SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Excellent! The man has a gift!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20391 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ol' Hil just knew for sure that she was going to be the next president, but now, it's not a sure thing, and it gets less sure each passing day.

She might be delusional enough to think the only way to make this all disappear is to become President and make it go away. She is trying in vain to explain this as a right wing conspiracy, rather than a legal problem.

Notice nobody is coming to her defense. Her yes people are, but where is Harry Reid, or Feinstein, Pelosi, or Biden, or Obama?

Perhaps the Dems are smiling as the knife gets pushed further into Hillary each day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ol' Hil just knew for sure that she was going to be the next president, but now, it's not a sure thing, and it gets less sure each passing day.

She might be delusional enough to think the only way to make this all disappear is to become President and make it go away. She is trying in vain to explain this as a right wing conspiracy, rather than a legal problem.

Notice nobody is coming to her defense. Her yes people are, but where is Harry Reid, or Feinstein, Pelosi, or Biden, or Obama?

Perhaps the Dems are smiling as the knife gets pushed further into Hillary each day.

Nobody knows exactly what happened yet, and jumping out in front has little to recommend it, not much upside and a daunting downside.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Hillary is screwed. The thing about technology is that it's constantly advancing. Thinking you can wipe a server clean and the info will be gone forever is beyond naive.

I can't imagine they didn't just remove the hard drive, destroy it with extreme prejudice and replace it.

Has anyone heard whether there have been reports that the server taken into custody by the FBI has the original hard drive in it?

Posts: 6083 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Podesta said the surrogates would be unleashed.

Here is an example. Julian Epstein is former Democratic chief counsel to the House Judiciary Committee

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...ver-column/32042775/

As to the alleged mishandling of classified information, once again, the relevant law is crystal clear.

The pertinent federal statute requires “knowingly” transferring classified information to an unauthorized location.

Transmitting information that wasn’t known to be classified — even if the failure to classify was an obvious mistake — is not a crime under this statute.

The latest reporting makes clear that even the emails the CIA now contends contained Top Secret information had no classification markings and did not reference any sensitive intelligence methods or contain any other hallmarks of classified sourcing.

they will keep pretending that the most senior people in the State Dept did not know what constituted classified material from Confidential to Top Secret

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
...Julian Epstein is former Democratic chief counsel to the House Judiciary Committee

As to the alleged mishandling of classified information, once again, the relevant law is crystal clear.

The pertinent federal statute requires “knowingly” transferring classified information to an unauthorized location.

Transmitting information that wasn’t known to be classified — even if the failure to classify was an obvious mistake — is not a crime under this statute.

I heard one supposed expert say that there was legal (or at least department-policy) liability if the person transferring the info should have known the info needed to be classified, even if it wasn't marked as such. I'm sure some info would be up for debate, while other info would more clearly be in need of classification.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here is an example. Julian Epstein is former Democratic chief counsel to the House Judiciary Committee

The latest reporting makes clear that even the emails the CIA now contends contained Top Secret information had no classification markings and did not reference any sensitive intelligence methods or contain any other hallmarks of classified sourcing.

they will keep pretending that the most senior people in the State Dept did not know what constituted classified material from Confidential to Top Secret

What if you were designated with the responsibility to classify it?

I'm not sure the defense of incompetence will sell well.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only problem with that is this: 'Born classified': Hillary Clinton's best argument in the email scandal just got destroyed

quote:

The new stamps indicate that some of Clinton's emails from her time as the nation's most senior diplomat are filled with a type of information the US government and the department's own regulations automatically deems classified from the get-go — regardless of whether it is already marked that way or not.

In the small fraction of emails made public so far, Reuters has found at least 30 email threads from 2009, representing scores of individual emails, that include what the State Department's own "Classified" stamps now identify as so-called 'foreign government information.' The US government defines this as any information, written or spoken, provided in confidence to US officials by their foreign counterparts.

Oops!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Haha@the drawing...Squaw Warren peeking out from behind the tree.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:

Furthermore there is also a duty to protect classified materiel. In general this would require that established guidelines and protocols are followed. Deliberately ignoring these guidelines and protocols does seem to imply knowingly releasing classified materiel.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1514 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Order them here: Link

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have one of those stickers, so why is it my Spidey Sense told me to stop putting in information at checkout?

I just had a bad feeling when I was giving them my info, so I backed out.

I think I'm having 2012 Romney donation flashbacks. They wouldn't leave me alone for the longest time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The WSJ editors thank that Hillary will stay in the race until she is actually indicted and perhaps will not pull out even then.
Recall that Bill did not resign even after he was impeached, but chose a trial.

As long as the money is coming in, the Clinton’s will persist, hoping that something will turn up.

