SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I have been critical of the State Dept and FBI for moving too slow on this email issue. But it does sound like the pace is picking up pretty quick.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...iscrepancy/72655122/

Des Moines Register

Just before Clinton sat down for a 105-minute meeting with the Register's editorial board, the Washington Post posted a news story that said the State Department's request for her emails was "prompted entirely by the discovery that Clinton had exclusively used a private e-mail system."

That contradicts what Clinton has been saying, which is that agency officials asked her for her emails as part of a benign, general record-keeping effort to sweep up "everything from other secretaries of state, not just me," as she said Sunday.

After the editorial board meeting, a Register reporter asked Clinton if she could explain the discrepancy between her characterization of why she turned over the emails and the State Department's.

"I don't know that. I can't answer that," Clinton answered. "All I know is that they sent the same letter to everybody. That's my understanding."

The Register told Clinton that the Post was reporting that State Department officials contacted her in the summer of 2014 — a sign that officials had been caught off guard upon discovering she had used a private server to conduct government business. That was at least three months before the agency asked Clinton and three of her predecessors to provide their emails, the Post reported.

"You're telling me something I don't know," Clinton said. "All I know is what I have said. What I have said is it was allowed. The State Department has confirmed that. The same letter went to, as far as I know, my predecessors, and I'm the one who said, 'Hey, I'll be glad to help.'

"But we'll give you additional information as we get it."

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Foxnews.com
Federal investigators reportedly have recovered work-related and personal emails from Hillary Clinton's time as secretary of state that the Democratic presidential front-runner claimed had been deleted from her personal server.

The recovery of the emails was first reported by Bloomberg News late Tuesday. The initial report, which cited a source familiar with the FBI investigation into Clinton's private email server, was corroborated by The New York Times, which cited two government officials.

<snip>

An intelligence source told Fox News earlier this month that investigators were "confident" they could recover the deleted records. The source said that whoever had been deputized to scrub the server must "not be a very good IT guy. There are different standards to scrub when you do it for government versus commercial."

It is not known when exactly Mrs. Clinton “wiped” her server, nor who was directed to do so. However, it seems the move came after October 2014, when the State Department requested personal emails be returned as part of her business records.

The source also told Fox News an FBI "A-team" is leading the "extremely serious" investigation into Clinton's server and the focus includes a provision of the law pertaining to "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information. The section of the Espionage Act in question is known as 18 US Code 793.

<snip>

From an intelligence source.

That makes me smile. Payback is a bitch

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31559 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is tempting to connect dots that in reality have no relationship.

But it does seem interesting that on 21 Sept the FBI sends out a letter that says "we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any ongoing investigation, ..."

and the very next day there is a breaking news story that the FBI has recovered emails from H Clinton's private email server. (from "a person familiar with the investigation")

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
And according to Fox, there were both personal and WORK emails recovered. Hilz says she only deleted Yoga crap, and turned over all the work email. And outside her koolaid drinkers, no one believed that.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Be careful on that one.

Clinton's lawyer said both the personal and the work emails were deleted from the server, but at different times.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sometimes it is tempting to connect dots that in reality have no relationship.

But it does seem interesting that on 21 Sept the FBI sends out a letter that says "we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any ongoing investigation, ..."

and the very next day there is a breaking news story that the FBI has recovered emails from H Clinton's private email server. (from "a person familiar with the investigation")

That is FBI standard response to all inquiries. As one agent said to me, "the FBI gathers information, not provide it."

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
What about the 5 month gap in the emails that were turned over? Hopefully, the FBI can recover those 5 months from the server.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton’s campaign “feel like the fever” over her Clinton’s emails “has lifted”

http://www.breitbart.com/video...il-fever-has-lifted/

Former Michigan Governor and Correct the Record Senior Advisor Jennifer Granholm said that people within Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s campaign “feel like the fever” over her Clinton’s emails “has lifted”

Granholm stated that at Clinton’s campaign headquarters, “there was a sense yesterday, she’s hitting her stride, Hillary Clinton’s hitting her stride.

Granholm then discussed the email story, wondering, “is it so shocking? Do we really believe that these experts at the FBI are not going to recover her private email? … I mean, this — it was reported back by the New York Times in March of this past year that she was responding to both the Benghazi inquiries, and to this letter that she got from the State Department asking for emails. So, it’s sort of a non-story.”

She also pointed to the results of a recent Bloomberg poll showing her 70% favorability rating among Democrats and that 61% don’t care about her emails before stating, “Before yesterday, no one in the past two avails that she had had, nobody was asking about the email thing. People want to know now, already, she’s apologized. Let’s move on.”

