SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court Blocks Vaccine Mandate

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme...id-19-193050385.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Supreme court made its decision.No vaccine,testing or masks for business over 100 employees. The health care industry must vaccinate in most cases.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nice. I still don't understand how the health care one is staying. I don't understand what laws grants the federal government the ability to do that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Nice. I still don't understand how the health care one is staying. I don't understand what laws grants the federal government the ability to do that.

I think it's because of Medicare/Medicaid funds. But I'm sure others will chime in.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Supreme Court Blocks Vaccine Mandate

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme...id-19-193050385.html

quote:
In dissent, the court's three liberals argued that it was the court that was overreaching by substituting its judgment for that of health experts. “Acting outside of its competence and without legal basis, the Court displaces the judgments of the Government officials given the responsibility to respond to workplace health emergencies," Justices Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor wrote in a joint dissent.

Quick question. Do you dipshits know who was responsible for there being LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DEATHLY ALERGIC TO PEANUTS?

I'll save you the brain work: Health Experts. My own kid's pediatrician said, "Oh yeah we got that one wrong. That was our bad. You should totally expose your kids to peanuts and peanut butter very early on."

Dipshits.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:

I think it's because of Medicare/Medicaid funds. But I'm sure others will chime in.

Yep - due to these places taking Medicare and Medicaid - which is an easy fix - stop taking both and tell the gov suck hind tit - but we know how this will go - healthcare org I worked for some years back was raking it in thanks to Medicare and Medicaid

Now if all healthcare workers walked away from places that forced it and went to places that didn't then that would shift the tide and these places doing Medicare and Medicaid wouldn't have the staff to even provide services let alone bill for it through Medicare and Medicaid

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
SCOTUS: "COVID–19 can and does spread at home, in schools, during sporting events, and everywhere else that people gather. That kind of universal risk is no different from the day-to-day dangers that all face from crime, air pollution, or any number of communicable diseases."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is called CMS which is the bane of those working in healthcare. They set the pay scale as well. They will just turn off the money faucet to begin with. Other consequences will follow.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is called CMS which is the bane of those working in healthcare. They set the pay scale as well. They will just turn off the money faucet to begin with. Other consequences will follow.

Not if they had said money can't be tied to individual health decisions of employees of those companies. How far does that extend? Could the .gov say no more contracts for you until all employees have electric vehicles since global warming is a existential health crisis?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not if they had said money can't be tied to individual health decisions of employees of those companies. How far does that extend? Could the .gov say no more contracts for you until all employees have electric vehicles since global warming is a existential health crisis?
Jeezus, Skins...don't give those phukktards any ideas!!!! Eek Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
In the 1970’s the Supreme Court ruled if a state accepts Federal funds for Highway safety, repair etc… the speed limit is 55 to accept the funds. If a hospital is accepting Federal funding, Medicare/Medicaid the jab can be required, similar reasoning.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Man performs at TX town council meeting. While his singing is not going to win a Grammy, it is funny.

Skip to 1:15

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
In the 1907’s the Supreme Court ruled if a state accepts Federal funds for Highway safety, repair etc… the speed limit is 55 to accept the funds. If a hospital is accepting Federal funding, Medicare/Medicaid the jab can be required, similar reasoning.

Which is why the federal contractor requirement is likely to stay also. That's going to be the interesting challenge. Right now anyone registered on SAM.gov must show compliance with the commmunist edict of sniffy the pedo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^
It is more complicated than you can imagine. No hospital can run without CMS. Can the military run without funding from the Defense Department? I don't like it one bit. Ask your physician about Medicare and Medicaid. They are allowed to dictate such things as vaccination just like the military.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
In dissent, the court's three liberals argued that it was the court that was overreaching by substituting its judgment for that of health experts. “Acting outside of its competence and without legal basis, the Court displaces the judgments of the Government officials given the responsibility to respond to workplace health emergencies," Justices Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor wrote in a joint dissent.

Quick question. Do you dipshits know who was responsible for there being LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DEATHLY ALERGIC TO PEANUTS?

I'll save you the brain work: Health Experts. My own kid's pediatrician said, "Oh yeah we got that one wrong. That was our bad. You should totally expose your kids to peanuts and peanut butter very early on."

Dipshits.
You missed the boat too. These GD black garbed morons are so stupid its painful to even read their twaddle. Hey retards, what if healthcare "professionals/experts" decreed the best way to stop the virus was to simply exterminate a couple hundred Americans deemed to be the primary spreaders? Would ya still defer to the 'experts'? Your F'ing job, which you have no goddamn clue about, is to determine if the mandates are legal under existing law. Healthcare expert opinions don't even factor into that discussion. We now have concrete proof that 30% of SCOTUS is simply too stupid to allow to weigh in on anything.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Which one of the SCOTUS lunkheads said in the arguments that they- essentially- weren't aware of the Tenth Amendment? Kagan? Sotomayor?

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sotomayor. The wise latina woman.

“I’m not sure I understand the distinction why the states would have the power [to institute a mandate such as OSHA’s], but the federal government wouldn’t,” stated the associate justice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
White House Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki said the Biden administration would “not be deterred” by the Supreme Court decision, and all employers should immediately continue to “initiate vaccination requirements.”

I'm guessing some companies will still attempt to force it. I also would imagine they open themselves up for lawsuits?

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The whole silly hysteria will wind down...Omicron is the 'vaccine' that we can only dream about. This is the last gasp for the leftist. After the midterms, the clueless fockers may never get close to national power again. They ran in the center and ruled from the far left. We'll live with this germ and future scholars will have the fun job of explaining how we were just another country failed by it's worthless political class.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Seeing more and more people here not wearing a mask in places that require it. The spell is breaking for some. We may finally be getting to a point where reasonable people have had enough, especially with the panic of this next “wave.” I’m also getting more overtly hostile vibes from some others who are still entranced. The next six months are going to be interesting here.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post