SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
From White House “New Guidance on COVID-⁠19 Workplace Safety for Federal Contractors” September 24, 2021

“Vaccination of Covered Contractor Employees

Covered contractors must ensure that all of their covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. Covered contractor employees must be fully vaccinated no later than December 8, 2021.”

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a ratified law - or just media speak from the White House?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Is this a ratified law - or just media speak from the White House?

No, it's not a law. It's an order from the head of the Executive branch, meaning the fake president.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Essentially to do business with the U.S. Government, all contractors and subcontractors must be fully vaccinated.
No vaccination, no government contracts, no money.

So Amazon, UPS and FedEx will be following suit? I'm sure those firms have contracts with the Federal Gov't and if it extends to them and their workers rebel, there's going to be hell to pay.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So what's the next step to be taken here? Once they have forced everyone they can by making them choose between making a lively hood or taking the vaccine and there are still hundreds of thousands of people who have not what does the next turn of the screw entail?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Look at the links I posted on Page 895 of this thread.

I don’t see how it could not apply to any company with government contracts.

Enforcement of the Executive Order is via the Office of Management and Budget adding clauses to existing and new government contracts.
Essentially cutting off of federal funds “money” to companies which do not comply.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^ The Government can't just add a clause to an existing legal contract, just b/c it wants to and expect other parties to agree to it.

In fact, I just read your first link and right there in black & white it states that "the executive order doesn't extend to current contracts." How about reading that which you post!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Let me revise my statement of “all” to new, extensions or renewals of contracts.
However in application, I think “all” companies with government contracts will comply to continue business with the government, with very few exceptions.

Here is the applicable text and link.

1. Applicability and effective dates. In accordance with section 5 of the order, agencies are
required to include an implementing clause in solicitations and contracts for services, including
construction, in accordance with the following dates specified in section 6 of the order:

• new contracts awarded on or after November 14 from solicitations issued before October
15 (this includes new orders awarded on or after November 14 from solicitations issued
before October 15 under existing indefinite-delivery contracts);

• new solicitations issued on or after October 15 and contracts awarded pursuant to those
solicitations (this includes new solicitations issued on or after October 15 for orders
awarded pursuant to those solicitations under existing indefinite-delivery contracts);

• extensions or renewals of existing contracts and orders awarded on or after October 15,
2021; and

• options on existing contracts and orders exercised on or after October 15, 2021.

To maximize the goal of getting more people vaccinated and decrease the spread of
COVID-19, the Task Force strongly encourages agencies to apply the requirements of its
guidance broadly, consistent with applicable law, by including the clause in:

• contracts that have been or will be awarded prior to November 14 on solicitations issued before October 15; and

• contracts that are not covered or directly addressed by the order because the contract or subcontract is under the simplified acquisition threshold or is a contract or subcontract for the manufacturing of products.

2. Exclusions. The clause shall not be applied to:

• contracts and subcontracts with Indian Tribes under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (the exclusion would not apply to a procurement contract or subcontract under the FAR to an Indian-owned or tribally-owned business entity); or

• solicitations and contracts if performance is outside the United States or its outlying areas (the exclusion is limited to employees who are performing work only outside the U.S. or its outlying areas).

Link

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Just like any other contracting organization, the Gov't can implement new T&C's, but that doesn't mean that 3rd parties will agree to them.

Most government contracts run on multi-year timeframes so it may be a long while before any contract extension or new contract will be required for many businesses. In fact, the fake president and his crony overlords may well be out of office before a significant # of federal contracts term lengths end. The exec order and the instructions won't mean diddly then.

Lockheed Martin is continuously pursuing defense-related contracts so it comes as no surprise that they and others of their ilk will be requiring employees to get the experimental jab.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Harris Faulkner: Joe Biden said he would never do this.

The Dictate.
Sept. 9th Executive Order 14042

The Guidance
Sept. 24th White House Guidance on EO 14042

The Enforcement
Sept. 30th Memorandum Federal Procurement Policy Office of Management and Budget

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

posted Hide Post
Texas Governor Issues Executive Order Banning Vaccine Mandates By Any Entity

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...-entity_4043807.html

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday issued an executive order that bans vaccine mandates by any entity, including private employers, in the state.

“The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective, and our best defense against the virus, but should remain voluntary and never forced,” Abbott said in a statement upon issuing the order.

The executive order (pdf) states, “No entity in Texas can compel receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine by any individual, including an employee or a consumer, who objects to such vaccination for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19.”

“I hereby suspend all relevant statutes to the extent necessary to enforce this prohibition,” Abbott wrote in the order.

He also added the issue as an agenda to the third special legislative session which is currently convened until Oct. 19, to give lawmakers the opportunity to pass a law to similar effect.

“The executive order will be rescinded upon the passage of such legislation,” Abbott wrote.