The Democratic Party has not selected a nominee yet, and until that happens they can officially stay out of this mess.

Someone made a statement which seems to me to ring true; Hillary will not be indicted unless BHO wants her to be, if he decides that she should be, she will be.

Watch out for plea bargains down to misdemeanors, mopery perhaps.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Conducting Government business on a private server,and then refusing to surrender this information to the Government is illegal whether or not it contains classified information. Add in the classified material and you have now committed separate offenses. She should have been arrested already.

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
My dad (after serving on a minesweeper during Vietnam) worked in U.S. embassies and consulates for a quarter century behind Class 6 vault doors, sending and receiving messages. You can bet your hiney that any breech of protocol vis-à-vis classified material would result in immediate removal from post and possible arrest. Not only that, it would be a violation of procedure to fail to self-report any breech, perceived or otherwise.

This ain't my dad's State Dept. Mad

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
With someone as connected as Hillary Clinton, I highly doubt any criminal consequences for several reasons. She has been in Washington for over 25 years, her husband appointed many of the judges in the system and the others are friends or friends of friends. Probably over half of the Republican establishment would come to her defense along with the democrats who would love to see her taken out politically, but not criminally. Couple that with the many loopholes and the difficulty of proving cases like this, especially when the defense has unlimited resources. If it's Joe Schmoe with a public defender or a local attorney on a 10K retainer, it's a totally different story. Hillary controls the levers of power with the government bureaucracy and has the best attorneys money can buy.

I'll be content to see her crippled politically - preferably after she gets the nomination, but that is appearing unlikely at this point with the rate of leaks and momentum making it look like the dems will have to tap someone else to jump in the race and run. I don't see her quitting, she is a bitter clinger and knows this is her last chance to get the power she so desperately desires and thinks she deserves.

Another example of Hillary and the levers of power - State Dept putting out new guidelines for employees and former employees ahead of any more Benghazi or email testimony.

Critics say new State Department guidelines meant to 'chill' employee speech

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://freebeacon.com/politics...rences-from-website/

The firm Hillary Clinton hired to manage her private email server quietly removed information from its website in recent days, including references to its partnership with a Colorado data-scrubbing company.

Platte River Networks, the Denver-based company that hosted Clinton’s email server, deleted several pages from its website, including a section about how it outsources its data-disposal work to a local firm called Techno Rescue . That page appears to have been removed earlier this month, but can still be viewed in a cached version on major search engines.

On the now-removed page, Platte River Networks said it provided its customers with “complimentary e-waste technology recycling” through its partnership with Techno Rescue, including the “disposal of data still residing on old technology.”

“In order to ensure our customers recycle responsibly, we provide them complimentary e-waste technology recycling,” said Platte River Networks. “We partner with Techno Rescue—a fully certified Colorado Electronics Recycling and Data Destruction E-waste company.

It is illegal and socially irresponsible to throw your electronics in the trash. Responsible electronics recycling also includes the safe and proper disposal of data still residing on old technology.”

On the Techno Rescue website, Platte River Networks’ director of business development David DeCamillis said his company “use[s] Techno Rescue for all our customers technology recycling needs.”

An attorney for Platte River Networks told reporters earlier this month that Clinton’s private server was made “blank” as of June 2013 but did not clarify how this process took place

There is something seriously wrong with the statement

"An attorney for Platte River Networks told reporters earlier this month that Clinton’s private server was made “blank” as of June 2013"

What is the problem ?

Because team Clinton says they electronically sorted the emails about November 2014. And then erased the emails.

So how could the server be blank in June 2013?

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if she's seriously mentally ill...This level of delusion is amazing.

No it's not. The Kenyan who whipped her ass in 2008 exhibits the very same delusions as does debBiE wanKerman whatever her name is.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20391 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
oops. some more

Techno Rescue says it uses a Department of Defense standardized method for data removal that guarantees “100 percent data destruction.”

“Even if you run forensic data recovery, the disk will be clean,” Allis told the Highlands Ranch Herald in 2009.

But the company has also come under fire for its business practices. A 2010 Colorado I-News Network investigation found that Techno Rescue was “recycling” electronics by shipping them to Hong Kong, a practice that is frowned upon for environmental and security reasons.

Techno Rescue is registered to comply with international environmental standards, according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s facilities registration database.

Techno Rescue’s Iyad Allis is listed as the company’s regulatory contact in the EPA database. He was charged with selling illegal firearms and bank fraud in a 2008 FBI sting, according to court records. He ultimately pleaded guilty in 2009 to four counts of bank fraud.

A spokesperson for the Clinton campaign on Thursday afternoon did not comment on who was directly responsible for wiping the server or whether an outside company was used.