SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For you folks in PA., looks like some cracks are appearing in the dam. A coroner has come out and stated that the deaths are inflated. I know...big surprise, right? But at least someone is admitting it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...iLX2?ocid=spartanntp

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^ Don’t worry, he’ll just ignore your facts and wait for another drive-by opportunity. He’s just as Rush describes the liberal media. Just like them.
Let's cease with talking about members as if they aren't here, please.

Posts: 107236 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
For you folks in PA., looks like some cracks are appearing in the dam. A coroner has come out and stated that the deaths are inflated. I know...big surprise, right? But at least someone is admitting it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...iLX2?ocid=spartanntp

Good! The fight has only begun against the criminal duo of King Wolf and Shemale Levine. Mad

King Wolf just vetoed bills from the PA Assembly that would have allowed car dealers, hair dressers and realtors to begin working again. I’ve had enough and contacted the Justice Dept with this message:

We desperately need AG Barr to begin investigation proceedings against Governor Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania who seems intent on strangling all small businesses in the state and keeping PA locked down right until after the 11/3/20 Presidential Election. In many ways we are beginning to resemble the old East Germany and not one of the original 13 Colonies who threw off the one-man rule of King George III. Please help us before it is too late!

Posts: 33579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Loved seeing this today on FB:

Posts: 33579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breakthrough South Korean Study Finds Recovered COVID Patients Who Test Positive Aren't Infectious

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...-test-positive-arent

In what appears to be yet another strike against public officials like LA County's Barbara Ferrer - that is, Democrats and others who insist that lockdowns should continue perhaps until a vaccine has been discovered and that police should punish anyone who dares violate these orders - a study from the Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has found that patients who test positive for COVID-19 after recovering from the illness appear to be shedding dead copies of the virus.

That would suggest that these patients are not infectious, the scientists said, which helped dispel fears that some patients can remain infectious for months after being infected. While the study doesn't answer every question about the virus's longevity - such as patients who almost appear to have developed a "chronic" form of the illness because their symptoms have persisted for so long.

But still, the finding was greeted as a major relief, and, if anything, should encourage economies to reopen more quickly, as a potential trigger for reinfection that had panicked some experts appears to be a non-issue.

The research also undermines the reliability of 'antibody' tests like the ones NY Gov Andrew Cuomo insisted would be 'critical' for NY's reopening.

The results mean health authorities in South Korea will no longer consider people infectious after recovering from the illness. Research last month showed that so-called PCR tests for the coronavirus’s nucleic acid can’t distinguish between dead and viable virus particles, potentially giving the wrong impression that someone who tests positive for the virus remains infectious.

The research may also aid in the debate over antibody tests, which look for markers in the blood that indicate exposure to the novel coronavirus. Experts believe antibodies probably convey some level of protection against the virus, but they don’t have any solid proof yet. Nor do they know how long any immunity may last.

A recent study in Singapore showed that recovered patients from severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, are found to have “significant levels of neutralizing antibodies” nine to 17 years after initial infection, according to researchers including Danielle E. Anderson of Duke-NUS Medical School.

Other scientists have found higher levels of IgM, an antibody that appears in response to exposure to an antigen, in children, according to an article published on medRxiv. That suggests younger populations have the potential to produce a more potent defense against Covid-19. The study has not been certified by peer review.

Bloomberg offers a succinct review of some of the research into the infectious qualities of the virus, and the efficacy of antibodies in keeping patients safe from reinfection. As BBG shows, studies of SARS, which is related to the virus that causes COVID-19, suggest that antibodies keep patients safe for years, undermining warnings about a possible second wave, or worries that the virus might become endemic, which were recently raised by the WHO.

The research may also aid in the debate over antibody tests, which look for markers in the blood that indicate exposure to the novel coronavirus. Experts believe antibodies probably convey some level of protection against the virus, but they don’t have any solid proof yet.

Nor do they know how long any immunity may last.

A recent study in Singapore showed that recovered patients from severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, are found to have "significant levels of neutralizing antibodies" nine to 17 years after initial infection, according to researchers including Danielle E. Anderson of Duke-NUS Medical School.

Other scientists have found higher levels of IgM, an antibody that appears in response to exposure to an antigen, in children, according to an article published on medRxiv. That suggests younger populations have the potential to produce a more potent defense against Covid-19. The study has not been certified by peer review.

