SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
White House Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki said the Biden administration would “not be deterred” by the Supreme Court decision, and all employers should immediately continue to “initiate vaccination requirements.”

I'm guessing some companies will still attempt to force it. I also would imagine they open themselves up for lawsuits?

Link

Didn’t take an hour for my company to send out the blast to stop any further discussions with our folks. The mandate is dead, we’re not going to enforce anything.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
ooo-rah!

Hakuna Matata, bitchezz

President Two Scoops just can't catch a break. Why is that, I wonder? Razz

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
My daughter and both my sons breathed a huge sigh of relief today knowing they cannot be forced into the jab. Someone needs to file for impeachment now. Telling companies to ignore the rule of law and do his bidding certainly must be impeachable.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Did y'all hear/read the dissenting opinion? Good Lord. What an embarrassment. They're not guided by law. Three of the six of the prevailing opinion were put on the court by Trump. Thank God.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Consider this as a possible situation. You and your wife 'could' have regular influenza (rapid tests are notorious for being inaccurate, hence the reason she tested positive and you negative). Also, I don't think the rapid tests are super accurate in telling the difference between influenza (which is a corona virus) and Covid. At any rate, the treatment for both is very similar, so keep doing what you're doing and fingers crossed, you and your wife will get to feeling better real soon.

I think then after the scheduled PCR COVID test today, I will go to a clinic and get tested for the flu. That way if it is, I can get something like Tamiflu and be taking within 48 hours of initial symptoms.

I ended up being able to see my doctor today for the flu test, but based on what I told them they wanted to do a COVID test first. I tested positive this time. Since I am high-risk, they are going to set me up for the monoclonal infusion, but that will probably be four days out due to shortages.

Before my appointment, I stopped by two Tractor Supply stores that online showed they had ivermectin in stock and both were totally sold out. They had warning signs posted not to be buying it for human consumption.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Nice. I still don't understand how the health care one is staying. I don't understand what laws grants the federal government the ability to do that.

Roberts is a known disaster, but Kavanaugh--what a disappointment.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
My daughter and both my sons breathed a huge sigh of relief today knowing they cannot be forced into the jab. Someone needs to file for impeachment now. Telling companies to ignore the rule of law and do his bidding certainly must be impeachable.

Companies and even States ("vaccine" passports) aren't prohibited from requiring people from getting this shot as a result of this ruling. It prohibits the feds. Just fyi.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I ended up being able to see my doctor today for the flu test, but based on what I told them they wanted to do a COVID test first. I tested positive this time. Since I am high-risk, they are going to set me up for the monoclonal infusion, but that will probably be four days out due to shortages.

Before my appointment, I stopped by two Tractor Supply stores that online showed they had ivermectin in stock and both were totally sold out. They had warning signs posted not to be buying it for human consumption.

Good luck with your Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion. It worked very well for my wife.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Nice. I still don't understand how the health care one is staying. I don't understand what laws grants the federal government the ability to do that.

My thoughts exactly. At least ACB is starting to show some backbone?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24069 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
My daughter and grandchildren have Medicaid, and they haven't been forced to get vaccinated (yet).

Also, the SC said OSHA can't require it, they did not say a private company can't require it.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just saw something about Biden is already telling states to impose their own mandates and ignore the SC ruling today. Fucking guy is a real piece of work…now he’s all about states rights? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
quote:

It’s past precedent, in 1970 or so the Nixon administration wanted to set a nationwide speed limit of 55mph, some states refused, the Supreme Court held if the state took Federal funds for Highway safety, they had to set the 55 speed limit. Same rationale is if a health care facility takes Federal Money they can mandate a jab based on the acceptance of the funds.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
President Two Scoops just can't catch a break.

Big Grin

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Good luck with your Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion. It worked very well for my wife.

Didn't do diddly for mine. Leastwise, not as far as we could tell. But they weren't able to schedule her until she was at the very end of the 10-day window.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
These cases are not about the efficacy or importance of COVID–19 vaccines. They are only about whether CMS has the statutory authority to force healthcare workers, by coercing their employers, to undergo a medical procedure they do not want and cannot undo. Because the Government has not made a strong showing that Congress gave CMS that broad authority, I would deny the stays pending appeal. I respectfully dissent.
—Clarence Thomas.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24069 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
quote:

It’s past precedent, in 1970 or so the Nixon administration wanted to set a nationwide speed limit of 55mph, some states refused, the Supreme Court held if the state took Federal funds for Highway safety, they had to set the 55 speed limit. Same rationale is if a health care facility takes Federal Money they can mandate a jab based on the acceptance of the funds.

Because making a rule on a priviledge is the exact same thing as violating a persons right to be secure in their person.

Complete apples and oranges comparison.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
My daughter and grandchildren have Medicaid, and they haven't been forced to get vaccinated (yet). Also, the SC said OSHA can't require it, they did not say a private company can't require it.

You've opened a can of thought worms.Smile I checked briefly and am not sure if North Carolina took the Medicaid expansion. Either way, the implications of this SCOTUS ruling on Obamacare aren't clear.

The State of Washington did of course go for the Medicaid expansion, and all of those insurance companies on the "exchange" which are supposed to be competing for my business have dwindled down to one privately owned insurance company.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Also, the SC said OSHA can't require it, they did not say a private company can't require it.
These companies no longer have a reason to inflict these mandates on their workers given the current data confirming vaccines do not prevent the spread of Covid. They also have no legal justification anymore, so maybe someone should remind them that an employee who ends up having an adverse reaction to these 'experimental' drugs just might sue the hell out of them. My bet, that approach should turn all but the most spectacularly moronic away from this BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
quote:
White House Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki said the Biden administration would “not be deterred” by the Supreme Court decision, and all employers should immediately continue to “initiate vaccination requirements.”

I'm guessing some companies will still attempt to force it. I also would imagine they open themselves up for lawsuits?

Link

Didn’t take an hour for my company to send out the blast to stop any further discussions with our folks. The mandate is dead, we’re not going to enforce anything.

My company has a mandate and is enforcing it. A coworker is being fired on the 21st. We are a pharma company so not sure if that counts under healthcare.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now its not the Government being tyrannical - its both private and publicly traded companies that are.

Here is a question. If a company can require you to take an experimental poke for C19, what stops them from demanding all your vaccination records and mandating dozens of other vaccinations? Same thing for restaurants and entertainment venues?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post