SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Here is a question. If a company can require you to take an experimental poke for C19, what stops them from demanding all your vaccination records and mandating dozens of other vaccinations? Same thing for restaurants and entertainment venues?

Only non-compliance and market forces. Don’t participate. Frequent the businesses that are pro-freedom.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
So now its not the Government being tyrannical - its both private and publicly traded companies that are.

Here is a question. If a company can require you to take an experimental poke for C19, what stops them from demanding all your vaccination records and mandating dozens of other vaccinations? Same thing for restaurants and entertainment venues?

It's a requirement as a condition or your employment or access to the venues. They can't actually require you to do anything. At the same time, I think it's complete BS for them to put us in a position of choosing what we want to give up.

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's media and Democrats...they can't let the power go. Private business would be foolish to take on the expense and liability of permanently battling the equivalent of the common cold. The hysteria will slowly abate. Some virtue signaling entities will proceed with the worker vaccine silliness, but they will regret the decision. The country will turn the corner...the proof is in Saggy Diaper's poll numbers.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have an actual link to SCOTUS majority and minority opinions?

I've come up empty despite googling, reading a dozen articles, checking SCOTUS site, checking Findlaw site.

I'd really like to read the healthcare opinions in their own words and not filtered by some dumbass reporter.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23093 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
https://www.supremecourt.gov/o...1pdf/21a240_d18e.pdf
Read them for yourself.

IMO, Clarence Thomas makes the most sense.
Unfortunately, he was one vote short of a majority. If only Kavanaugh ...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The SC decision is only regarding the osha mandate, correct; snd healthcare industry. Decision is still pending on fed contractor mandate?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12680 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Good luck with your Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion. It worked very well for my wife.

Didn't do diddly for mine. Leastwise, not as far as we could tell. But they weren't able to schedule her until she was at the very end of the 10-day window.

My wife got the infusion 2 1/2 days after testing positive, the effects were nothing short of amazing. The sooner one gets it the better, is what we were told.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Question for all those that had Covid and lost your sense of taste and smell - how long until that returned?

I'm pretty certain I had a bout of omicron on New Year's Day, was fine after a few days but I lost my sense of taste and smell on Jan 4th, 4 days after I first had it and it's not come back yet.

I've had colds where this happened and it was a few days long but now at 10+ days I'm starting to get a little concerned. Frown

Posts: 33578 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The OG Rona got me about a year ago, took about three months for my sense of smell came back properly

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
3 months seems about right for me as well.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Question for all those that had Covid and lost your sense of taste and smell - how long until that returned?

I never lost mine entirely, but I lost a good bit of both.

I was pretty much mostly over the Wu Flu in about two weeks. I'd say most of my taste and smell returned a week later.

It was about a month ago I had my first symptoms. I think I'm now 100% - or very close.

My wife first experienced symptoms about five days after me. She almost entirely lost her senses of taste and smell. She was affected by Covid-19 much more severely than I. (In fact we were both worried she might not make it, a couple times.) She reported a couple days ago that most of her senses of taste and smell have returned.

quote:
I've had colds where this happened and it was a few days long but now at 10+ days I'm starting to get a little concerned. Frown

What we've both experienced with head colds was essentially the same as what you would if you pinched your nose shut. What we experienced we Covid-19 was much different than what we ever experienced with head colds. Not even close.

Different people are affected differently. Some people have reported it's been up to months before their senses of taste and smell returned. Others have been more like my wife and me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the cause was, but I lost taste/smell for a couple of months last year. If covid, then definitely more than 2-3 weeks.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12680 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm pretty certain I had a bout of omicron on New Year's Day, was fine after a few days but I lost my sense of taste and smell on Jan 4th, 4 days after I first had it and it's not come back yet.

I got it in Sep 21. Still can’t smell or taste…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Booster Bust: Medical Establishment Changes Its Mind
By Vasko Kohlmayer

There is a tectonic shift underway in the medico-scientific establishment: they are starting to walk back boosters.

The first indication of this dramatic change of attitude came from the United Kingdom last week.

On January 7, Reuters ran a wire titled UK Says 4th COVID Jabs Not Needed for Now As Booster Effect Lasts. That piece featured the following sentence in its opening paragraph: “there is no need for now for people to have a fourth shot, British health officials said on Friday.”

Three days later, the UK Mirror published a piece titled What Is 'Living With Covid'? Boris Johnson Drawing Up Plans 'To Be Rolled Out In March. The article quoted Dr. Clive Dix, the former head of the UK’s vaccine task force, who said:

"It is pointless keeping giving more and more vaccines to people who are not going to get very ill. We should just let them get ill and deal with that."

A mere day later, Bloomberg put out an article titled Repeat Booster Shots Spur European Warning on Immune-System Risks. The piece opened as follows:

European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system and may not be feasible. Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency.

The piece goes on to quote Marco Cavaleri, the Head of Biological Health Threats and Vaccines Strategy at the European Medicines Agency (EMA), who said that boosters “can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly.”

Cavaleri then went on to say something we had not yet heard from a high-level public health official:

“We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

Around the same time, the World Health Organization (WHO) put out a statement which included this astounding sentence:

“[A] vaccination strategy based on repeated booster doses of the original vaccine composition is unlikely to be appropriate or sustainable.”

This was a truly startling development since until a week before medical authorities world over were speaking about the need for the fourth (and even subsequent) shots. In fact, some countries like Britain and Israel have already started their administration.

This sudden change of course indicates that there is something in the data that has the powers that be seriously worried. When it came to the Covid vaccines, the medical authorities have displayed an astonishing level of tolerance for side effects and collateral damage. So much so that they were even willing to let some children die unnecessarily for the sake of their vaccine agenda.