The study's findings are apparently convincing enough for South Korean health authorities to no longer require patients to be re-tested after they've recovered from COVID-19 and all symptoms have subsided.

As a result of the findings in the South Korea study, authorities said that under revised protocols, people should no longer be required to test negative for the virus before returning to work or school after they have recovered from their illness and completed their period of isolation.

"Under the new protocols, no additional tests are required for cases that have been discharged from isolation," the Korean CDC said in a report. The agency said it will now refer to “re-positive” cases as "PCR re-detected after discharge from isolation."

Some coronavirus patients have tested positive again for the virus up to 82 days after becoming infected. Almost all of the cases for which blood tests were taken had antibodies against the virus.

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Regarding PDJT taking HCQ:

https://twitter.com/joelpollak.../1262495922396622848

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is what a restaurant in Berwyn, PA, just outside of Philly, posted this week about how his “new normal” is going to be when he’s finally allowed to re-open which is months and months off yet knowing our state.

People thought this was some sort of satire but the owner is dead serious, he’s insisting this is how it’s going to be for a long time to keep Gov Wolf’s goons off his back. I say why bother with this? People aren’t interested in something this surreal and 1984-esque and I predict he ends up closing:

quote:

I hope all is well in these crazy times. I wanted to reach out to let you know what we are up to at 30 MAIN. We are almost ready to open when permitted. The new normal wont be so normal but can be safe for business customers. We want to be ahead of the curve. I have attached some photos and when everything is complete will be happy to walk you through.
UVC Lights and Infrared Thermometers at Employee & Customer Entrance
Room dividers to create private dining
Special hours for seniors 2pm-5pm
UVC lights in bathroom hallways and a secondary sanitation station for silverware ect
Extra staff specifically to sanitize each table
Touchless ordering through an ordering app
Removed Tables expanded footprint to outside and second floor.
UVC ventilation systems
Auto Hand Sanitizers at every entrance
Automatic Paper towel Rolls
Touchless door openers
Private Dining Cabanas outside. No need to come in at all.

When you walk in through a purple UVC lit entrance, you will be asked to look at the wall to take your temperature. After entry you will be asked to answer some questions preferably at the time of reservation.
Did you quarantine for 14 days?
Have you left the state?
Have you been in contact with anyone that has or had covid 19?

Everyone will have to answer or not be permitted. If you are not wearing a mask you will not be permitted, Once seated you will be permitted to remove the mask.

You will be seated by a hostess wearing a mask and gloves. Asked if you would like to download the ordering app or disposable menu. You will be sitting at an empty table. No silverware, salt and pepper shakers, nothing. The table and chairs will have been completely wiped and sanitized.

Your server will guide you through the process of ordering. A busser with mask and gloves will drop off wrapped utensils and uvc treated napkins. Plates will be delivered by cart with plate covers.

If a customer requires use of the facilites, We ask they put a mask back on. They will walk through a uvc treated area this keeps the door handles automatically sanitized. Leaving the bathrooms, they can simply use the toe pull instead of the handel. Automatic paper towel dispensers and hand sanitizer in the hall way after they leave.

Once finished your table will be sanitized again and left empty for a min of 15 minutes.

To make up for lost space we have moved tables to the second floor. (Currently under construction) or you may reserve one of our outdoor dining cabanas. We already have dining requests and cannot accommodate until permitted.

While we have been renovating and making everything safe. We have hired more staff than we had and are pushing forward with a new menu while pushing to make the dining experience, safe and exciting.

With 2 floors and the outside seating we just might be able to seat enough people safely to make it work. While some might think we are fortunate to have so much space and we are. This is only due to complete loss of our private event business.

We remain optimistic and look forward to seeing everyone soon. We are currently providing online ordering, Wine, Beer, Family Style Meals and with a little help from governor wolf to go cocktails.If he ever signs what the house and senate approved.

Our crabcakes, fresh pasta, homemade lasagna by mom, are just a few of the favorites.

Mike DIDomenico
30 MAIN
660 Lancaster Avenue
Berwyn, PA

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the owner, especially since he's trying so hard, but I would not be the least bit interested in dining out under those conditions.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This is what a restaurant in Berwyn, PA, just outside of Philly, posted this week about how his “new normal” is going to be when he’s finally allowed to re-open which is months and months off yet knowing our state.

