SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
It's like "Goodfellas" but none of the characters are particularly likable.

More like these characters are real criminals.

The difference between organized crime and disorganized crime, perhaps?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Bill might be mad about this too:

http://www.politico.com/story/...-janet-yellen-214091

The Clinton Foundation invited everyone from Pope Francis and Leonardo DiCaprio to Bill de Blasio and Janet Yellen to its showcase gathering starting Saturday in New York City, according to multiple sources familiar with the planning.

But those invitations were among the dozens turned down by all manner of celebrities, dignitaries and donors, according to the sources, who said the controversies swirling around the foundation and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign have made some bold-faced names and donors wary of the foundation.

The glitzy Clinton Global Initiative gathering in New York, which has the lofty title “The Future of Impact,” was supposed to have been a celebration of the accomplishments of the $2-billion Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation’s past work as it pivots towards a future with Chelsea Clinton at the helm.

a handful of corporate donors have dropped their sponsorships, and sources who have recruited participants for CGI say it’s become increasingly difficult to raise money from large companies for meetings in which executives would just as likely appear on panels with Chelsea Clinton, rather than one of her parents

the foundation had hoped to land either Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen or French economist Thomas Piketty to deliver a presentation on income inequality. Both declined, as did Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Rock legend Elton John was invited to receive an award for his efforts to fight AIDS, but he’s not coming, and neither is New York City Mayor de Blasio. He had been invited as a guest rather than as a speaker and notably has refused to endorse Clinton, despite having managed her successful U.S. Senate campaign in 2000.

Likewise, a White House spokesman said President Barack Obama’s decision to skip CGI for the first time since taking office stemmed from his busy schedule ―

British Prime Minister David Cameron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel were among the foreign heads of state who turned down invitations

Among those who are scheduled to appear are Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.

At least five major companies that sponsored the 2014 Clinton Global Initiative have backed out of sponsoring this year’s meeting.

The sprawling 2,000-employee Clinton Foundation is also looking to become more internally efficient under its new CEO, former Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala.

When the money stream is interrupted Bill becomes furious.

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that if the House Benghazi committee had not pushed and pushed, the Clinton Team would have completely gotten away with their tricks about the private email and server.

The Clinton Team almost pulled this off without anyone knowing.

Except people like the Romanian hacker Guccifer.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I spent a little time looking at Huma Abedin's history.

She is a muslim. Born in Michigan. Parents moved the family to Saudi Arabia when she was 2.

She came back to the U.S. at 18 to attend George Washington University. Started working for Hillary while she was still in college.

She appears to be Hillary's executive secretary.

When HC became Sec State in 2009, Huma became a State Sept employee as GS 15 step 10 ($153 k per year)

In 2011, 35 y.o. Huma was made ES00 at $ 164k per year (I think this is Senior Executive Service level. Quite high in the federal govt)

Then in 2012, Huma was made a Special Govt Employee which allowed her to also work for private industry where her total salary jumped to 500k or so.

From Wiki:

Her father was an Islamic and Middle Eastern scholar. He graduated from Aligarh Muslim University

posted Hide Post
It's the period between 2 months and 18 years old that you develop your values and moral compass. These people are Americans in name only, they haven't been exposed to and raised with our value system during their formative years.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13492 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We like to think of the non political professionals in DOJ, fidelity to the law and the profession etc., but after reading the account of the prosecution in New Orleans of the police officers who killed some civilians in the Katrina mess, I am not as confident as I once was. That sordid fiasco revealed some real nut jobs working as US Attorneys, and in DOJ as supervisory types, appalling nonsense gotten away with in the "confidentiality" that surrounds each side of litigation and furnishes cover for abuse

My mind keeps going back to the DoJ indictment and prosecution of Sen. Ted Stevens. The DoJ attorneys involved and their supervisors should all be flipping burgers or greeting at Walmart.

