SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Washington Post reports that the FBI is interacting with Datto Inc in addition to Platte River.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...d62b53e28_story.html

The FBI’s probe into the security of Hillary Rodham Clinton’s e-mail has expanded to include a second private technology company, which said Tuesday it plans to provide the law enforcement agency with data it preserved from Clinton’s account.

Datto’s work on the Clinton e-mail system became public Tuesday when the Republican chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee sent the company a lengthy letter seeking information about the role it and other firms played in managing the Clinton e-mail system.

“Datto is working with the FBI to provide data in conjunction with its investigation,” said Michael Fass, general counsel at Datto.

Fass said Datto had received consent to turn over data from the Clintons and from Platte River. A Datto official said the FBI would receive a “node,” a piece of hardware the company housed in Pennsylvania that allowed it to store data on its cloud.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Seems a little late, but this is the type of action that is appropriate for a real investigation.

http://freebeacon.com/politics...clinton-email-probe/

The FBI has seized four State Department computer servers as part of its probe into how classified information was compromised on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email system, according to people familiar with the investigation.

The four servers, which were located at the State Department’s headquarters building, were seized by the FBI several weeks ago.

They are being checked by technical forensic analysts charged with determining how Top Secret material was sent to Clinton’s private email by State Department aides during her tenure as secretary from 2009 to 2013, said two people familiar with the probe. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because it is an ongoing investigation.

The FBI is primarily concerned with trying to determine how Top Secret information made its way on to the private server.

The State Department has confirmed to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) in a related development that Clinton currently holds a security clearance for Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information, the highest-level security clearance.

The department said Clinton’s clearance was “revalidated” after she left office in 2013 and was done so as part of a standard practice allowing former high-ranking officials to be granted access to secrets.

why would the FBI not also concerned w the SECRET and CONFIDENTIAL material ?

I hope they are not ignoring the hundreds of issues to just look at 2 emails.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
technical forensic analysts charged with determining how Top Secret material was sent to Clinton’s private email by State Department aides during her tenure as secretary from 2009 to 2013, said two people familiar with the probe.

Don't worry Mrs. Clinton we will find those bastards who sent classified information to your private server!
See where this is going?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8556 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The department said Clinton’s clearance was “revalidated” after she left office in 2013 and was done so as part of a standard practice allowing former high-ranking officials to be granted access to secrets.

Oh, boy. So is she still getting emails? And are they now going to yet another unprotected server that's located who knows where?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Oh, boy. So is she still getting emails? And are they now going to yet another unprotected server that's located who knows where?

Silly me! I had the belief that once a person left gubbermint employment that their clearance was cancelled, and they had no right to see anything after they left.

I have held up to TS, TS Crypto, and secret clearances. When I was no longer involved in that work, the clearance was deactivated!

This smacks of more state department shenanigans to cover themselves and the hildabeast.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25648 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In fairness, it's not all that unusual for senior brass to keep some kind of clearances in place, just because it's not all that unusual for retired senior brass to be called in for consultations with current staff and the White House.

On one hand, ol' Hill's kind of a poster child for the argument that we shouldn't do that. OTOH, ol' Hill's kind of a poster child for the argument that ol' Hill should never have been granted access to either sensitive information or a position where she would have access to sensitive information. I do kind of wonder, though, how many of the retired brass wind up using that access for nongovernmental purposes.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Of course it isn’t unusual for former high-ranking officials to continue to be granted access to sensitive information, especially if the same Administration that they worked for is still in office. Like it or don’t, some animals are more equal than others, and there’s a vast difference between former cabinet-level officials and most former members of the armed forces.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47469 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course it isn’t unusual for former high-ranking officials to continue to be granted access to sensitive information, especially if the same Administration that they worked for is still in office.

Especially when the ex-Secretary is heir presumptive to the office of POTUS and so soon will be the big boss. Add to that the particular ex-Secretary is a notoriously bad person to cross in any respect.

My questions would start with;
What level of supposedly secure information was shared with the ex-Secretary?
What arrangement was made to assure that secure information was properly handled at the receiving end?
How long did this last before some responsible person (assuming such exists in the State Department) thought to question the complete lack of security involved in using open unencrypted email and servers placed in someone’s John?

