SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
"Nearly two years after former President Donald Trump tossed politics into the nation’s battle against the coronavirus, the partisan divide appears to have grown, with Republicans fighting mandates and Democrats calling for harsh punishments for those who refuse to get vaccinated."

https://www.washingtonexaminer...for-vax-deniers-poll

Absolute Fiction and Total Propaganda...Right there in the first sentence of the article! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Well we've got from essential to expendable.

https://www.abc15.com/news/nat...hZYydPNnL-UhG7DBnVI8

Hospitals across the country letting COVID-infected staff care for patients

By: Jessie Cohen
Posted at 5:26 PM, Jan 12, 2022 and last updated 3:33 PM, Jan 12, 2022

After nearly two years of fighting on the front lines, Mayra Castaneda says it feels like her health and the health of other healthcare workers is the last priority.

Castaneda works in California, where the state's health department says staff members with asymptomatic COVID-19 can continue working.

“It makes us all angry the fact that this is how things are being done now," she said.

"It was like, 'Well do I show up to work, do I not show up to work, do I stay home,'" Castaneda wondered.

California isn’t alone. Hospitals in Rhode Island and Arizona have also told employees that they can stay on the job if they have mild symptoms or none at all.

Castaneda believes the policy will actually have a negative effect on staff shortages.

“It’s clear we’re becoming short-staffed because we’re not staying away as we should," Castaneda said.

Sandy Reding, president of the California Nurses Association, says healthcare workers need more protection, not less.

"We need to preserve the nurses at the bedside as we are, and not infuse more COVID into our hospitals so we can have more cross-contamination, infections and death. It just didn’t make sense at all," Reding said. “It’s very disheartening for the frontline nurses and other healthcare workers to think that we are going to have to work side-by-side with COVID-positive coworkers.”

The California Department of Public Health defends its decision with the following statement:

We are extremely grateful to all the health care workers across California who have worked tirelessly over the course of the pandemic in support of Californians impacted by COVID-19. While vaccines continue to protect against serious illness, hospitals are reaching capacity and staffing shortages are making it difficult to treat those who need essential care. Given those conditions, the department is providing temporary flexibility to help hospitals and emergency services providers respond to an unprecedented surge and staffing shortages. Hospitals have to exhaust all other options before resorting to this temporary tool. Facilities and providers using this tool, should have asymptomatic COVID-19 positive workers interact only with COVID-19 positive patients, to the extent possible, and ensure the workers are always wearing N-95 respirators.

Karl Minges, the Interim Dean of the University of New Haven’s School of Health Sciences, says the decision seems confusing.

“So the first reaction is one of surprise, I think, that it’s coming to this," Minges said. “But with some guardrails, I think it’s the most sensible thing to do at this point in time to avoid a situation where we have to ration care and provide care to the patient that’s most likely to make it.”

Those guardrails include vaccines and making sure the staffing plan is temporary. However, Minges notes that the plan is not health-proof.

“Yes, it is very risky to be doing this in certain areas of a hospital. For example, the NICU, the ICU, any chemotherapy units," Minges said.

“Part of the guidelines was attempt to keep these COVID-positive healthcare workers taking care of COVID patients. That’s impossible. I’m throughout the entire hospital taking care of COVID and non-COVID," Castaneda said.

Castaneda says the expectations are not set in reality. She believes healthcare workers are not being prioritized nearly enough.

“There’s people that are just saying I give up in the healthcare industry, I’m done. And that worries me because I see it and I hear it every day," Castaneda said. “But then when your life doesn’t matter, how can you save lives when your own life doesn’t matter to anyone else.”

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well we've got from essential to expendable….

Hospitals across the country letting COVID-infected staff care for patients

As long as you are “vaccinated”… that’s all that counts.
Further proof it’s about subjugation and compliance rather than patient protection.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
It seems a little astounding to me that it is so important that people be “injected” (sorry, I can’t bring myself to call the jab a vaccine when it clearly doesn’t meet the long understood definition) that healthcare workers who have not been injected must be fired, but when it comes down to it, the folks making policy decisions are fine with those have active infections treating patients. Would the folks making these decisions really rather be in a room with people that have been injected and are infected than in a room with people who have not been injected and are not infected? Are they really that confused, or do they just not care about the people for whom they are making decisions?

I still don’t understand why they are pushing the injections so hard when the science is abundantly clear that the injections do not prevent infection, do not prevent spread, appear to increase infection with Omicron, and appear to be of waning/questionable benefitin reducing symptoms while providing plenty of nasty side effects. What is the impetus? Could it really be all about the money?

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Could it really be all about the money?

Money? No. It's about power and control.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Pfizer had something like $32B worth of vaccine related profits in 2021. You'd have to be naive to think it's not at least partly about the money.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Money = power + control

Every msm nightly news was sponsored by Pfizer last year.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

Pfizer had something like $32B worth of vaccine related profits in 2021. You'd have to be naive to think it's not at least partly about the money.

Sure. To Pfizer it is about money. But Pfizer can't force people to take their shot. They need the media and governments for that.

The ultimate end goal for these elitists is power and control. Money is a means to an end.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in Salt Lake City… Mad

Salt Lake City Tribune editorial calls for National Guard to keep unvaccinated people in their homes

The Salt Lake City Tribune editorial board published an editorial on Saturday that called on the Utah governor to use the National Guard to prevent unvaccinated citizens from going anywhere.

