SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The FBI letter that bama mentioned above is this one:

Everything about this "investigation" has been ambiguous and in super slow motion. I really despise this administration.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Why all this cloak and dagger bullcrap???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The cases involve the State Department, and are civil cases. The FBI is not directly involved.

It is a long standing custom and practice, and for all I know required, for the FBI, and perhaps the entire Justice Department, to decline to confirm or deny whether there is an investigation in progress.

Judicial Watch is doing a great job dragging this stuff out, where Congress is impotent, maybe purposefully. Maybe this is why Clinton turned the server over to the FBI instead of the State Department where it should have been all along.[LIST]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Not to nitpick, but I don't think Hillary Clinton actually did turn over the server.

When the intel IG offices found 2 TS/SCI emails in a sample of only 40 emails, the FBI went to Platte River and told them to hand over the server. That was reported by Platte River representatives.

I don't think HC had an option. (despite what she now says)

At this point we can only hope that there is a lot going on that is not visible to the public, but I very concerned that the most corrupt administration in U.S. history is once again denying justice to the American people.

We haven't heard anything about the FBI examining the private computers of HC, Blumenthal, Abedin, Mills, etc. Having classified info in emails raises the very likely possibility that some of the same info is on the computer hard drives.

It is also disturbing that with a security issue as big as this could be, a person such as Pagliano can thumb his nose to the FBI by pleading the 5th. (He also refused to talk to the FBI).

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
It is also disturbing that with a security issue as big as this could be, a person such as Pagliano can thumb his nose to the FBI by pleading the 5th. (He also refused to talk to the FBI).

I fundamentally disagree.

It is his absolute right to refuse to give information that is self-incriminating. Denying him that right because of security concerns fails to recognize that harm occurref in the past and there is little to be done about it now.

If it is that important, give him blanket immunity in exchange for his complete and truthful answers to investigators' questions.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32031 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sig2340,

Lots of ways to keep Pagliano's roadblock from being effective. They can go talk to everyone who worked w Pagliano. He didn't do all of this alone.

They can examine his computer.

When the federal govt really wants to put the pressure on, they can be very effective.

They can check his federal income tax. Did he report the money paid by Hillary?

State Dept said he did not report the additional income to them. That can be prosecuted.

Everything about this case smells. I will grant that perhaps a lot is happening without visibility, but it doesn't look like it.

I think you have indicated you are familiar with high level security investigations. Did you ever see one where there seemed to be so little interest in immediately & aggressively tracking down all electronic / hard copy of uncontrolled TS/SCI material? Or even Conf / Sec material.

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
sig2340,

<snip>

I think you have indicated you are familiar with high level security investigations. Did you ever see one where there seemed to be so little interest in immediately & aggressively tracking down all electronic / hard copy of uncontrolled TS/SCI material? Or even Conf / Sec material.

I only disagreed with sdy's statement:

quote:
It is also disturbing that with a security issue as big as this could be, a person such as Pagliano can thumb his nose to the FBI by pleading the 5th.

I find the idea that a person with a clearance somehow waives rights guaranteed under the Constitution, in this case the protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment, to be repulsive. If that was permitted, where would it stop? I could see this Administration (in particular) requiring you waive the right to counsel, to keep and bear arms, and to have a jury trial, all rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

I did not say that the fed.gov can't go over his life with a fine-toothed comb looking for leverage. They should. Then, if they find leverage via another source besides his own statements, they should use that to extract the information they are looking for. If there is nothing there, give him transactional immunity to compel his testimony.

As for the last part of your post, there are lots of other cases where there seemed to be "little interest in immediately & aggressively" tracking down leaked classified material. This assumes that there is interest in pursuing a criminal prosecution or in trying to gain an understanding of what was leaked.

