SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
The attorney said that some information is not deemed classified until it is transmitted outside of the State Department.

Like others have said, this is pure bullshit lies.

Very scary that a statement like this isn't publicly ravaged by a horde of govt people and news people.

I would love to hear one single item ever judged unclassified within DOS and classified once leaving. That just isn't true with any information.

On the plus side, I'm hoping this scandal tarnishes DOS by their disgusting covering for Bills wife. They are an American hating institution who needs a "firehose in the elephant pen" type clean up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
quote:
The attorney said that some information is not deemed classified until it is transmitted outside of the State Department.

Like others have said, this is pure bullshit lies.

Very scary that a statement like this isn't publicly ravaged by a horde of govt people and news people.

I would love to hear one single item ever judged unclassified within DOS and classified once leaving. That just isn't true with any information.

On the plus side, I'm hoping this scandal tarnishes DOS by their disgusting covering for Bills wife. They are an American hating institution who needs a "firehose in the elephant pen" type clean up.

I agree 100%. I'm hoping the FBI expands their criminal investigation to senior DOS officials that would have known about Clinton's illegal behavior and failed to report it.

I remember when Reagan was president and read about the State Dept. supporting the communist dictatorship of Robert Mugabe instead of the democratic rebels led by Jonas Savimbi in what was then Rhodesia. I couldn't fathom how DOS could operate that way with Reagan at the helm.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Reading this (Trey Gowdy comments), it doesn't seem that congress has much effective power in these investigations.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...that-im-entitled-to/

Trey Gowdy: “I’m going to be interviewing” Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “on October 22nd without all the documents that I’m entitled to”

"there were 15 emails to and from Sidney Blumenthal that she also never turned over to the State Department"

"They gave us, on Friday, over 1,000 pages of her emails that they had never before given us.

In fact, it was a larger amount of emails that they gave us Friday, than what they gave us earlier in the year when they claimed to give us everything.

So, less than a month before Secretary Clinton comes before the committee, and three years after Benghazi, the State Department is still producing emails.”

"They gave a Vaughn Index as part of the litigation, there are definitely Benghazi emails that they have not turned over, and they’re not going to turn them over.

They cite attorney-client privilege, because Cheryl Mills was an attorney .

So, we would have to go to court for two years to be able to access that. … Well, you and I, if we were ever in the administration, we would just make sure and hire a chief of staff who happened to be an attorney, so we never had to turn anything over."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
three different items in this post

The person who did the initial screening of Clinton's emails was Heather Samuelson.

She has worked for Hillary her whole professional life.

With the revelation that some work related emails did not get sent to the Benghazi committee, the committee wants to talk to her.

It would be good to know exactly what key word filters that Samuelson used.

http://www.politico.com/story/...ails-benghazi-214188

"It is unclear where she is now, but a Maryland State Bar Association listing shows her address is now in Brooklyn, N.Y., which is also where Hillary for America is headquartered."

amazing isn't it, the news media cannot even locate the person who actually screened the emails.

It has been reported that the Clinton's are moving to have Chelsea run the Clinton Foundation. The Foundation was renamed "The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation"

This sounds like a move to put the Foundation in the background if Hillary gets elected. The Foundation would have unprecedented power and influence if Hillary was president.

Michelle Obama took a shot at Bill Clinton in an appearance on the Colbert show.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/a...inton-s-expense.html

Colbert asked Michelle Obama if she would leave a letter for Bill Clinton if Hillary won the White House.

Mrs. Obama said she would.

“I would say, ‘Follow your passion, just be you,’” she replied very safely.
“I think he does,” Colbert said, to roaring laughter from those imagining Bill Clinton’s famously philandering past.

“I think he would,” she replied, flashing a smile at Colbert and chuckling as he clenched his fist in a display of mock-virility.

“I mean that in the best possible way,” Colbert said hurriedly.

“I didn’t say… I’m just sitting here,” Mrs. Obama said, washing her hands of the germs of innuendo.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
State Dept: Clinton email storage safe not secure for some messages...

It just keeps getting better for HilBot...this State Department clown show ain't going away...