People thought this was some sort of satire but the owner is dead serious, he’s insisting this is how it’s going to be for a long time to keep Gov Wolf’s goons off his back. I say why bother with this? People aren’t interested in something this surreal and 1984-esque and I predict he ends up closing:
He had better have one hell of a product that people can't get anywhere else, otherwise, he just spent a lot of time and money in a "Going out of business" effort.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A guy could make a good living selling VR goggles and offering virtual reality of eating in a room full of people and sell them to restaurant owners.

Hell, the restaurant owners could have their own VR program where they are sitting at a table staring at extreme piles of cash.

You know, while all the pretending and make belive is in style...

Rule of Acquisition #286
-ferengimonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So for the restaurant using UVC, is he planning on using it on his patrons? He mentions using at the entrance and in the bathroom hallways. Isn't UVC dangerous to humans? Also can damage eyesight if I remember correctly if looked at directly.

I know short skin exposure would not be a big deal, but knowingly subjecting people to a known cancer causing agent can't be too smart. Some people hunt for a reason to sue. Long term exposure on his servers and hostess's might be a more pressing concern.

Not a Dr. or pretend to be an expert, so could very well be wrong.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1104 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that ain't a winning business model. Can you imagine taking your wife or date out for a nice meal and being subjected to that? I have to wonder how long this fear will permeate society.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Come on guys, if it saves one life Roll Eyes

/sarc

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like I'll continue to eat at his competition next door, if we ever get to eat out again. Frankie's Fellini cafe it is, then!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brentwood Couple in Critical Condition After Man Angry About COVID-19 Shutdown Allegedly Attacks Them With Machete

https://tennesseestar.com/2020...s-them-with-machete/

A homeless man who allegedly and repeatedly struck a married Brentwood couple with a machete Sunday said the COVID-19 shutdowns prompted him to lash out and attack the two individuals.

Officials at the Nashville Rescue Mission also infuriated the man, Kelvin D. Edwards, 35, (pictured above) when they turned him away from their facility.

This, according to a statement Nashville officials put out Monday.

Authorities charged Edwards with two counts of attempted murder for what they call an “unprovoked and random machete attack” Sunday as the husband and wife waited at the office of a storage facility on Fifth Avenue South.

Edwards is a convicted felon, according to the statement.

Nashville Rescue Mission spokeswoman Cheryl Chunn told The Tennessee Star Monday that facility operators rejected Edwards for a reason.

“All guests that are requesting a bed are expected to have a COVID-19 test done before entering. He was not part of the original 400 people tested in March. Because he was not, we need to have all guests be tested, and we asked him to do so. The testing is being done at Nissan Stadium, and we directed him there,” Chunn said in an email.

“If and when he got the test, he could come back to the Mission with the slip stating that he received a test. He would have been given a bed ticket in a dorm with other guests awaiting the results of the test. This is standard procedure during this pandemic. We have 400 or more men here and cannot risk someone coming in without knowing if they are positive for COVID or not.”

Chunn said the Mission accepts all people who come there, unless they are “of harm to themselves or others.”

“We do not do background checks at the Men’s campus and therefore have no idea about their criminal record,” Chunn said.

“In fact, he has been a guest with us in the past.”

Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron told The Star the following in an emailed statement Monday night:

The victims are recovering from their very serious wounds inflicted by the 18-inch blade machete. Edwards is being held in the Metro Jail without bond.

According to the press release, Edwards entered the office and, without warning, repeatedly struck the victims with his machete, even after they were on the floor badly bleeding. Authorities sent the two victims, Kevin Craft, 55, and Leanne Craft, 50, to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Six MNPD officers used their special training in trauma care to apply multiple tourniquets to the victims in an effort to control the bleeding and save their lives.

“The investigation, which is being led by Detective Brent Fisher, shows that Edwards, who is homeless, had a bin at Public Storage, which apparently contained the machete. In an interview with Detective Fisher, Edwards spoke of his anger over the COVID-19 shutdowns and his inability to get into the Rescue Mission,” the press release said.

“It appears Edwards retrieved the machete from his bin and explained that he decided to demonstrate his anger in the violent attack on the Crafts, who he did not know. The Emergency Communications Center received a 911 call about the attack at 2:47 p.m. Officer Phillip Claibourne was on the scene quickly and had Edwards in custody at 2:50 p.m. After the attack, Edwards walked out of the storage facility, threw the machete down, and stood in the street raising his hands as the siren of Officer Claibourne’s approaching police car got louder.”