Take the case of that sack-of-shit traitor Aldrich Ames. He was left in his job at CIA's counter-narcotics program, even after there was a fair amount of damning evidence against him. It wasn't until they found solid evidence that he was illegally structuring deposits of the money paid him by the KGB that they moved against him, and even then, it took several months of audio surveillance inside his residence to get the really damning evidence that led to his arrest. Once they had that evidence, the CIA and FBI used the threat of a life-without sentence for his wife (Rosario?) to get him to confess and tell all. She still got five years and deported, but they left his son with her parents in Colombia rather than state run care here in the US.

In the Clinton server case, this goes beyond a simple spillage of classified information. In spillage cases there is usually aggressive action to recover the information, often without considering if there was criminal intent on the part of the person responsible. Here there is much more interest in how classified information was put onto an unclassified, non-fed.gov system, and why that was done.

While I doubt there is interest in criminal prosecution of Clinton or her crew, the optics look really bad if it was revealed that DOJ was either getting really aggressive (i.e., she'd cast it was a vast Obama-run right wing conspiracy against her) or whitewashing this matter. So, the FBI goes dark and runs along seeking whatever information they can. At the end, it will be announced that no one broke the law seriously enough to get prosecuted and the classified information in the email wasn't a big deal to see get outed. At most we might see the rules allowing private servers gets rescinded.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 32031 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
don't think he is thumbing his nose but more like trying to figure out how to save his own ass. He know's he's in deep, and has to balance his future. He knows what he did was wrong, likely knew it at the time but figured that no one would find out, and if they did, Hilz would shield him. Now that it is out, and people know his name, he either needs to come clean and try to save himself, or is keeping his mouth shut to keep from finding out what really happened to Vince Foster.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't think he is thumbing his nose but more like trying to figure out how to save his own ass. He know's he's in deep, and has to balance his future. He knows what he did was wrong, likely knew it at the time but figured that no one would find out, and if they did, Hilz would shield him. Now that it is out, and people know his name, he either needs to come clean and try to save himself, or is keeping his mouth shut to keep from finding out what really happened to Vince Foster.

And of course, Ol Hill just might pull this off, in which case the guy would be in really deep clover.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...8a2a2a679_story.html

State Department’s account of e-mail request differs from Clinton’s

Throughout the controversy over her use of a private e-mail system while she was secretary of state, Hillary Rodham Clinton has described her decision last year to turn over thousands of work-related e-mails as a response to a routine-sounding records request.

“When we were asked to help the State Department make sure they had everything from other secretaries of state, not just me, I’m the one who said, ‘Okay, great, I will go through them again,’ ” Clinton said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “And we provided all of them.”

But State Department officials provided new information Tuesday that undercuts Clinton’s characterization. They said the request was not about general recordkeeping but was prompted entirely by the discovery that Clinton had exclusively used a private e-mail system.

They also said they first contacted her in the summer of 2014, at least three months before the agency asked Clinton and three of her predecessors to provide their e-mails.

The discrepancy between Clinton’s timetable and the new information from the State Department prompted a terse letter Tuesday from Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, who has been investigating whether Clinton’s e-mail practices compromised national security.

In the letter, he pointed to documents suggesting that Clinton’s staff moved quickly that summer after she was first contacted about her private account.

He cited a July 23, 2014, e-mail in which employees at Platte River Networks, the private company that was then maintaining her server, discussed sending copies of Clinton’s e-mails overnight to Cheryl Mills, a longtime Clinton adviser. A spokesman for the company confirmed Tuesday that its workers started pulling Clinton’s e-mails to submit to Mills in July 2014.

A Clinton campaign official did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

By casting her actions as part of a routine agency review, Clinton, the Democratic front-runner for the White House, has sought to play down any suggestion that her decision to use a private e-mail system was unusual or problematic.

She has said repeatedly that it was “permitted” by the State Department and widely known in the Obama administration.

In the spring and summer of 2014, while it was in the process of trying to find records sought by the newly formed House Select Committee on Benghazi, the State Department’s congressional affairs office found Clinton’s personal e-mail address listed on a few records in a batch of Benghazi documents. And there were no government account emails for Clinton.

