Shame actually.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Attempted murder
Rioting

Very well put. Ole Lefty is damn lucky Kyle's aim was impaired. Shame actually.

It's mind boggling why he hasn't been arrested... To say that the video he provided is important enough to ignore his actions is an affront on common sense.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
He's also a convicted felon.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
at what point can the judge tell everyone that they've utterly failed and that he is dismissing the case with prejudice

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live feed of trial. It is kind of a snoozer at present with Prosecution witness.

https://wgntv.com/news/watch-l...t-rittenhouse-trial/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I've tried to follow the trial, but I must be missing the part where the prosecution offered evidence that Kyle started the fight.

Isn't that the prosecution's key point? That Kyle lost the right to self-defense since he allegedly started the confrontation?

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
After the prosecution rests I would expect a motion for dismissal based on lack any actual case by the prosecution.

Do you expect the judge to grant it? Doesn't every defense attorney make this motion?

Not always. Often the case is clearly just going to the jury, which is true in a lot of self defense cases where the "violent" act isn't contested. But where the prosecutor overcharged and can't prove (or hasn't provided evidence supporting) a required mental state, I could see it argued even though the act isn't contested.

Many attorneys will make the motion so they don’t waive the issue on appeal or catch a malpractice suit, rather than based on any expectation it will be granted.

Absolutely true. And it's like the lottery, you can't win if you don't at least try. I just have been in trials where I want the jury to hear ASAP the other side rather than argue a motion I know I'm going to lose.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

People who believe there is such a thing as a "good" Eff Bee Eye agent are the same people who believe they will become rich by breeding unicorns.

I think you're painting with a broad brush, and unfairly. Its not the agents who are corrupt, its the administration. There are a whole bunch of agents who do their jobs well. They don't hide evidence or lose tapes. Those in administrative positions pull that kind of shit. If you can't see the difference, you're a fool.

I'd offer that there are a bunch of good agents, just not Washington based political operatives. The fact that some are interested in corrupting our law enforcement system from the higher levels isn't an indictment of individual field agents, which you seem to want to do.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Ugh, after reviewing the evidence I've changed my mind about the motion to dismiss. What a shitshow. Normally I hate watching trials, but this one is getting enough attention I'll need to address it with jurors I have during voir dire so I need some information, and then going over this thread got me more interested.

In Washington, if there is a self-defense verdict (something that can't be directed by the judge at the close of the State's case) the defendant gets all costs (effectively is made whole as if the charge wasn't filed) paid for by the State. Only in WI is similar would I not put in for the motion to dismiss at halftime.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So far the witnesses have all been called by the prosecution (Atty. Binger)so they should be the one's most likely to support the guilt of the accused.
The testimony from them, even to the prosecutors own questions, have mostly done the opposite.
The best of Binger's witnesses have offered have been a lot of background info that really doesn't say much more than general info about the environment that night.
Basically, they didn't harm the prosecution case but didn't help it either. Even then, the few tidbits that are relevant are all helpful for the defense.
If this were some sort of sporting contest instead of a trial with a potential life sentence, you'd be feeling pity at this point for Binger.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prosecuting attorney has some annoying personal habits. Very unlikeable guy.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-towards-me-n2598638

Prosecution Witness in Kyle Rittenhouse Trial: 'Blabbering Idiot' Rosenbaum Was Being Aggressive Towards Me

Jason Lackowski, who served as a rifleman in the Marine Corps, testified on Friday he had also encountered Joseph Rosenbaum on the night of August 25, 2020, prior to him being shot by Kyle Rittenhouse after chasing him and lunging for his AR-15.

Lackowski, who was called up to the stand by the prosecution, said he was in Kenosha as part of the armed group who had come to town to protect private property from further damage. Lackowski was armed with an AR-15 and a knife, along with some less-than-lethal ordinance. Over the course of the night, Lackowski said he helped put out numerous fires that were being set by rioters.

Lackowski met Rittenhouse for the first time that night and assumed Rittenhouse was at least 18 since Rittenhouse said he was an EMT and was also carrying an AR-15. When Lackowski first encountered Rosenbaum, it was after police had pushed the crowd of rioters away from the Kenosha County Courthouse and down Sheridan Road.

Lackowski testified Rosenbaum was trying to provoke a reaction out of him by pretending to step forward in a quick manner and then quickly stepping back while telling others in the armed group to shoot him. While Lackowski said he considered Rosenbaum to be a "blabbering idiot," he did not consider Rosenbaum to be a threat.

Lackowski was up the street on Sheridan Road when the shootings took place. When Rittenhouse passed by him, Lackowski told him to run towards the police. Lackowski attempted to follow Rittenhouse at a distance but stopped when he heard gunfire from behind him. He turned around to assess where the gunfire was coming from but turned around again since he heard more gunfire behind him.

Upon cross-examination from the defense, Lackowski said he did not see Rittenhouse being aggressive toward anyone. He said he found the handgun Gaige Grosskreutz had in his hand when Rittenhouse shot him as Grosskreutz was bringing the handgun towards Rittenhouse. Lackowski emptied the magazine from the gun. Defense asked if there was a bullet in the chamber when he racked back the slide. Lackowski said yes.

Lackowski's testimony comes a day after Ryan Balch, an Army veteran who was also a state prosecution witness, told the court Rosenbaum told him and Rittenhouse, "If I catch any of you guys alone tonight I’m going to f*cking kill you!"

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post