Their abrupt reversal indicates that they must have recognized that there is something very dangerous in dealing out successive doses of the vaccines. Publicly admitting that “frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system,” very likely means that the injections have already damaged many people’s health.

That Covid jabs may undermine the immune system has been glaringly indicated by the rise of Omicron. It has been observed that the vaccines have “negative efficacy” vis-à-vis this strain, which means that the vaccinated and boostered are getting infected at higher rates than the unvaccinated. In Ontario, for example, the vaccinated get Omicron at three times the rate of their unvaccinated counterparts.

Why would this be? The obvious explanation is that the vaccines weaken their recipients’ immune defenses and hence they are more prone to getting infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

The vaccinators were defending this debacle by claiming that even though the vaccinated are succumbing to infection, they are not dying at high rates. But this is not due to the vaccines but to the fact that Omicron appears to be less virulent than its predecessors because the death rate among the unvaccinated is also low. Omicron has been so mild that in South Africa, where this variant seems to have originated and where it quickly infected a large portion of the population – most of which is unvaccinated – the Covid mortality dropped.

But it is not only SARS-CoV-2 that the vaccinated are vulnerable to. They seem to be prone to all kinds of viruses and infections. There have been many reports of the vaccinated being unable to shake off colds and flu.

Last week it was reported that EU Parliament president David Sassoli died due to serious immune system dysfunction. Sassoli was an ardent advocate of Covid passports, and it is almost certain that he was vaccinated and boostered. One cannot but think that this may have something to do with his demise – although if it does, the authorities will never admit this.

A weakened immune system, however, is not the only adverse side effect of these inadequately tested experimental injections. Blood clots, cardiac arrest, neurological problems are among some of the other serious reported side effects of the Covid shots.

As the evidence has been accumulating about just how harmful and dangerous the Covid injections may be, the authorities tried their best to sweep it under the rug and pretend that everything was fine. But now the critical mass has been apparently reached and the establishment has realized that successive boosters are simply too dangerous to tolerate. Hence their change of mind.

This means that the dark era of forced boostering is coming to a close. It may take some time for the booster machine to stop grinding but its days are numbered.

The booster has been busted.

It was about time.

https://www.americanthinker.co...hanges_its_mind.html

-rduckwor

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think I got it on Dec 21. Not conclusive but all the symptoms. I still don't feel completely over it and no taste or smell back yet for me.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38583 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I “think” I “may” have had “it”, but I haven’t been tested, and really don’t care.

Right around Christmas I had THE WORST headache I have ever had in my 58 years on this rock. I never had a migraine, but Mrs. E tells me my symptoms were similar. I could not function. I had all I could do to lay in bed and not puke. That went on for about a day. Then I was absolutely exhausted for about another 3-4 days.

*Then*

I developed the strangest thing. I lost my normal sense of taste and smell. What replaced it is...well...disgusting. I can only describe it as raw sewage. It’s akin to walking over a city manhole cover on a 95F day and being overcome by that sour, bitter, putrid smell of decaying human waste.

Sometimes it’s there all the time. Other times I have a neutral or more aptly described “absent of any” smell. The other morning I made a pot of coffee. When I opened the bag, I momentarily smelled the coffee. Then...mid sniff...it was replaced by the sewage smell. The whole thing is bizarre. The past few days, I seems that the “normal-to-poop” ratio is leaning towards the “normal”. I’m smelling more “normal everyday things” and the “poop”...while still there...seems to be less frequent than it was.

Very...very...weird.

Good luck.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Covid isn't the only cause of phantosmia...might be wise to consult a physician.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Covid is a weird, cruel and unpredictable disease.

Late last night I noticed flashing red and blue lights through my window. I looked out and saw an ambulance and a fire truck.

I saw my neighbor in the yard awhile ago and asked him if they were ok. He said yes, but the ambulance was for the neighbor across the street. Turns out they had been diagnosed with Covid already but had become worse and the husband could not breath, so they called 911. He got hauled off to the ER and has been admitted. I hope he recovers ok.

Ironically, my next door neighbor told me that at Christmas they all, the entire family, had come down with covid, except for his elderly Mother (Age in her mid 80's) never did get the Covid. They are all much better now.

Covid is a weird disease. You can generalize how it affects people but you really can't be accurate with it. It just affects people differently.

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I can't wait till they switch stances on vaccines and living with endemic COVID. I want to watch the people who worship at the idols of COVID and fed.gov get their dogma blown to pieces. Some will cling to their masks, vaccines, and distancing, some will somehow attribute it to Biden. The excuses, backpedaling, justifying, and cognitive dissonance will be fucking epic.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Covid is a weird, cruel and unpredictable disease.

Late last night I noticed flashing red and blue lights through my window. I looked out and saw an ambulance and a fire truck.

I saw my neighbor in the yard awhile ago and asked him if they were ok. He said yes, but the ambulance was for the neighbor across the street. Turns out they had been diagnosed with Covid already but had become worse and the husband could not breath, so they called 911. He got hauled off to the ER and has been admitted. I hope he recovers ok.

Ironically, my next door neighbor told me that at Christmas they all, the entire family, had come down with covid, except for his elderly Mother (Age in her mid 80's) never did get the Covid. They are all much better now.

Covid is a weird disease. You can generalize how it affects people but you really can't be accurate with it. It just affects people differently.

I hope your neighbor recovers and is healthy soon. It’s not just Covid that affects people differently, Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD, CHF, Pneumonia, Influenza, Diabetes and the list go on for every malady known to man. Some people can have minor almost unremarkable experiences others can die, most of the above have a higher lethality than Covid. Sad how the world is imploding over this.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post