Instead, if still not at DoJ or another mega.gov department, they are happily plying their trade in some elite DC/NYC law firm and looking forward to partnerships.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
The DoJ attorneys involved and their supervisors should all be flipping burgers or greeting at Walmart.

Please: Do not disgrace burger-flippers and Walmart employees by the association.
They tried to destroy a man’s life, and they deserve nothing less: The US needs the equivalent of Devil’s Island, and that’s where they should be for the rest of their lives.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47699 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. We have a couple of steamy little islands off the Carolinas, don't we? Or maybe the odd patch of mangrove hell somewhere around Florida?

Come to think of it, where are them escaped pythons at?

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tying this back to the OP, the reason that we can expect no help from State or DoJ regarding the email issue is that when caught red handed violating Laws and Regulations, employees skate, or get promoted.

Which if I recall is exactly what happened to those “reprimanded” about failures in the aftermath of Benghazi.

Employees have more to gain than to fear from slow walking requests from Congress.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
HC: just lie your ass off. Double talk. Lies. Say the same bullshit over and over. Just keep giggling when you respond

If you want a good laugh, watch the 3 short videos of HC being interviewed by Chuck Todd

The 2nd and 3rd video are priceless .

http://hotair.com/archives/201...andal-to-chuck-todd/

BTW the Clinton Team always mentions that when they turned over the 7000 emails, the State Dept sent some back because they were personal, not work related. Please. What an obvious opportunity for the crooks.

I suspect they intentionally threw a bunch of personal emails back to State, just so they could then say look - we were sooooo thorough we even filtered in some personal emails.

HC is right on one thing. She is very "transparent".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
She is so bad at lying. My goodness, she has to be insane to think anyone believes her.

Posts: 17644 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Some people think they can win arguments if they exhaust whoever they're arguing with by insisting on bullshit. Hill's shtick is just a variant - she won't bother arguing with anyone, she just hopes she can exhaust us with a one-way stream of her unrelenting bullshit.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Wanted to bump once to highlight the post 3 above this one.

Incredible bad answers from HC during her interview w Chuck Todd yesterday.

This should be ammunition for attack ads.

Listen carefully to her "answers". Chuck Todd knows she is completely unable to respond coherently.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clinton Aide Shared Classified Information With Foundation, Email Shows

BY: Alana Goodman
September 28, 2015 5:00 am

A member of Hillary Clinton’s staff at the Department of State emailed classified information about the government in Congo to a staffer at the Clinton Foundation in 2012, according to a copy of the correspondence obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s chief of staff at the State Department, sent the email to the Clinton Foundation’s foreign policy director, Amitabh Desai, on July 12, 2012.

The message, which was originally obtained by the group Citizens United through a public records request, is partially redacted because it includes “foreign government information” that has been classified as “Confidential” by the State Department.

Although the information was not marked classified by the State Department until this past summer, intelligence sources tell the Free Beacon that it would have been classified at the time Mills sent it because “foreign government information” is considered classified from inception.

The message could add to concerns from congressional and FBI investigators about whether former Secretary Clinton and her aides mishandled classified information while at the State Department.

The email, which discussed the relationship between the governments in Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo, was originally drafted by Johnnie Carson, the State Department’s assistant secretary for African affairs, who sent it to Mills’ State Department email address.

Mills later forwarded the full message to Desai along with “talking points for Presient [sic] Clinton” shortly before Bill Clinton was scheduled to visit the region.

About half of the forwarded message was redacted due to its classified nature before the State Department released it to Citizens United last month. Although it is not clear what the redacted section includes, the State Department said in a court motion filed last week that it “concerns both foreign government information and critical aspects of U.S. foreign relations, including U.S. foreign activities carried out by officials of the U.S. Government.”

The State Department added that the “disclosure of this information has the potential to damage and inject friction into our bilateral relationship with African countries whose cooperation is important to U.S. national security.”

The Clinton Foundation and the State Department did not respond to request for comment about the email, or say whether Desai—a non-government employee who has worked at the foundation since 2007—would have been authorized to view “Confidential” information.

