SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have noticed even Fox is now focusing more on effort on nipping at the heels of Trump than dogging Hillary and this email debacle.
I hope Gowdy puts Hillary in a corner she can't back out of in her upcoming testimony.
But the Clinton's live in a world without corners. Mad

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I have noticed even Fox is now focusing more on effort on nipping at the heels of Trump than dogging Hillary and this email debacle.
I hope Gowdy puts Hillary in a corner she can't back out of in her upcoming testimony.

One can only hope!!

Posts: 4418 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

The news business thrives on controversy and the world runs on bullshit.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We have only seen 7,000 of the 30,000 work related Clinton emails.

It will be interesting to see what the State Dept releases on 1 Oct for the next batch.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
“The State Department, which has failed to comply with multiple Benghazi Committee requests and failed to act in good faith, is now indicating it intends to foster a more cooperative relationship with the committee. It’s curious the Department is suddenly able to be more productive after recent staff changes involving those responsible for document production.”

Waittaminnit. Are you telling me that Congress actually managed to make heads roll over at the State Department?

Unfortunately, that does not say that any heads are rolling at the State Dept. Maybe "eyes," but nothing about "heads rolling." What I'd really rather see is congress holding officials at State for contempt for refusing to produce the documents before. And, to hear that FBI is expanding their investigation to include officials at State regarding this e-mail/classified material scandal for obstruction of justice at the very least for allowing it and failing to report it.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We're gonna need a bigger fork...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29786 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t put much hope in the Benghazi hearings as a way to nail H. Clinton.

Yes, there is clear malfeasance on her part in failing to provide adequate security before the fact, but the blame will be spread far and wide.
Yes, there may be some blame connected to her failure to act during the attack, but again, she has the excuse that others were more responsible, that is the POTUS and the military.
Finally, yes she did join the cover-up, but she only joined the effort, it will be hard to prove that she was the originator of the attempted scam.

Thanks to jallen for this succinct description of the Clinton’s ability to lie their way out of this kind of problem. Hillary not as good as Bill, but she will be coached for the hearing.

quote:
I don't know why they would feel a need to economize. They have always had enough lies to meet any conceivable need and plenty stored up for a long cold snap. Coming up with new ones is getting to be trickier, with so many right wing extremists now paying attention, but hey, when the going gets tough, the tough get going!

In the end it is not important what we think about the Clintons, I don’t imagine they have any supporters here.

What does count is the reaction of her supporters to the continual release of the emails and descriptions of emails not being released (Vaughn Index).

Folks it is not a good time to be Hillary for POTUS, her polls are horrible, even Democrats think her dishonest, and the annual Clinton Global Initiative meeting was noted mostly for those who did not show up and did not cough up.

I seriously doubt that Hillary will serve time or be indicted; she and WJC know where too many bodies are buried. I think though that the Clinton Criminal Enterprise is winding down and soon will be a footnote to history.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Congress holding members of the bureaucracy in contempt a solution?

Congress can certainly do that, and has, but Contempt of Congress is a badge of honor for the proud bureaucrat, who probably gets a raise.

In fact, our Constitutional system is, as G. Washington remarked; designed for a moral people and most bureaucrats are at best amoral.
Most of the current administration believes that any method is proper if BHO’s goals are advanced.

State and the DoJ are doing everything in their collective power to hinder the investigation into Hillary’s emails.

The IRS scandal is an example; the IRS really believes that any steps they can take to screw the Democrat’s opponents are perfectly proper. Naturally, the Congressional Democrats agree.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Some recent reporting is clarifying why Obama disliked Sid Blumenthal so much.

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/16/8...67/sidney-blumenthal

Blumenthal was "obsessed" with the "whitey tape": a hoax originated by ex-CIA officer and ardent Hillary supporter Larry Johnson claiming there was a videotape of Michelle Obama railing against "whitey" at Trinity Church, which the Obama family attended in Chicago.

according to Halperin and Heilemann, Blumenthal and Hillary alike were convinced the tape was real.

Blumenthal also, according to Occidental College political scientist Peter Dreier, sent around emails to "an influential list of opinion shapers" hyping links between Obama and Chicago developer Tony Rezko, Weather Underground militant turned education researcher Bill Ayers, and Frank Marshall Davis, a black left-wing poet whom Obama knew a bit when he was a teenager

Blumenthal was nicknamed "Sulfur-Breathing Spawn of Hell" in the Obama campaign headquarters

too bad McCain didn't hire Blumenthal

Blumenthal's purported role in the anti-Obama attacks wound up costing him a job at the State Department under Hillary.

After reports surfaced that she was planning to bring him on as a counselor, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, "Hell no. If she hires him, I'm out of here."

Senior adviser David Axelrod added, "Me too." Emanuel was left to deliver the bad news to Clinton, who accepted the verdict.

Independent of Blumenthal, there are various reports going on that the 2008 Clinton Team started the issue of doubts of Obama's birth place / citizenship.

Example:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...he-birther-movement/

This is a complicated story where the above article says the Washington Post makes the case and then does a 180 degree switch for the conclusion.