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...e-for-some-messages/

WASHINGTON – The State Department has told Senate investigators that it didn't provide Hillary Rodham Clinton's lawyer with a secure-enough method to read now-highly classified material from her homebrew email server because it didn't anticipate that the messages would be deemed so secret.

In July, State Department officials installed a safe at the office of attorney David Kendall after the government determined some of Clinton's emails may have contained classified information. But it said last week the safe wasn't suitable for so-called top secret, sensitive compartmented information, known as TS/SCI, which the government has said was found in some messages.

Assistant Secretary of State Julia Frifield wrote to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley on Sept. 22 that "while the safe was suitable for up to (top secret) information, it was not approved for TS/SCI material" because the material wasn't held in a facility set up for discussing highly secret information, known as a SCIF, or sensitive compartmented information facility.

Those questions were not an issue at the time the safe was installed because "there was no indication that the emails might contain TS or TS/SCI material," Frifield wrote in the letter obtained by The Associated Press. Kendall has a top secret security clearance.

The State Department's letter underscores how even the nation's diplomatic apparatus didn't anticipate Clinton, a Democratic presidential candidate, would have sent or received such highly sensitive information on her private email server while secretary of state. Questions about her use of such a server have at times dominated her White House run.

Kendall and a Clinton spokesman did not immediately return messages seeking comment Monday.

Will the Hillary Clinton email scandal derail her campaign?
Bill Clinton blames Republicans, media for extending wife Hillary's email controversy
Will the Hillary Clinton email scandal derail her campaign?
"It shows how badly the wires were crossed" between the State Department, which didn't anticipate any of the emails would be top secret, and the intelligence community, which decided they were classified, said Steven Aftergood, a government secrecy expert at the Federation of American Scientists.

The State Department also said it was unaware of whether anyone's security clearances were suspended pending an investigation into possible improper handling of classified information, one of several questions posed by Grassley, R-Iowa. Such an action is not uncommon amid such classification reviews, said Bradley Moss, a Washington lawyer who deals regularly with security clearance matters.

The AP in March first discovered that Clinton ran her server off an Internet connection traced to her Chappaqua, New York, home. Clinton later confirmed she operated the server for convenience but did not provide details on how well the basement server was backed up or how adequately it was protected from hackers.

Since then, the State Department has indicated through Freedom of Information Act releases of Clinton's emails that dozens of messages that passed through her private server were later deemed classified. Most messages released so far have been marked "confidential," the lowest level of U.S. government classification.

But two emails, although not marked classified at the time they were sent, have since been slapped with a "TK" marking, for the "talent keyhole" compartment, suggesting material obtained by spy satellites, according to the inspector general for the intelligence community. They also were marked "NOFORN," meaning information that can only be shared with Americans with security clearances.

One email included a discussion of a U.S. drone strike, part of a covert program that is nevertheless widely known. A second conversation could have improperly referred to highly classified material, but it also could have reflected information collected independently, U.S. officials who have reviewed the correspondence told the AP.

Clinton has since apologized for using a private server and said she's provided copies of all the messages she was required to turn over. She reiterated in a recent interview that she didn't "send or receive any material marked 'classified.' We dealt with classified material on a totally different system. I dealt with it in person."

Since earlier this year, government investigators — and her political adversaries in particular — have focused on Clinton's email practices that effectively bypassed government-run systems. Also potentially at issue is whether Clinton withheld any work-related emails from the roughly 30,000 messages she provided to the State Department.

The AP is one of several organizations that have sued the State Department for records during her tenure, including emails to and from Clinton and her former top aides.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34072 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:
quote:
Mills’ spokesperson also disputed the notion that the information would have been classified when it was sent. The attorney said that some information is not deemed classified until it is transmitted outside of the State Department.

“Information that is considered unclassified when discussed inside the State Department can later be deemed classified when it is being released outside of the Department,” said the attorney.

This person needs some serious training on how to handle classified material. It becomes classified at inception. The moment it is written down or saved, it becomes controlled material, to prevent an accidental release.

True that, otherwise the janitorial staff could attend secret briefings...or briefings that would be secret is you talked about them outside the DoS

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10364 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assistant Secretary of State Julia Frifield wrote to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley on Sept. 22 that "while the safe was suitable for up to (top secret) information, it was not approved for TS/SCI material" because the material wasn't held in a facility set up for discussing highly secret information, known as a SCIF, or sensitive compartmented information facility.

