SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
This is ridiculous that it's taking this long to get a unanimous verdict. No one needed any lawyer to tell them what they can see with their own eyes. No one needed Grosskreutz to admit Kyle shot him after he pointed his gun at Kyle. I'm losing more and more confidence as this goes on.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
This is ridiculous that it's taking this long to get a unanimous verdict. No one needed any lawyer to tell them what they can see with their own eyes. No one needed Grosskreutz to admit Kyle shot him after he pointed his gun at Kyle. I'm losing more and more confidence as this goes on.

Clearly not gonna be unanimous.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I really crave encouragement here.

Year V

posted Hide Post
Looks like a hung jury. Curious to see how long deliberations will continue.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Poor Kyle.

Year V

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I really crave encouragement here.

As misplaced as this sentiment may be, I’m really hoping the judge pulls this out in the correct way so that justice prevails.

Dismissal with prejudice works just fine for me.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Looks like a hung jury. Curious to see how long deliberations will continue.

Looks like his attorneys suck from the commentary on Rekieta.They are saying they majorly dropped the ball by not pushing a mistrial with prejudice harder today.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The ADA/prosecutor are lying sacks of shit - not representing justice. They are political hacks who should be fired.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
How many charges are they deciding on, 6-8? I’ve never made it past the thank you for showing up stage, but how long should they take on each charge? I would guess getting input from 12 different people and coming to a consensus takes time. For example, for my wife and her two sisters, deciding what to have for lunch begins before breakfast.

Posts: 11176 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What an absolute CLOWN SHOW this prosecutor and his sidekick are Roll Eyes

Posts: 34089 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
For example, for my wife and her two sisters, deciding what to have for lunch begins before breakfast.

This is completely different. Did anyone here have any doubt about this case when we first saw the videos in August 2020?

Year V

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
How many charges are they deciding on, 6-8? I’ve never made it past the thank you for showing up stage, but how long should they take on each charge? I would guess getting input from 12 different people and coming to a consensus takes time. For example, for my wife and her two sisters, deciding what to have for lunch begins before breakfast.

Five felony charges.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Apparently the prosecution has no idea how video could possibly be compressed, but a screenshot shows he has a video compression app on his laptop.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A considerable amount has been written about Juries. Every attorney I know is fascinated with the process and trying to figure out how to influence it. There are even mock juries to see what arguments are effective. There is a lot to deliberate here. Those that have not seen the film Twelve Angry Men should view it.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
My Dad's old firm used to be an auto insurance co with drive up adjusting. It had a rather large garage attached to the building.
They converted it to a private courtroom.
They did mock trials, attorney training and mock juries in it. They also did private trials, think 2 big wigs getting divorced but don't want made public their comments and financials.

I expect this to take at least another day before they claim hung jury, then the judge may make them go back at it.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5144 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This situation is getting crazy. I worked as a paralegal at a prosecutor's office for 4.5 years. I know each state has different laws, but we had to redact personally identifiable information regarding victims (and their immediate family) and had to keep digital evidence in original format the way we received it from the police. If something absolutely had to be converted, we had to disclose what conversion had been made and make BOTH versions available to defense.

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is not realistic in today's world.

posted Hide Post
No it's not - that issue came up a lot in regards to video surveillance footage (store footage) in particular. I remember one case where the format was in some old video format that hadn't been common since the late 1980s/early 1990s in the lowest quality black and white I think I've ever seen. But rather than compress it, they should've thrown it on a blu-ray disc which probably would've been large enough rather than compress or fiddle with it.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Whatever. It did not take them long to ID jumpkick man. The FBI has drone footage of pretty much everything. It would not be difficult to ID most everyone. There is little to NO privacy in this world.

posted Hide Post
Oh - I apologize, yes I agree with you there. Most of the states have a "Victim's Bill of Rights" which requires the removal/protection of victim PII in order to protect them from intimidation, retaliation, and their privacy (in high profile cases like this one). But I 100% agree with you that it's very easy to find anyone nowadays!