The irony is that Trump is taking extreme heat for his birther comments, but Hillary Clinton may have started the story back in 2008

This is quite an election and we are still over a year out.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
So...the entire process in which Zippy bought his house thru Rezko was just happenstance?

Uh huh..

Nope what we have here is a rabid alley cat fighting a skinny dog with fleas and a crappy disposition.

I'll just watch.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
Is Congress holding members of the bureaucracy in contempt a solution?

Congress can certainly do that, and has, but Contempt of Congress is a badge of honor for the proud bureaucrat, who probably gets a raise.

In fact, our Constitutional system is, as G. Washington remarked; designed for a moral people and most bureaucrats are at best amoral.
Most of the current administration believes that any method is proper if BHO’s goals are advanced.

State and the DoJ are doing everything in their collective power to hinder the investigation into Hillary’s emails.

The IRS scandal is an example; the IRS really believes that any steps they can take to screw the Democrat’s opponents are perfectly proper. Naturally, the Congressional Democrats agree.

It would be if the Department of Justice would do its job and prosecute the contempt citations in court. This is how Eric Holder skated, of course. The emasculation of the DOJ when it comes to libs issues is one of the ongoing scandals of this administration.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Liberty, Freedom,
Rights...and GunFire!
Picture of GunFire
posted Hide Post
Well, I was just waiting for this and here the day has come...

Bill Clinton Blames G.O.P. and Press for Wife’s Email Woes

Former President Bill Clinton blamed Republicans who hope to undercut his wife’s presidential chances and a voracious political news media uninterested in substance for the furor surrounding Hillary Rodham Clinton’s use of a private email account and server while she was secretary of state.

“I have never seen so much expended on so little,” Mr. Clinton said in a taped interview with Fareed Zakaria that is scheduled to be shown Sunday on CNN. The network released excerpts on Saturday afternoon.

“She said she was sorry that her personal email caused all this confusion,” Mr. Clinton said. “And she’d like to give the election back to the American people. I think it will be all right. But it’s obvious what happened.”

Mr. Clinton likened the current inquiries into Mrs. Clinton’s emails to scandals as far back as the Whitewater land deal that plagued his 1992 campaign and his administration.

“This is just something that has been a regular feature of all of our presidential campaigns, except in 2008 for unique reasons,” Mr. Clinton said, without elaborating on why he believed that President Obama had not faced similar Republican-led efforts to derail his candidacy.

“It always happens,” he added. “We’re seeing history repeat itself.”

“The other party doesn’t want to run against her. And if they do, they’d like her as mangled up as possible,” Mr. Clinton said. “And they know that if they leak things and say things, that that is catnip to the people who get bored talking about what’s your position on student loan relief or dealing with the shortage of mental health care, or what to do with the epidemic of prescription drugs and heroin out in America.”

Mr. Clinton also faulted the political press corps, which he said was determined to see a competitive contest. At the beginning of the year, he said, Mrs. Clinton “was the most admired person in public life.”

“What happened?” he added. “The presidential campaign happened. And the nature of the coverage shifted from issue-based to political.”

“You can’t complain,” he said. “This is not — this is a contact sport. They’re not giving the job away. And people who want a race wanted her to drop some, and the people in the other party desperately wanted it because she’s already put out more positions on more issues and said how she would pay for it than, I think, than all the others combined, based on the two — the Republicans, based on the two debates I saw.”

Mr. Clinton, who has kept a relatively low profile in Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign, taped the interview on Thursday in New York in advance of the United Nations General Assembly and the annual Clinton Global Initiative conference.

On Friday, newly discovered emails raised questions about whether Mrs. Clinton had accurately described when she began using the personal email account that she relied on during her tenure at the State Department. (On Sunday, in an interview with “Meet the Press” on NBC, Mrs. Clinton will probably face more questions on the matter.)

Even though the email issue has overshadowed her presidential campaign, Mrs. Clinton, who says she broke no rules or laws, has occasionally made light of the controversy. Mr. Clinton had been among those who initially believed that Mrs. Clinton did not need to apologize for using private email, a practice that was allowed at the time and which he said her political rivals were trying to scandalize.

But Mrs. Clinton has since apologized, and she has repeatedly said she will be as transparent as possible in releasing her emails to the State Department.

Mrs. Clinton’s more contrite approach comes as her favorability and trustworthiness ratings in some polls have fallen in recent months and as Senator Bernie Sanders, her leading opponent for the Democratic nomination, has surged ahead in some polls in Iowa and New Hampshire.

In the CNN interview, Mr. Clinton conjured up a decades-old history of political nefariousness. “Ever since Watergate, something like this happens,” Mr. Clinton said. “And so I’d rather it happen now than later.”

To underscore the partisan nature of the scandal that engulfed his first campaign, Mr. Clinton said Whitewater began only after he received a call from an aide to President George Bush warning him not to challenge the sitting president. “He said, ‘We’ve looked at the field; you are the only one that can win,” Mr. Clinton said. “ ‘The press has to have someone every election. We’re going to give them you. You’d better not run.’ ”

But when Mr. Zakaria asked if the questions about Mrs. Clinton’s emails were a “Republican plot,” Mr. Clinton resisted the term.

