SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I’ve been traveling non-stop since June 2020 and been in a bunch of Sky Clubs all over the country. I’ve never once been harassed about not wearing my mask. I wear it walking around and such but as soon as I sit down it comes off. I’m not pulling it down to take a drink and then replacing it. A couple weeks ago I forgot to put my mask on and went to the bar. The bartender just reminded me that I was supposed to wear it, but still gave me my drink.

They make an announcement every 20 minutes or so that we have to wear masks but I’ve never seen anyone hassled by staff.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, as I said, they never harass me in the Sky Clubs. This petty tyrant though roaming the Philadelphia Amex Centurion lounge is a different story. I don't know how the other Centurion lounges are, but I can tell you the Philadelphia Centurion lounge is overseen by a miniature tin-pot dictator.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I live in liberal central (Northern VA) and I've only been asked once in the last 3-4 months to put on a mask. It was at my orthodontist office. Told them I didn't have one, they gave me one, I put it on. Wore it until my name was called. After you name has been called COVID can not infect you and you are safe until you head back towards reception, then COVID is out of time out and can infect you again.

Makes perfect sense.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After you name has been called COVID can not infect you and you are safe until you head back towards reception, then COVID is out of time out and can infect you again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is absolutely correct. It works if you say your name three times in the mirror too.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

It works if you say your name three times in the mirror too.
That only works if you say your name backwards because mirror image. Except for cjevans.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Time for a repost

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope that they asked you to leave before presenting the bill.

We paid, and then left. I didn't feel like making a bigger scene than what was already made.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
They are intentionally sinking our economy in broad daylight.
Yep. I made the same comment a few days ago. Everything this administration is doing is geared to one thing....destroying the US economy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
I hope that they asked you to leave before presenting the bill.

We paid, and then left. I didn't feel like making a bigger scene than what was already made.
You sir are a very good man. Had I been asked to leave, whatever bill I'd racked up would have become theirs to deal with.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had I been asked to leave, whatever bill I'd racked up would have become theirs to deal with.
It would have been tempting to leave a card with an address and tell the manager, "You can mail the bill to me, along with your letter of apology."

Maybe not realistic, but tempting to think about.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Had I been asked to leave, whatever bill I'd racked up would have become theirs to deal with.
It would have been tempting to leave a card with an address and tell the manager, "You can mail the bill to me, along with your letter of apology."

Maybe not realistic, but tempting to think about.

Then they'd simply hand the card to the police, who'd show up and charge you with theft of services.

You did well, Rev. A. J. Forsyth. We need to be pointing out the logical fallacies and hypocrisy wherever we encounter them. Other people in that bar likely had an "aha" moment, seeing that go down. I'd hazard a guess their business took a dip that night and those other patrons are talking about this incident with their friends and family. Ripples in an otherwise still pond.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then they'd simply hand the card to the police, who'd show up and charge you with theft of services.
And this, boys and girls, is why we do not act on our tempting thoughts. Still fun to think about it, though.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
I just got thrown out of a bar, not the first time - probably not the last.

I usually try to mind my own business - especially with this COVID nonsense, but tonight I had enough. Probably because it was a rough day at the office.

I went out to eat with the wife, we are both vaccinated. We walked up to the door and she had her mask on, I did not. Host asked me to put it on, I did. We went inside, had dinner and a drink or two. Host was walking around, talking to people without his mask on. "I said rules for thee, not for me". He said some shit, I said some shit, they asked us to leave.

PS:

The food sucked and my Yuengling was flat.

Go onto every social media restaurant site (Yelp) and trash them for service and food. Inform all your friends about “Crapo Restaurant” so that the word gets spread. They need to be driven out of business. That’s the only way things will ever change; they need to be made to suffer. No Prisoners Taken!!!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
They are intentionally sinking our economy in broad daylight.
Yep. I made the same comment a few days ago. Everything this administration is doing is geared to one thing....destroying the US economy.

That's the only thing that makes sense, but for what? Simply control?

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simply control?

Do communists need any other reason?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are your Huckleberry

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

That's the only thing that makes sense, but for what? Simply control?

Corporations are benefiting from small businesses closing their doors. Progressives are using it as a power grab.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Simply control?

Do communists need any other reason?

Of course not. If you’re a communist control is the only thing that matters.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My wife just got the email from corporate. She has to have the “vaccine” by December 8th or get fired. If she gets fired, we’re out on the street. If she dies from the vaccine… I can’t finish that sentence.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
My wife just got the email from corporate. She has to have the “vaccine” by December 8th or get fired. If she gets fired, we’re out on the street. If she dies from the vaccine… I can’t finish that sentence.

I got that letter a week ago Monday and my wife got hers a day later. Both of us work for very large international corporations.

We both work from home 100% of the time and have for over a decade. Makes complete sense.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post