President Joe Biden in September issued a directive to compel private companies with over 100 employees to have their workers be vaccinated or tested weekly. Once in force, companies face $13,600 in fines per violation.

At the time, Abbott called Biden’s move “an assault on private businesses” and said that “Texas is already working to halt this power grab,” joining more than a dozen states in resisting the mandate.

The text of Abbott’s latest executive order, GA-40, reads, “in yet another instance of federal overreach, the Biden Administration is now bullying many private entities into imposing COVID-19 vaccine mandates, causing workforce disruptions that threaten Texas’ s continued recovery from the COVID- 19 disaster.”

It adds, “countless Texans fear losing their livelihoods because they object to receiving a COVID-19 vaccination for reasons of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19.”

The governor noted in his executive order that the Texas legislature “has taken care to provide exemptions that allow people to opt out of being forced to take a vaccine for reasons of conscience or medical reasons.”

Abbott previously in June signed into law a measure that bans government entities and private businesses from requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition for service or entry. Businesses that don’t comply with the law will not be able to enter any state contracts and will be ineligible to receive a grant.

A previous executive order Abbott signed in April did not cover private businesses with regard to vaccine passports.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I just got thrown out of a bar, not the first time - probably not the last.

I usually try to mind my own business - especially with this COVID nonsense, but tonight I had enough. Probably because it was a rough day at the office.

I went out to eat with the wife, we are both vaccinated. We walked up to the door and she had her mask on, I did not. Host asked me to put it on, I did. We went inside, had dinner and a drink or two. Host was walking around, talking to people without his mask on. "I said rules for thee, not for me". He said some shit, I said some shit, they asked us to leave.

PS:

The food sucked and my Yuengling was flat.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They are intentionally sinking our economy in broad daylight.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good for you Rev. A. that brought a smile to my morning face. Have a good day my brother! Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
“The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective, and our best defense against the virus, but should remain voluntary and never forced,” Abbott said in a statement upon issuing the order.

Well, at least he got that part right, and I appreciate it.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:

I usually try to mind my own business - especially with this COVID nonsense, but tonight I had enough. Probably because it was a rough day at the office.

I went out to eat with the wife, we are both vaccinated. We walked up to the door and she had her mask on, I did not. Host asked me to put it on, I did. We went inside, had dinner and a drink or two. Host was walking around, talking to people without his mask on. "I said rules for thee, not for me". He said some shit, I said some shit, they asked us to leave.

PS:

I hope that they asked you to leave before presenting the bill.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
About a month ago I was threatened with removal from the Centurion lounge at Philadelphia Airport. But it wasn't just an idle "please wear your mask or we'll ask you to leave." No, this frothing at the mouth 5 foot nothing meatball of a woman nearly yelled it at me with an airport cop in tow. And this wasn't a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th warning. No, this was the first time this visit that this woman said anything to me.

What happened was she was harassing two guys sitting to the right of me who she was constantly telling to put their masks on between sips of their drinks and bites of their food. Each time we would share a look like, "this crazy broad." I happened to be literally eating every time she passed by so wasn't harassed. Well, I stood up, put my mask on (as I did wear it when walking around the lounge), got an espresso, put it at my seat, then went to the bathroom. When I came back, the two guys were gone. I figured they left to catch their flight. I then removed my mask to take a sip of my espresso, and wham! This bitch was on me like a rabid dog. This is when she threatened to kick me out. I calmly said, "ma'am, I am literally taking a sip of my espresso." "Oh no, I saw you talking to those two. I just had them removed by this officer here, and you'll be next if you don't start following the rules!" It was then I noticed the airport cop standing 5 feet behind her. She was furious and said I need to keep the mask on and just pull it down between sips. I laughed and said this is ridiculous and that I'm leaving. I then got her name and headed off to the Sky Club where they don't harrass me.

This isn't the first time I've had words with this particular lounge manager, but it was the first incident that particular visit, and the first time she's threatened removal by police force. I had intended to contact Amex but haven't yet. I wish I had. Anyway, we'll see what happens in two weeks when I'm back in there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
COVID expert Dr. Peter McCullough urges ‘unbreakable resistance’ to vaccines for kids

This ‘can’t be about COVID at this stage,’ he said. It’s about ‘some type of totalitarian takeover that’s occurred all over the world. Something very dark is going on.’

https://www.lifesitenews.com/n...ews&utm_campaign=usa

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Hi Rev

Sorry for your experience.

Most of NC is pretty reasonable but the larger urban centers are hotbeds of liberal insanity.

In my small town, Apex, the mayor (former cop and all around good guy) told the police not to enforce any mandates, state or county.

You see all sorts of petty tyrants emerge in this madness (see Alan's post above re airport lounge female Napolean).

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:

PS:

I hope that they asked you to leave before presenting the bill.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post