“No, I’m not going there, because that’s what the — it’s not a — a plot makes it sound like it’s a secret,” he said. “I think that — that there are lots of people who wanted there to be a race for different reasons. And they thought the only way they could make it a race was a full-scale frontal assault on her. And so this email thing became the biggest story in the world.”

Posts: 1721 | Location: Spetsnaz 2/9/2006, then GunFire --> > > | Registered: December 18, 2010Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
“This is just something that has been a regular feature of all of our presidential campaigns, except in 2008 for unique reasons,” Mr. Clinton said, without elaborating on why he believed that President Obama had not faced similar Republican-led efforts to derail his candidacy.

"Everybody's a victim. Except Barack, 'cause I don't like him."

Interesting. Sort of a kinder, softer version of the "vast right wing conspiracy" gambit? It's more deftly put, I'll give him that.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Clinton also faulted the political press corps, which he said was determined to see a competitive contest.

What the ever living fuck?

He's mad because the media wants the election to be competitive?

Even in the totalitarian states like NORKOR there is competition among the various factions.

I guess he'd prefer a deity anointing or monarchical transfer of power.

Well,Bill, fuck you and the horse you rode in on, you buck toothed, intern-abusing, cross-eyed, twenty-one and a partial chromosome, intellectually deprived, blithering bisexual cis-trans-baboon.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I detest WJC; he is a slimy, crooked SOB with no more morals than an Alley Cat. But lots of people like Alley Cats.

He is absolutely the best at what he does, which is retail Democrat Politics. Nonpareil in fact.

If WJC could stand-in for Hillary, she/he would be on top of the Democrat Polls and coasting to the nomination, emails and all.

We can thank God that she (mostly) has to do this on her own. Ol’ Hill is as bad at politics as Bill is good.

posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be if the Department of Justice would do its job and prosecute the contempt citations in court. This is how Eric Holder skated, of course. The emasculation of the DOJ when it comes to libs issues is one of the ongoing scandals of this administration.

Jallen; I greatly fear that this wheel only turns one way and it is going to be very difficult for the next administration to de-politicize or said another way, re-professionalize, DoJ, the IRS, and EPA.

State has been a lost cause for probably 200 years.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bill might be mad about this too:

http://www.politico.com/story/...-janet-yellen-214091

The Clinton Foundation invited everyone from Pope Francis and Leonardo DiCaprio to Bill de Blasio and Janet Yellen to its showcase gathering starting Saturday in New York City, according to multiple sources familiar with the planning.

But those invitations were among the dozens turned down by all manner of celebrities, dignitaries and donors, according to the sources, who said the controversies swirling around the foundation and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign have made some bold-faced names and donors wary of the foundation.

The glitzy Clinton Global Initiative gathering in New York, which has the lofty title “The Future of Impact,” was supposed to have been a celebration of the accomplishments of the $2-billion Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation’s past work as it pivots towards a future with Chelsea Clinton at the helm.

a handful of corporate donors have dropped their sponsorships, and sources who have recruited participants for CGI say it’s become increasingly difficult to raise money from large companies for meetings in which executives would just as likely appear on panels with Chelsea Clinton, rather than one of her parents

the foundation had hoped to land either Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen or French economist Thomas Piketty to deliver a presentation on income inequality. Both declined, as did Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Rock legend Elton John was invited to receive an award for his efforts to fight AIDS, but he’s not coming, and neither is New York City Mayor de Blasio. He had been invited as a guest rather than as a speaker and notably has refused to endorse Clinton, despite having managed her successful U.S. Senate campaign in 2000.

Likewise, a White House spokesman said President Barack Obama’s decision to skip CGI for the first time since taking office stemmed from his busy schedule ―

British Prime Minister David Cameron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel were among the foreign heads of state who turned down invitations

Among those who are scheduled to appear are Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.

At least five major companies that sponsored the 2014 Clinton Global Initiative have backed out of sponsoring this year’s meeting.

The sprawling 2,000-employee Clinton Foundation is also looking to become more internally efficient under its new CEO, former Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
It's like "Goodfellas" but none of the characters are particularly likable.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
quote:

Jallen; I greatly fear that this wheel only turns one way and it is going to be very difficult for the next administration to de-politicize or said another way, re-professionalize, DoJ, the IRS, and EPA.

State has been a lost cause for probably 200 years.

We like to think of the non political professionals in DOJ, fidelity to the law and the profession etc., but after reading the account of the prosecution in New Orleans of the police officers who killed some civilians in the Katrina mess, I am not as confident as I once was. That sordid fiasco revealed some real nut jobs working as US Attorneys, and in DOJ as supervisory types, appalling nonsense gotten away with in the "confidentiality" that surrounds each side of litigation and furnishes cover for abuse.

I figure the State Department to be much the same as the British Foreign Office, "taking power and influence without any responsibility... They're tarts, absolute bloody Whitehall tarts!" as one wag put it.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
It's like "Goodfellas" but none of the characters are particularly likable.

More like these characters are real criminals.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post