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I was giving Platte River the benefit of the doubt because maybe they didn't know much about the details of the email system. But now I think this company need to have some deep scrutiny and if charges are warranted, they should be prosecuted.

Besides the Datto server mentioned above, it is also being reported that Platte River had another device associated with the Clinton server.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10...clintons-it-company/

Platte River Networks has already given the FBI the server Clinton maintained as secretary of state. Now, the small IT firm will hand over a separate device manufactured by a Connecticut-based company called Datto Inc.

“The data device is a simple device that sat next to the server,” Platte River spokesman Andy Boian told TheDC in a phone interview.

Boian said that the Datto device could be handed over as early as Wednesday and that the FBI requested it earlier this week.

He also said that the company asked Clinton’s team to approve the hand-over of the second piece of hardware and that they complied.

The second handover raises the question of why, if it was so important to Clinton’s email configuration, it wasn’t turned over sooner.

“We were asked by the FBI to turn over the server, so we complied with the request,” Boian said. “That’s all that was asked for.”

Platte River knows this is an investigation into classified material. Responses such as “That’s all that was asked for.” do not sound like cooperation.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In response to people questioning her job as Sec of State, Hillary sent copies of her book "Hard Choices" to the Republican candidates. As expected, this action became fodder for funny zinngers thrown at her. I like this one from the Carson campaign:

“We wondered what she was going to do with all of those unsold copies. But after skimming the book it is now clear that dismal sales were caused by not properly classifying the book as fiction.” Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16827 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Trey Gowdy sends Elijah Cummings a very blunt letter.

link to the letter is in the first para of this article:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/...e-libya_1042610.html

parts of the ltr to Cummings:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Trey Gowdy sends Elijah Cummings a very blunt letter.

link to the letter is in the first para of this article:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/...e-libya_1042610.html

You should read that letter, carefully, to get a feel for what is really going on behind closed doors, for years.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
That letter is eye opening to say the least

Posts: 833 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wow.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16827 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Wow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FizCq29sEq0

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31559 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Sidney Blumenthal had his hooks into Hillary during the Libyan uprising against Quaddhafi against the express orders of President Obama in order to get her to facilitate a contract with mercenaries!?!? Aaaannd there's a smoking gun to go with it?

You better believe that "[t]he revelations in these new emails raise the likelihood that the Committee will need to bring back Sidney Blumenthal to reopen his deposition"!

Oh, the fireworks we have coming...

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Were these recent letter Gowdy references part of the originally released 30k that has slowly been trickling out of State, or are they from the 30k BCW said were about yoga schedules and personal business? I'm unclear which batch birthed these new revelations.

Everything about the forgotten war in Libya felt shady as hell. I hope more spills out.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ish-Abedin-edge.html

Huma and Chelsea competing to be "first lady" in a HC presidency.

A Clinton campaign source revealed that Chelsea and Huma 'are being seriously discussed' for the first lady spot.

This is getting too weird.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were these recent letter Gowdy references part of the originally released 30k that has slowly been trickling out of State

From the article

http://freebeacon.com/national...f-the-books-adviser/

The new revelations were contained in a batch of 1,500 emails from Clinton provided to the committee last month. According to Gowdy, 500 pages of those emails were to or from Blumenthal.

Among the newly revealed emails were a pair of messages from July 2011 in which Blumenthal described efforts to secure Libyan government contracts for Osprey Global Solutions, a company in which Blumenthal has admitted to having a financial interest.

Blumenthal warned Clinton that French companies were looking to scoop up security contracts from the Transitional National Council, the revolutionary government of the Libyan resistance, and plugged Osprey’s ability to be an American counterweight.

Emails also show that Clinton actively promoted security arrangements that might have benefitted Osprey. Blumenthal told Clinton in an April 2011 email that Libyan revolutionary leaders were “considering the possibility of hiring private security firms to help train and organize their forces.”

Clinton forwarded that email to Sullivan, adding, “the idea of using private security experts to arm the opposition should be considered.”

Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btgoanna:
That letter is eye opening to say the least

No doubt. Wow. If the statements in that letter are factual, then there are several more violations of laws and ethics than have already been reported. If this was nearly anyone else in the country, she'd already be charged and been taken to jail. The media and both party's politicians would be clamoring for her to drop out of any and all election campaigns, the media would be hammering this in coverage. It constantly amazes and shocks me what the Clintons can get away with.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post