“We realized there was a problem,” said a State Department official who until that moment had not been aware of Clinton’s private e-mail set-up. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
She has said repeatedly that it was “permitted” by the State Department and widely known in the Obama administration.

While the regulations and policies in place may have provided for such a system, I want to see a signed USDOS or Executive Office of the President memorandum where she, as SECSTATE, specifically detailed her plan to use a private server and non- fed.gov email addresses for official business that was signed and accepted by the federal records manager at State, or that was signed by Obama, his Chief of Staff, or the head of NARA.

Until that day... which will never come.....

Nice is overrated

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Tonight it's being reported (Bloomberg is the source) that the FBI has recovered her personal AND work related emails. Don't know the details but they apparently have been found.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Cue the "leaks" detailing her intense yoga routine... Roll Eyes

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.bloomberg.com/polit...nton-server-ievzwh89

The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s success at salvaging personal e-mails that Clinton said had been deleted raises the possibility that the Democratic presidential candidate’s correspondence eventually could become public.

The disclosure of such e-mails would likely fan the controversy over Clinton’s use of a private e-mail system for official business.

The FBI is investigating how and why classified information ended up on Clinton’s server.

The probe probably will take at least several more months, according to the person, who described the matter on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing and deals with sensitive information.

Once the e-mails have been extracted, a group of agents has been separating personal correspondence and passing along work-related messages to agents leading the investigation, the person said.

Internal government watchdogs have determined that classified information ended up on the system. Their findings sparked the FBI inquiry.

Clinton’s attorney, David Kendall, did not respond to phone calls or e-mails seeking comment.

The bureau’s probe is expected to last at least several more months

Andy Boian, a spokesman for the Platte River, said the FBI last month asked the company to hand over the server. Platte River asked the Clintons what it should do, and within 24 hours a representative for the Clintons told the company to provide the device to agents, Boian said.

Clinton’s use of a private e-mail system is being examined by congressional committees that have the power to subpoena the FBI to obtain the messages.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Tonight it's being reported (Bloomberg is the source) that the FBI has recovered her personal AND work related emails. Don't know the details but they apparently have been found.
Not surprising. My bte, Platte River found a back-up copy of the server, which they should have been performing on a somewhat regular basis. Email never goes away once you hit the send button. It just depends how hard someone wants to look to find it.

Hopefully there's a smoking gun or two in what they've found that will end this bitch once and for all.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
My fear is that Bill has loaned her his Teflon spray and she will slip and slide right into the nomination.

They only roadblock I can see is the entry of Crazy Old Uncle Joe.

The Dems need to assign someone to keep him from locking himself in his car the night of his acceptance speech and missing his time slot.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20391 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/polit...nton-server-ievzwh89

The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s success at salvaging personal e-mails that Clinton said had been deleted raises the possibility that the Democratic presidential candidate’s correspondence eventually could become public.

The disclosure of such e-mails would likely fan the controversy over Clinton’s use of a private e-mail system for official business.

The FBI is investigating how and why classified information ended up on Clinton’s server.

The probe probably will take at least several more months, according to the person, who described the matter on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing and deals with sensitive information.

Once the e-mails have been extracted, a group of agents has been separating personal correspondence and passing along work-related messages to agents leading the investigation, the person said.

Internal government watchdogs have determined that classified information ended up on the system. Their findings sparked the FBI inquiry.

Clinton’s attorney, David Kendall, did not respond to phone calls or e-mails seeking comment.

The bureau’s probe is expected to last at least several more months

Andy Boian, a spokesman for the Platte River, said the FBI last month asked the company to hand over the server. Platte River asked the Clintons what it should do, and within 24 hours a representative for the Clintons told the company to provide the device to agents, Boian said.

Clinton’s use of a private e-mail system is being examined by congressional committees that have the power to subpoena the FBI to obtain the messages.