In an editorial titled, "Utah leaders have surrendered to COVID pandemic, the Editorial Board writes" the paper lays blame at elected officials for failing to mandate the vaccine for all citizens. The paper asserted that if Utah was a "civilized place," Republican Gov. Spencer Cox would implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for the state and have the National Guard enforce the mandate by not letting unvaccinated people go "anywhere."

"Were Utah a truly civilized place, the governor’s next move would be to find a way to mandate the kind of mass vaccination campaign we should have launched a year ago, going as far as to deploy the National Guard to ensure that people without proof of vaccination would not be allowed, well, anywhere," the editorial board wrote.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
quote:

Money = power + control

Every msm nightly news was sponsored by Pfizer last year.

Tony Montana wasn't far off....

In this country, first you get the money,
then, you get the power, then you get the women...

Posts: 23402 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The Salt Lake City Tribune is a leftist trash rag.

What we (Utah) should be doing is mobilizing the guard to expel this infestation of parasites that occupy a large portion of Salt Lake and Summit counties. Some of the most awful, arrogant, intolerable democrats that I have ever met live in this state.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems a little astounding to me that it is so important that people be “injected” (sorry, I can’t bring myself to call the jab a vaccine when it clearly doesn’t meet the long understood definition) that healthcare workers who have not been injected must be fired, but when it comes down to it, the folks making policy decisions are fine with those have active infections treating patients. Would the folks making these decisions really rather be in a room with people that have been injected and are infected than in a room with people who have not been injected and are not infected? Are they really that confused, or do they just not care about the people for whom they are making decisions?

I still don’t understand why they are pushing the injections so hard when the science is abundantly clear that the injections do not prevent infection, do not prevent spread, appear to increase infection with Omicron, and appear to be of waning/questionable benefitin reducing symptoms while providing plenty of nasty side effects. What is the impetus? Could it really be all about the money?
I think its got much to do with keeping the people back on their heels because we might decide restitution is owed for high crimes and stolen elections. These sons of bitches will spare no cost to keep from being found out and punished. They live in a different world than we. If America ever pulls together and gets down to the dirty work of making things right for the country, these criminals will pay their dept in finality.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
“President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities,” and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics,” said the pollster.

Not surprising. Most of them would support imprisoning anyone who disagrees with them.

I think WAY too many people are completely missing this. THE MAJORITY of Biden's strongest supporters are in favor of sending anyone to the camps for not taking the shots, or even for merely criticizing the Great Potato's pandemic "strategy."

Not merely criticizing them, or excluding them from the workplace or restaurants or schools. Actually in favor of harnessing government authority and sending them-- in other words, US-- to literal camps.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Meanwhile in Salt Lake City… Mad

Salt Lake City Tribune editorial calls for National Guard to keep unvaccinated people in their homes

The Salt Lake City Tribune editorial board published an editorial on Saturday that called on the Utah governor to use the National Guard to prevent unvaccinated citizens from going anywhere.

In an editorial titled, "Utah leaders have surrendered to COVID pandemic, the Editorial Board writes" the paper lays blame at elected officials for failing to mandate the vaccine for all citizens. The paper asserted that if Utah was a "civilized place," Republican Gov. Spencer Cox would implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for the state and have the National Guard enforce the mandate by not letting unvaccinated people go "anywhere."

"Were Utah a truly civilized place, the governor’s next move would be to find a way to mandate the kind of mass vaccination campaign we should have launched a year ago, going as far as to deploy the National Guard to ensure that people without proof of vaccination would not be allowed, well, anywhere," the editorial board wrote.

That mindset is absolutely unbelievable! Talk about “show me your papers” Nazi bull$hit. Yeah because if you have the vaccine you can’t get the virus or spread it Roll Eyes I am fully vaccinated and here I sit at home quarantined due to getting COVID and a bad case of it at that.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
“President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities,” and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics,” said the pollster.

Not surprising. Most of them would support imprisoning anyone who disagrees with them.

I think WAY too many people are completely missing this. THE MAJORITY of Biden's strongest supporters are in favor of sending anyone to the camps for not taking the shots, or even for merely criticizing the Great Potato's pandemic "strategy."

Not merely criticizing them, or excluding them from the workplace or restaurants or schools. Actually in favor of harnessing government authority and sending them-- in other words, US-- to literal camps.

That's approx. HALF of a VERY Small Number...I'm NOT concerned as those are the truly Delusional Kool-Aid Drinking Leftists, so not surprising at all. Regardless, if that's what they think and they want to go all in, then let them try...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Salt Lake City Tribune is a leftist trash rag.

What we (Utah) should be doing is mobilizing the guard to expel this infestation of parasites that occupy a large portion of Salt Lake and Summit counties. Some of the most awful, arrogant, intolerable democrats that I have ever met live in this state.

SL county is becoming full of California transplants and it's not surprising that crime is going up.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

SL county is becoming full of California transplants and it's not surprising that crime is going up.

Same here in Summit county. My wife, who follows a lot of local news through facebook, tells me weekly about the crap going on around here that 10-15 years ago I never would've imagined. I never thought I would say this, but I'm very much looking forward to moving out of Park City.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
To put that in context, with Biden polling around 33% favorable, the rather tiny group of mentally ill morons that have a "Very Favorable impression of Biden" might be rabid, but their numbers make them all but irrelevant. If the two sides to this issue ever did square off against each other, this particular group would be eliminated from the planet before lunch time rolled around. But the story does make for good clickbait.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post