Remember some time ago when Podesta said he would unleash an army of surrogates to address the email issue ?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Hillary Clinton’s campaign “feel like the fever” over her Clinton’s emails “has lifted”

http://www.breitbart.com/video...il-fever-has-lifted/

Former Michigan Governor and Correct the Record Senior Advisor Jennifer Granholm said that people within Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s campaign “feel like the fever” over her Clinton’s emails “has lifted”

Granholm stated that at Clinton’s campaign headquarters, “there was a sense yesterday, she’s hitting her stride, Hillary Clinton’s hitting her stride.

Granholm then discussed the email story, wondering, “is it so shocking? Do we really believe that these experts at the FBI are not going to recover her private email? … I mean, this — it was reported back by the New York Times in March of this past year that she was responding to both the Benghazi inquiries, and to this letter that she got from the State Department asking for emails. So, it’s sort of a non-story.”

She also pointed to the results of a recent Bloomberg poll showing her 70% favorability rating among Democrats and that 61% don’t care about her emails before stating, “Before yesterday, no one in the past two avails that she had had, nobody was asking about the email thing. People want to know now, already, she’s apologized. Let’s move on.”

Remember some time ago when Podesta said he would unleash an army of surrogates to address the email issue ?

I wouldn't exactly call that "addressing the issue."

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jennifer Granholm said that people within Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s campaign “feel like the fever” over her Clinton’s emails “has lifted”

Sounds more like the fever has made her delusional as well.

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hil's got da 'bola.

Posts: 108126 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It seems like maybe the only people who don't know her campaign is over are inside her campaign.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Some Questions;

Are we to believe that the same servers and components were used the entire time (+4 years), no hard drives exchanged etc.? Total recovery is not possible with when servers were swapped around etc. unless everything was carefully backed up. Since the period while the server was teleported to Denver from NY was active but the server “teleported” was out of use, email was handled somewhere, no? Question; how many servers are there, was this all backed up to a separate server? Server, servers, who has Hillary's Server(s)?

Are we to believe that while Sidney Blumenthal’s email exchanges with Hillary were hacked, hers to others were not? I am not a hacker, never played one on TV, and have not stayed in a Holiday Inn for years, but I find this hard to believe.

Since we here have figured this all out, do we think the FBI and NSA have not figured this all out and far more? They certainly have more information than do we.

Given all of the potential damage to national security, are we to believe that Democrat Politics are not involved in what amount to a cover up which makes Watergate look puny in comparison.

Remember, in the case of Watergate, the initial crime was basically minor; it was the attempted cover-up that was the serious crime.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It seems like maybe the only people who don't know her campaign is over are inside her campaign.
Big Grin

The American Way is to keep playing as best you can, even when the score is 63-7 and it's the two minute warning. The fans have all gone out to tailgate, the bands are playing "Nearer My God To Thee" but the team keeps on lining up.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The American Way is to keep playing as best you can...
Since when is this cockroach Hillary an American?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108126 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, yes, remember for many of these people the Clinton Mob is their life and career, if the mob breaks up or is broken up, they become jobless, and if we are fortunate; imprisoned.

This sort of thing is hard to handle emotionally; here you go from Aide to the POTUS to Federal Prisoner XXXXX.

Denial here is to be expected.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
Given all of the potential damage to national security, are we to believe that Democrat Politics are not involved in what amount to a cover up which makes Watergate look puny in comparison.

That's kinda one of the punch lines in this whole Democratic comedy routine. It looks like O could be protecting her. It looks like O could be setting her up with the ultimate objective of killing her Presidential bid. Both could be true; it makes sense for O to take her out politically if he can do so without doing too much damage to other Democrats in the next election.

I wish we could say for sure what's up, but even the memoirs written by insiders years from now will be based on incomplete information and private agendas.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Don't be surprised if the AG and others are working hard to make sure nothing comes of this at all, based on all the "nothing" that has come of anything prior against the left.

Posts: 23750 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Don't be surprised if the AG and others are working hard to make sure nothing comes of this at all, based on all the "nothing" that has come of anything prior against the left.

Maybe.

But if Obama wants Biden to be his 3rd term, he wants Hillary out of the race. The problem is in trying to let her down gently, so the back splash of shit doesn't hit him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

hmmmm, maybe, but stinky hates hitlery and slick willie, so maybe it'll just sit and watch her continue to hang herself...

oh, and uncle joe already has ads running on yahoo (mail) Roll Eyes

barf Razz