This is again misdirection; “Concentrate on the Lawyer’s Safe that we are twisting in front of your eyes don’t look at the obvious”.

Back in the earlier pages of this posting we discussed the fact that nothing about the entire set-up from the basement server, to where someone removed message headings and posted emails, through where Hillary read the emails containing this TS/SCI information, comes remotely close to a SCIF or proper chain of custody.
Further you can bet that these emails were not read before deleting or saving in a SCIF, and probably not by a properly cleared person. They were then printed out, boxed, and sent by Hillary’s Person to State and again read by someone not properly cleared.

Unless things have changed immeasurably since I was involved, this is simply not how things are done. TS/SCI information is very carefully handled, logged in and out, looked at in special areas (called SCIF) notes taken are immediately classified, and someone is directly responsible for it at every stage.

This is an unmitigated security disaster caused by one willful female harpy and her enablers.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those questions were not an issue at the time the safe was installed because "there was no indication that the emails might contain TS or TS/SCI material," Frifield wrote in the letter obtained by The Associated Press. Kendall has a top secret security clearance.

Doesn't matter if he is cleared for items classified top secret; if he isn't read into, with need to know, specially compartmentalized information, he cant handle the TS/SCI material.

With all the realization of the headache being caused by BCW choice to operate a private server for her official duties, perhaps we need a directive from Congress that all communications conducting in the course of the governments media will occur through government controlled channels.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
It is easy to get paranoid about anything the Clintons say, but Hillary may have already set up her defense if things are found in the 30,000 "personal" emails.

Both here:

http://www.nationalreview.com/...-lies-lies-more-lies

and other reports note that Clinton has repeated the DoJ position that it is the government employee's responsibility to determine what is personal and what is work related.

So is she in trouble if the FBI can recover work emails from the "personal" emails on her server ?

When asked by Chuck Todd whether she could say with 100 percent certainty that she didn’t delete anything that she was supposed to preserve, Mrs. Clinton responded:

All I can tell you is that when my attorneys conducted this exhaustive process, I [did] not participate. . . . I didn’t look at them.”

"That explains why Mrs. Clinton could not swear to a federal court that all of her official records had been returned to the State Department, instead merely asserting “on information and belief” that her lawyers had complied with her instructions."

"More questions are likely to come from Mrs. Clinton’s latest explanations. She told Todd, for instance, that she “do[es] not communicate with the [Clinton] foundation.” Reports that Sidney Blumenthal was being paid $10,000 a month by the Clinton Foundation while surreptitiously advising Hillary Clinton would seem to directly contradict her claim."

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't forger her other fallbacks -

- She claims to know nothing about technology

- She claims Habbedin sorted through her emails for her in response to the Congressional inquiry

- She didn't have physical custody of the server

- The server was moved at one point, and who knows what might have fallen out of it during the move? Razz

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you lose stuff when you move.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, you lose stuff when you move.

You get speeding tickets too....

quote:
Foxnews

Hackers linked to Russia attempted at least five times to gain access to Hillary Clinton’s private email account while she was secretary of state, according to emails released Wednesday.

Clinton originally received the infected emails, disguised as speeding tickets, over four hours on the morning of Aug. 3, 2011. The infected emails instructed recipients to print the attached tickets, which would have allowed hackers to take control of their computers.

< snip >

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I like to rummage around in the State Dept virtual reading room of the released HC emails. A new batch was just released 30 Sept.

The first one of the new releases that randomly caught my interest was from Cheryl Mills to HC with the subject Bangladesh.

here it is:

The entire email chain is redacted. Eight separate people are on the various parts of the emails.

And Hillary Clinton just keeps saying nothing was ever classified.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
While I still haven't totally digested this article, the first impression is that Platte River has been playing carefully worded games with their statements about HC's server.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/new...article37968711.html

The letter also recounts a series of events that led an employee of Colorado-based Platte River Networks to air suspicions in an email as to whether “this whole thing really is covering up some shaddy shit,” according to an excerpt of an email cited by Johnson, who is chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

On May 31, 2013, four months after Clinton left office, the Clinton Executive Service Corp., which oversaw her email server contracts, hired Platte River to maintain her account. Its New Jersey-based server replaced the server in the basement of her New York home that handled her emails as secretary of state.