Edwards, who on Sunday carried an Arkansas driver license with a Little Rock address, has been in Nashville since at least 2016, the year of his first arrests here. He was convicted of felony vandalism in 2017 and, while in jail, was charged with deliberately spitting on two Davidson County Sheriff’s deputies. They prosecuted him on two counts of assault. He was convicted on both charges, the press release said.

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surgeons wear masks and gloves to protect the patient from airborne spittle and from contaminants that may be on their hands even after washing (and flakes of skin maybe?). Once scrubbed in, the surgeon does not touch anything but sterile instruments, does not touch his face or mask, and the gloves and mask are removed when he leaves the OR.

I remember as a kid doctors and dentists didn't wear gloves, just washed their hands before contacting the patient. The AIDS scare changed that with gloves becoming common. But the most likely risk to a medical worker is stabbing themselves with a contained sharp that goes right through the glove. Gloves are changed for every patient and disposed of in a controlled manner (biohazard trash).

Contrast this with the general public's use of masks and gloves. As others said, people still touch things and then their eyes and face with gloved hands. Masks are and gloves are worn all day and reused. And I'm guessing they are not removed and disposed of in a manner that would prevent contact with any contamination on the outer surface. It's all theater, people don't have a clue how to properly use any of this stuff. And people don't get this from walking past someone for a few seconds, it takes sustained close contact for a several minutes at least.

Is there some marginal benefit if you are infectious? Possibly, but if you're coughing and sneezing then you really should be staying at home.

Surgical mask wearing in east Asia is somewhat common, in China partially due to pollution, but also (esp. in Japan) to avoid infecting others if you are sick because the population is dense and most people have to use public transportation. And if you've been on the subway during rush hour in Tokyo or Beijing, you are in contact, literally, with others passengers. It is so packed you have to plan your move to the door about two stops ahead or you won't make it when the train stops at your intended stop.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turned on CNN for a little while today and wow they are just non-stop talking about hydroxychloroquine and Trump taking it like it's some kind of experimental cocktail drug that's never been used.

It's been around for a long time and it's commonly used to prevent Malaria and for Lupas without major issues. Yes there are side effects, but look at any prescription drug and read the list of potential side effects, including the rare but severe ones for which you should immediately stop taking the drug. ALL drugs have warnings, and many sound bad (especially on TV commercials), but this is not out of the ordinary.

Then they kept referencing the studies that showed it did not help, except they neglected to say that the VA study was with severely ill terminal patients as kind of a hail Mary play. The doctors who have reported success with hydroxycholoroquine all say the same thing - use it early before the patient gets severely ill, and use in combination with zinc and azythromicin or it doesn't work. You have to use it early because it is believed to prevent hemoglobin from irreparably losing it's iron thus putting the patient into oxygen starvation. And the studies that show no effect? Yep, no zinc either.

And they cited FDA statements that it hasn't been proven to treat this virus. Well of course the FDA legally has to say that because it has not gone through FDA approved double blind testing, which takes years. And Trump is encouraging people to "steal" the drug from people that need it for Lupas.

There will be no drug treatment for this until we get something that was created with money from a leftist billionaire - and certainly not until after the election.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30 MAIN should just change their name to 'Closed due to Stupidity'.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Restrictions for the State of Alaska to be lifted Friday. Governor stating it's individuals responsibility and not the state's to maintain caution. As usual, the Mayor of Anchorage has nothing definitive to say except that he doesn't;t agree with the governor.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-new...a-businesses-friday/

Gov. Dunleavy to lift most coronavirus restrictions on Alaska businesses Friday
pencil Author: Aubrey Wieber, Morgan Krakow clock Updated: 2 hours ago calendar Published 5 hours ago

Alaska will fully reopen its economy on Friday at 8 a.m., Gov. Mike Dunleavy announced Tuesday evening.

Bars, restaurants, gyms, retail stores and all other businesses will be able to open ahead of the Memorial Day weekend without any capacity restrictions imposed by the state.

“It will all be open, just like it was prior to the virus," Dunleavy said.

The state is moving to phases 3 and 4 of its reopening plan simultaneously, he said.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether some communities would follow the state’s decision. Dunleavy said it was possible that some would lag behind the state guidance.

In a Tuesday night interview, Anchorage Mayor Ethan Berkowitz said his team would review the data through the week and make a decision Friday that would go into effect Monday, as the city did in previous phases of reopening.

Berkowitz said if the data continues the way it has, he might consider lifting capacity restrictions while keeping in place “best practices” like having hand sanitizer near entrances to businesses.