Mills currently sits on the board of the Clinton Foundation. She previously served on the board until a month after she joined the State Department in 2009.

An attorney for Mills said that she never knowingly transmitted classified information, and would presume that any information sent to her unclassified State Department email address—as opposed to through the department’s secure email system—was unclassified.

“When a subject matter sent the information on the unclassified system, [Mills] presumed it was unclassified,” said the attorney. ”She never knowingly transmitted classified information.”

Mills’ spokesperson also disputed the notion that the information would have been classified when it was sent. The attorney said that some information is not deemed classified until it is transmitted outside of the State Department.

“Information that is considered unclassified when discussed inside the State Department can later be deemed classified when it is being released outside of the Department,” said the attorney.

Intelligence experts have told the Free Beacon and other media outlets that “foreign government information” is one of the few categories of information that is automatically presumed classified from the time the U.S. government receives it, because it is so diplomatically sensitive.

Foreign government information is “born classified,” J. William Leonard, a former director of the U.S. Information Security Oversight Office, told Reuters in August.

The controversy over Clinton’s use of a private email server while at the State Department has been dogging her presidential bid since it was first revealed by the New York Times earlier this spring.

The Democratic frontrunner has turned over many of her emails in response to a State Department request and congressional inquiries. However, she has said that any emails that were deemed “personal” were deleted from her server.

The FBI is currently attempting to recover the deleted emails as part of an investigation into her server, according to reports.

Clinton declined to say whether the FBI investigation could uncover additional damaging revelations, during an interview with Chuck Todd of Meet the Press on Sunday.

“All I can tell you is that when my attorneys conducted this exhaustive process [of deleting personal emails], I did not participate,” said Clinton.

Clinton is scheduled to testify before Congress on the email issue in October.

Citizens United president David Bossie said the latest news reveals the ways in which the Clintons’s various interests intersect.

“The tangled web that is Clinton, Inc.—the State Department, the Clinton Foundation, and Teneo—is coming more and more into focus every day. Classified information moving from the State Department to the Clinton Foundation is extremely problematic—we’ll see if there’s a pattern here,” Bossie said.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32032 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mills’ spokesperson also disputed the notion that the information would have been classified when it was sent. The attorney said that some information is not deemed classified until it is transmitted outside of the State Department.

“Information that is considered unclassified when discussed inside the State Department can later be deemed classified when it is being released outside of the Department,” said the attorney.

Umm...except we are talking about the fact that the email was sent outside the State Dept. the above confirms the mis-handling of classified info, it doesn't provide a defense. If all of these clowns had just been sending emails to each other within the State dept. on State Dept. systems none of this would be a problem in the first place.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:

This person needs some serious training on how to handle classified material. It becomes classified at inception. The moment it is written down or saved, it becomes controlled material, to prevent an accidental release.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
“All I can tell you is that when my attorneys conducted this exhaustive process [of deleting personal emails], I did not participate,” said Clinton.

Classic Clinton. There are a army of Clinton soldiers that are going to fall before this ever touches her.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8621 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
"I didn't do it, you didn't see me, you can't prove a thing!"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remember guys these sorts of, half-truths, evasions, prevarications, and outright lies are not being told for our benefit, or any other rational person’s.

They are told to give the declining number of Clinton Supporters a smoke screen to cover their continued support.

They also can be used for quick quotes in the NY Times and MSNBC and the like again for cover.

By now almost everyone realizes that this is an epic disaster. If there were any truth and honesty in the Executive Branch of the US Government, Hillary would be out of the race and looking at serious jail time. Actually had there been truth and honesty this private email stuff would have been nipped in the bud in about the first month.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
The attorney said that some information is not deemed classified until it is transmitted outside of the State Department.

Like others have said, this is pure bullshit lies.

Very scary that a statement like this isn't publicly ravaged by a horde of govt people and news people.