At the same time, Platte River retained Datto to set up a virtual backup server that could provide immediate recovery if the primary server failed, Johnson said in his letter. Datto says it offers two kinds of backup storage: a private cloud virtual server that takes data from a server and converts it into “virtual machines that can be booted instantly,” and an off-site “secure cloud.”

The Clinton firm chose the private cloud virtual server for Platte River to manage, Johnson wrote.

However, documents obtained by the committee show “confusion” among Platte River employees when they realized that data from Clinton’s server “was potentially being sent to Datto’s off-site location,” Johnson wrote.

Several weeks ago, Platte River employees discovered that her private server was syncing with an off-site Datto server, he said.

When Datto acknowledged the issue via email, a Platte River employee replied: “this is a problem.”

The letter also noted that Platte River employees were directed to reduce the amount of email data being stored with each backup. Late this summer, Johnson wrote, a Platte River employee took note of this change and inquired whether the company could search its archives for an email from Clinton Executive Service Corp. directing such a reduction in October or November 2014 and then again around February, advising Platte River to save only emails sent during the most recent 30 days.

Those reductions would have occurred after the State Department requested that Clinton turn over her emails.

It was here that the Platte River employee voiced suspicions about a cover-up and sought to protect the company. “If we have it in writing that they told us to cut the backups,” the employee wrote, “and that we can go public with our statement saying we have had backups since day one, then we were told to trim to 30 days, it would make us look a WHOLE LOT better,” according to an email cited by Johnson.

In the letter to Austin McChord, Datto’s chief executive officer, Johnson asked the firm to produce copies of all communications it had relating to Clinton’s server, including Platte River and the Clinton firm.” He also asked whether Datto and its employees were authorized to store and view classified information.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
http://www.hannity.com/article...llary-being-14007989

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38857 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Oh, if she hasn't already got a criminal defense lawyer on tap, she's already waaaay the hell behind the curve.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
On May 31, 2013, four months after Clinton left office, the Clinton Executive Service Corp., which oversaw her email server contracts, hired Platte River to maintain her account. Its New Jersey-based server replaced the server in the basement of her New York home that handled her emails as secretary of state.

Server-Server who has the server????

This statement says to me clearly that the Platte River server is not, repeat, is not, the original server used during the period that Clinton was a State.

So again I see multiple servers. The famous basement server almost certainly was backed up somehow, some place.

Now it transpires that the Platte River Server and back-up was being backed up. Of course the Platte River time period is not germane to the problem since she was out of office at that time, unless of course Platte River backed up the entire four year contents of the basement server, assuming that the entire four years, absent the first two months, were on that basement server.

This is all a hackers dream, and of course it was hacked once, probably many times. Putin probably keeps a backup copy in his basement.

My, my, would I like to be investigating this mess with Federal Subpoenas in hand and lots of Agents to chase down loose ends.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Tick-Tock....Tick-Tock.....Tick-Tock.....

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reading this (Trey Gowdy comments), it doesn't seem that congress has much effective power in these investigations.

Trey Gowdy: “I’m going to be interviewing” Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “on October 22nd without all the documents that I’m entitled to”

I'm missing part of the picture, and it's nagging at me a bit. Nobody's up for reelection until November 2016. We've had extensive publicity of the point that emails have been bled to the Committee, have been suddenly "discovered" and have been found (IIUC) independently by the FBI. The Dems themselves seem to be buzzing about the whole thing, with Hillary's travails being the backdrop to just about every article out there on the possibility of Biden running for office.

Why would the committee not simply keep hauling Hill the Pill into hearings every time they put together a fresh batch of emails? Just be friendly, cheerful and patient with her once they've got her seated and under oath and she'll either crack here and there or perhaps flip her wig outright.

As for Cheryl Mills being an attorney, do we actually have any sort of reason to believe she's acted as an attorney or counselor for Hillary in relation to this particular mess? The attorney-client privilege is broad, but not entirely without limits.