“What are businesses going to do to maintain the physical separation and the hygiene? Which is a change from just the percent opening, and a move to what the best practices are,” Berkowitz said. “But we’re still debating whether we can implement something like that, and whether that makes the most sense.”

Berkowitz said he saw the governor’s plan and does not feel there will be a large disconnect between state and city policy.

“I don’t see a significant difference in practical terms,” Berkowitz said.

The governor said the state is still advising protocol like staying six feet away from each other while in businesses and wearing masks when near other people in public places, but the regulations previously imposed will be lifted.

Businesses will not be required to have hand sanitizer or enact social distancing policies as they are now.

“I think the people of Alaska get that they need to stay away from folks if they don’t want to get the virus,” he said. “That they need to wash their hands and wipe things down. People get that.”

The governor’s initial “Reopen Alaska Responsibly Plan” showed that businesses in Phase 3 could open to 75% of their usual capacity, but the Dunleavy administration clarified Tuesday that there are no capacity restrictions during this new phase.

The reopening also includes places of worship, libraries, museums, recreational activities and sports, according to the governor’s office.

Alaska is currently in phase 2, which means restaurants and stores are allowed to open at half their capacity while bars, gyms and theaters can open at a quarter of their capacity.

Berkowitz said it’s important to make sure people feel comfortable going into a business. But he also said when there are clear rules, it helps protect businesses from liability lawsuits that could arise. All those things need to be considered before transitioning further.

“You don’t just flip a switch and open a business in a pandemic and expect things to return to normal,” Berkowitz said.

Dunleavy said he knows that case numbers will increase, but the state is prepared to deal with that.

The low number of cases overall drove the state’s decision, he said.

“It’s going to be up to the establishment and the individual," Dunleavy said.

The transition keeps Alaska at the forefront of states moving to reopen their economy as the spread of the coronavirus starts to taper off locally.

“There are a whole host of issues that occur when you tell people to hunker down and hide,” Dunleavy said. “The economy gets in trouble, people’s mental and emotional health goes sideways. Spiritual health as well, when you’re dealing with churches.”

Dunleavy said individual cities and boroughs may choose to move at a different pace. The 14-day interstate travel quarantine remains in place and is set to expire June 2. Dunleavy said his staff is talking with airlines this week to find ways to allow travelers to enter the state in a safe way, and that quarantine mandate will be reevaluated daily.

Dunleavy said large gatherings, like festivals, should be organized with the assistance of public health officials.

When asked if there is concern that Alaska is moving to phase 4 without fully understanding the impacts of phase 2, Dunleavy said he believes some businesses will stay closed and others will remain operating with limited capacity.

In addition, the state is still restricting visits to senior living facilities as well as prisons. Several other mandates put in place by the governor remain in effect, including limited travel to Alaska communities off the road system, precautions surrounding elective medical and dental procedures, and measures to protect commercial fishing vessels.

Dunleavy said because of that, he believes the increase in cases will remain manageable.

“You’re going to see business done differently, you’re going to see people behave differently, on their own,” Dunleavy said.

An email from a Dunleavy spokeswoman said that the official guidelines for the next phase, which begins Friday, would be posted to the state’s website on Thursday.

There were no new cases of COVID-19 reported by the state Tuesday, based on Monday’s statewide test results. But new cases announced by others Tuesday will likely be reflected in state data released later.

On Tuesday afternoon, the Maniilaq Association, a Northwest Alaska health care provider, announced that a person in Kotzebue had tested positive for COVID-19 after arriving there from a different community.

Additionally, the state’s Department of Corrections announced that an inmate at the Anchorage Correctional Complex tested positive for COVID-19.

State guidance for Alaskans

A presentation by Gov. Dunleavy on Tuesday reminded the public that “the success of remaining open now lies fully in the hands of Alaskans.” As the state moves toward a more comprehensive reopening, officials recommend that Alaskans continue taking the following measures to protect themselves and others from contracting COVID-19:

• Stay at least 6 feet from people who aren’t members of your household.

• Continue washing your hands frequently.

• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly.

• If you’re feeling sick, stay at home. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, get tested.

• Wear a mask or face covering in public places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.

• If you’re working remotely, work with your employer to see if you can continue doing so.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/hM9OvtAnoHY

Crazy. I watched the vids from the guy because he makes true underground shelters. Saw this pop up today and said holy shit, look at our DPS. Shameful.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post