Congress can't really enforce a subpoena as it is dependent on the Justice Department to take the violation to court.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Drip Drip Drip. . .

EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton Email Company Was Hacked By Foreign Attackers

The company that Hillary Clinton paid to manage her private email network was the victim of a massive international hack during the period in which Clinton was employing it, Breitbart News has learned.

Hillary Clinton used the company Internap as the internet service provider for her private email account during her tenure as Secretary of State. Internap, based in Atlanta, has a facility in Manhattan, near the the physical location of the IP address for clintonemail.com.

In March 2011, the security company RSA was hacked. The hackers got into the company’s system through a malware-infested email sent to an employee, then installed a “backdoor” and stole data. RSA called it “an extremely sophisticated cyber attack.”

RSA was not the only victim of the attack. A victim list showed that more than 760 other organizations were also “compromised.” Internap appeared five times on the full victim list.

Five different “blocks” of Internap hosted services – which could include websites, email services, and email-storage and cloud services – were hit in the 2011 attack. A computer expert tells Breitbart News that Internap networks could have been used by the hackers to help it get to RSA or other targets.

China was the home source of 299 of the 338 command and control networks that the hackers used to carry out the attacks, according to an analysis at the time by cyber security expert Brian Krebbs.

The names of the domains used by the hackers included taunts at the United States. The domains included “usgoodluck.com,” “obama.servehttp.com,” and “prc.dynamiclink.ddns.us.” (The “prc” in the latter domain might have represented “People’s Republic of China,” according to Krebbs).

Internap, like other Internet service providers, was also the victim of numerous less-sophisticated denial-of-service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks during the period that Clinton was employing the company. In a DDoS attack, the targeted computer is clogged by the orchestrated arrival of many millions of commonplace computer-to-computer contacts.

“Internap is under a huge DDOS attack affecting our CDN,” an executive at a Fillipino online market told customers on Google Plus on September 5, 2011. “We currently turned off our CDN until Softlayer/Internap solve the CDN issues.”

“Who the hell can DDOS huge providers like Internap wherein it can affect the entire CDN service? Poor engineering or still the achilles heel of cloud computing?,” the executive added.

The attacks continued.

“Just got confirmation from Internap NOC that they are being attacked again,” a poster commented on a tech forum in February 2014. “Causing quite a bit of chaos for my network in SoCal. ”

“*grumble* I wonder if that’s what’s causing the NANOG video stream to be choppy?,” another commenter replied. “I know Internap is providing the connectivity for the conference. If so, I sure wish the attackers would have waited one more day.”

During Superstorm Sandy, Internap published a snarky tweet making fun of rival Amazon before its own data center went down during the storm.

“Could ‘Frankenstorm’ Lead To Another AWS #Outage” Internap tweeted.

When Internap’s New York building closed due to flooding, a user tweeted back, “Karma a bitch for @internap?”

Hillary Clinton’s private email server went down during Superstorm Sandy, which was one of three known times that Clinton’s server went down while she was at the State Department. As Breitbart News reported, Clinton’s server had an open webmail portal that made it highly vulnerable to hackers.

Internap did not return a request for comment for this report.

But Internap was not the only Hillary Clinton email contractor that could have exposed Clinton’s confidential data to hacks.

Clinton’s email domain clintonemail.com is managed by a company called Network Solutions, which manages domains and provides a service that Clinton uses to protect the anonymity of the people running her server from mandatory disclosures on databases.

In 2010, potentially 500,000 Network Solutions domains hosted malware on their sites as part of a hack involving a Ukranian “attack server.”

“We have received reports that Network Solutions customers are seeing malicious code added to their websites, and we are really sorry for this experience,” a Network Solutions spokesperson said in 2010. “At this time, since anything we say in public may help the perpetrators, we are unable to provide details.”

Posts: 3584 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/zgTy_fkbzpc

This is another Project Veritas video.

It is just scary about how many votes the Dems might be getting by illegal means.

These campaign workers make me sick.