SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My wife works from home since this thing started also.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
We both work from home 100% of the time and have for over a decade. Makes complete sense.
It’s from the White House Guidance:
” Contractor employees working on a covered contract from their residence also must comply with the vaccination requirement for covered contractor employees.”

The Guidance
Sept. 24th White House Guidance on EO 14042

Has anything this administration done made any sense?
Nope.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think a major blowup is looming in my household. I just told my wife that I don't care who mandates what, when it comes to it, we're not "vaccinating" our son. Anyone who wants to do so has to go through me and over my dead body. She replied with a heated "I think the risk of dying from COVID is greater than any risk from the vaccine." I shut her off there with "there's no further conversation about it that needs to take place, it's not going to happen."

Of course, we're going to have to talk about it at some point. If she takes my son to get the shot behind my back, that will be the end of this marriage. It's not the only thing going wrong, but it will be the last thing.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
She replied with a heated "I think the risk of dying from COVID is greater than any risk from the vaccine." I shut her off there with "there's no further conversation about it that needs to take place, it's not going to happen."

I don't know the totality of your circumstances but there is plenty of evidence that she is wrong. You might be able to convince her with evidence rather than escalate this.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Simply control?

Do communists need any other reason?

Of course not. If you’re a communist control is the only thing that matters.

The other side of that coin is a populace that can only rely on the state.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
You might be able to convince her with evidence rather than escalate this.

I'll attempt that. We just talked a bit further, she has to decide which vaccine to get. I mentioned that there's been coronary problems associated with some of the vaccines and she retorted "yeah, in men." I told her women also, and she said that my sources were questionable because I've been duped by a few satire pieces here that were posted without warning. So now, I'm considered a questionable source.

I'm going to read back a few dozen pages. Today is not shaping up to be a very good day.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
The other side of that coin is a populace that can only rely on the state.
And is willing to be subjugated.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
She replied with a heated "I think the risk of dying from COVID is greater than any risk from the vaccine." I shut her off there with "there's no further conversation about it that needs to take place, it's not going to happen."

I don't know the totality of your circumstances but there is plenty of evidence that she is wrong. You might be able to convince her with evidence rather than escalate this.

Any clear thinking person should be able to see that the risk to children from this virus is infinitesimally small. So small in fact it's barely worth noting. There is absolutely no rational reason whatsoever to give this shot to our children and every reason not to.

Unfortunately, clear thought and rationality seems to be in short supply as of late.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judge Overrules NY Governor - Says Employers Must Grant Religious Exemptions To Healthcare Workers

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...xemptions-healthcare

A federal judge in New York ruled on Tuesday that State Health Officials must allow employers to grant religious exemptions to a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for healthcare workers while a lawsuit challenging the mandate proceeds through the courts, according to the NY Times.

"The question is whether the State’s summary imposition of § 2.61 conflicts with plaintiffs’ and other individuals’ federally protected right to seek a religious accommodation from their individual employers," wrote Judge David N. Hurd, a Bill Clinton appointee.

"The answer to this question is clearly yes. Plaintiffs have established that § 2.61 conflicts with longstanding federal protections for religious beliefs and that they and others will suffer irreparable harm in the absence of injunctive relief," reads the 27-page ruling, which offers a reprieve for thousands of unvaccinated doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers who would have otherwise been fired or prevented from working on Tuesday if the ruling had gone the other way.

Hurd issued a preliminary injunction preventing the NY Department of Health from acting against any employer who grants religious exemptions, adding that the plaintiffs were likely to succeed in their case.

"The Department of Health is barred from interfering in any way with the granting of religious exemptions from Covid-19 vaccination going forward, or with the operation of exemptions already granted," reads the ruling.

New York Governor Kathy M. Hochul indicated that the state would appeal.

"My responsibility as governor is to protect the people of this state, and requiring health care workers to get vaccinated accomplishes that," she said. "I stand behind this mandate, and I will fight this decision in court to keep New Yorkers safe."

In late-August, Hochul's administration overrode a religious exemption contained within former Gov. Cuomo's original vaccine mandate - prompting 17 healthcare workers to sue the state in federal court, claiming that the mandate conflicted with their religious beliefs "because they all employ fetal cell lines derived from procured abortion in testing."

"With this decision, the court rightly recognized that yesterday’s ‘front line heroes’ in dealing with Covid cannot suddenly be treated as disease-carrying villains and kicked to the curb by the command of a state health bureaucracy," said Christopher Ferrara of the Thomas More Society.

Tuesday's order technically extends an earlier temporary restraining order which applied to religious exemptions filed in mid-September onward - effectively allowing many healthcare workers to continue working even after the mandate went into effect.

In the federal case, titled Dr. A et al v. Hochul, the 17 health care workers argued that they could not consent to be inoculated with vaccines “that were tested, developed or produced with fetal cell lines derived from procured abortions.”

Pope Francis has said that Catholics may get the Covid-19 vaccines; most of the health care workers suing in the case are Catholic. But Judge Hurd did not question whether the health care workers were correct in their religious objections. Instead, he focused on their broader constitutional right to have their religious beliefs considered, and when possible, accommodated. -NYT

Now do cops, firefighters, teachers, and other professions.

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I'll attempt that. We just talked a bit further, she has to decide which vaccine to get. I mentioned that there's been coronary problems associated with some of the vaccines and she retorted "yeah, in men." I told her women also, and she said that my sources were questionable because I've been duped by a few satire pieces here that were posted without warning. So now, I'm considered a questionable source.

I'm going to read back a few dozen pages. Today is not shaping up to be a very good day.

By the way, did you hear about the Indiana family who went to a Walgreens for flu shots and were given covid shots instead? The two children, a boy and girl, were 4 and 5 years old. They were taken to a pediatric cardiologist and are reportedly having heart issues now.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/10/0...s-instead-flu-shots/

Not a chance in hell my daughters will ever receive this shot. Thankfully my wife agrees with me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the rules have not even been released and all these corporations are in lock step with the Government. When has this ever happened before?

Psaki Can’t Say When Vaccine Mandate for Private Businesses Will ‘Be Finalized’

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...nalized_4045635.html

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that the federal government’s rules on a vaccine mandate that President Joe Biden announced for private businesses last month are still forthcoming.

Psaki acknowledged Tuesday an enforceable rule from the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is not here yet, promising that it will be coming. Psaki said she couldn’t offer an “expectation of when that’ll be finalized.”

“I would say that requiring and mandating for businesses of 100 people or over vaccines is not a small task. That is a big bold proposal idea and something that we want to implement with as much clarity as we can,” she said in response to a question about vaccine mandates. “We know there will be questions, even after these rules are put out, we understand that. But that’s why we wanted to take a little bit of time, not too much time, to get it done.”

On Sept. 9, President Joe Biden announced sweeping mandates for private businesses with 100 or more employees, requiring workers at such companies to either submit to regular weekly COVID-19 testing or get the vaccine. Also announced were mandates for federal contractors, federal employees, and healthcare staff working at Medicare- or Medicaid-funded facilities.

But since the announcement, there has been speculation as to why it’s taking OSHA so long to come up with a rule. So far, the White House has only sent out a news release regarding the mandate on private businesses.

“There is nothing there yet that gives employers any mandate,” Stephanie McFarland, a spokeswoman for the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration, told the Federalist website last week. “The president made an announcement on this asking OSHA to do it, but we’ve not yet seen anything come from it yet,” she continued.

About two weeks ago, Psaki also addressed questions about the OSHA rule during a press briefing.

“We never gave an exact timeline, so—maybe we should have been more specific at the time,” Psaki said on Sept. 30. “Obviously, it takes some time. And we want to make sure when we put these out, they’re clear and they provide guidance necessary to businesses.” Then, Psaki also told reporters she cannot provide an exact timeline on the rule, adding that the administration will have more information “in the coming weeks.”

In the news conference, Psaki also addressed an order signed by Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday banning any entity from implementing vaccination mandates for employees or customers in the state. Earlier this year, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis also took action to bar the state from using vaccine passports.

“Our intention is to implement … these requirements across the country,” Psaki said, “including in the states where there are attempts to oppose them.”

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I’ve been traveling non-stop since June 2020 and been in a bunch of Sky Clubs all over the country. I’ve never once been harassed about not wearing my mask. I wear it walking around and such but as soon as I sit down it comes off. I’m not pulling it down to take a drink and then replacing it. A couple weeks ago I forgot to put my mask on and went to the bar. The bartender just reminded me that I was supposed to wear it, but still gave me my drink.

They make an announcement every 20 minutes or so that we have to wear masks but I’ve never seen anyone hassled by staff.
I have to fly at the end of the month (have been dreading it), and in preparation bought myself one of these. The Double Incognito Fake Mask. Hey, its made in the USA by a veteran owned company, so there's that too. This is about as close to compliance as these morons are going to get out of me.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...xemptions-healthcare

So does anyone know if fired nurses are suing hospitals over denial of religious exemptions? My wife's liberal hospital is denying all exemption applications.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5369 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
]I have to fly at the end of the month (have been dreading it), and in preparation bought myself one of these. The Double Incognito Fake Mask. Hey, its made in the USA by a veteran owned company, so there's that too. This is about as close to compliance as these morons are going to get out of me.

That's perfect. Gonna get that.

"Breathe Free. Be Free. Get yours today! 100% of proceeds go towards trolling the left!"

Nice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
“Our intention is to implement … these requirements across the country,” Psaki said, “including in the states where there are attempts to oppose them.”
Two thoughts. One, bring it, and two, 'F' you and your boss.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Uhhhhh...I remember a minor little point of history I learned a while back called "States' Rights". Seems we had us a little skirmish in this country over that very issue. Can't put my finger on it......[thinking, thinking....]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Ol' circle back is gonna put it on us.. Eek

Posts: 17890 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

https://www.defenseone.com/pol...hop-declares/186056/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good for him. Stand up to the commie Pope.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Boeing will require all employees to be vaccinated, despite wary labor unions and conservative opposition

Link

Boeing management told its U.S. employees in an internal message Tuesday that with limited exceptions they must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Dec. 8 or face termination.

“Compliance with these requirements is a condition of employment,” states a Boeing internal presentation viewed by The Seattle Times.
“Employees who are unable to meet these requirements, and do not have an approved accommodation, by December 8 may be released from the company.”

The policy will apply to roughly 125,000 employees in the U.S., about 57,000 of them in Washington state.

Many of the biggest businesses across America have already done so, including Walmart and Ford; tech giants Microsoft, Google, and Facebook; and locally, Alaska Airlines.

Amazon, the largest employer in the state, has not yet announced a vaccine mandate. However, as a federal contractor, it will likely have to do so.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post