SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Keep going and finish Hamas!

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.jpost.com/arab-isr...-news/article-772934

Hamas's original plan for October 7 went beyond just a massacre in the Gaza border area and taking hundreds of hostages, but to continue their assault up to the border with the West Bank, The Washington Post reported Sunday, citing Western and Middle Eastern security officials briefed on collected evidence.

This information was obtained from numerous maps, notes, supplies, and other written instructions found among the bodies of dead Hamas terrorists in the Gaza border area, as well as from interrogations of Hamas captives.

On October 7, Hamas terrorists executed a meticulously planned mass infiltration of Israel, under the cover of a heavy rocket bombardment. There, they managed to wreak havoc on at least 22 Israeli towns and military outposts near the Gaza border throughout the day, killing around 1,200 Israelis and abducting hundreds of people to bring back to Gaza as hostages.

The farthest the Hamas terrorists were able to infiltrate was the city of Ofakim in the Western Negev, around halfway between Gaza and the West Bank.

However, according to the Washington Post article, the evidence suggests they were planning on going much farther, hitting major cities and military bases, and could have ended up making it to the West Bank, where Hamas has allies in the form of many local armed Palestinian terrorist cells.

This also comes as Israel's attention shifted away from Gaza and Hamas – particularly after the last round of fighting in 2021, Operation Guardians of the Wall – towards the West Bank, which had been seeing a dramatic upsurge in violence and terrorism.

This, however, may have allowed Hamas to discreetly and methodically plot its plan over time, training terrorists and gathering intelligence in the utmost secrecy.

"They were conning Israel on a strategic level, using handheld radios, land-wire networks in the tunnels and other comms that we couldn’t listen to, while using codes on the so-called open networks, which they knew we were listening to," former Israeli National Security Council deputy head Eran Etzion said, according to The Washington Post. "They were creating an alternative reality."

"They were very clear-eyed as to what would happen to Gaza on the day after," a senior Israeli military official told the outlet. "They wanted to buy their place in history — a place in the history of jihad — at the expense of the lives of many people in Gaza."

However, while Hamas may have expected this level of Israeli response, the involvement of the US may have come as a surprise.

"An Israeli response? Yes, we expected that," senior Hamas political leadership member Ali Barakeh told The Financial Times in late October. "But what we're seeing now is the entrance of the US into the battle, and this we didn't count on."

At the time of writing, Israeli troops have managed to make heavy gains in the northern Gaza Strip, claiming that Hamas has lost control of the area and has encircled Gaza City.

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...nt-let-them-have-it/

The IDF provided 300 liters of fuel for urgent medical purposes for the Shifa Hospital; Hamas prevented the hospital from receiving the fuel

Last night, the IDF coordinated the transfer of fuel for urgent medical use to the Shifa Hospital.

Early in the morning, IDF troops arrived at the entrance of the hospital and placed 300 liters of fuel for urgent medical purposes.

Later, the IDF received evidence that Hamas officials prevented the hospital from receiving the fuel.

The IDF provided journalists with two recordings: one “between a senior Israeli official at the Coordination and Liaison Headquarters and a senior Gazan official at the Shifa Hospital, coordinating the delivery of fuel to the hospital’s entrance”; and another conversation “between an IDF officer and a senior official in the health ministry in Gaza who states that the CEO of the Hamas Health Ministry, Yosef Abu Rish, forbade them and prevented them from receiving the fuel.”

IDF:

Our troops risked their lives to hand-deliver 300 liters of fuel to the Shifa hospital for urgent medical purposes.

Hamas forbade the hospital from taking it.

Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry has been warning for weeks that its hospitals are running out of fuel. If so, why would they prevent the hospital from receiving it?

video here:
https://twitter.com/IDF/status...-let-them-have-it%2F

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Just another bit of proof that Hamas is the enemy of both Palestinians and peace.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15704 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...-gaza-city-hospital/

Combined ground and air assets of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) eliminated a heavily armed terror cell that opened fire Monday from Al-Quds Hospital in Gaza City.

The 21-member cell had started shooting at troops of the 188th Armored Brigade with light arms and RPGs, while being “embedded within a group of civilians at the entrance of the hospital.”

The IDF set out in a statement what happened next:

"The soldiers identified a terrorist squad with two RPG launchers amongst the civilians. As a result of the shooting carried out by the terrorists, a tank was damaged. The soldiers fired toward the terrorists. During the exchange of fire, civilians were seen leaving the hospital building, and other terrorists who came out of adjacent buildings hid among them and joined the attempted attack. After the terrorists fired RPGs, they returned to hide in the hospital.

The combat team of the 188th Brigade, which included armored, engineering, infantry troops and with the assistance of the Air Force, responded with fire and fired shells toward the sources of the fire.

During the incident, approximately 21 terrorists were killed and there were no casualties to our forces. This incident is another example of Hamas’ continued abuse of civilian structures, including hospitals, to carry out attacks."

video at link

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
good video of Shifa hospital:

https://www.breitbart.com/midd...-gaza-city-hospital/

The two pics are from different directions. you can get oriented because one side is curved

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hamas’ grip has loosened enough that scores of civilians have been able to make to make it safety. Terrorists are still shooting at Gazans trying to flee south, but those who have made it to IDF lines have reportedly been providing valuable intelligence on the whereabouts of Hamas hideouts and weapons stashes. The IDF did a leaflet drop, promising financial compensation for any information on the whereabouts of the 200-plus civilians that were taken by Hamas on October 7. Most who replied didn’t want money, just safe passage out of the war zone

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ntelligence-n2631087

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Just think what the Gazans COULD have done with that $47 Billion goodbye 'kiss' it had gratefullyreceived from Israel some time back!

They are going to be needing ten times that to rebuild this wasteland, thanks to hamas.

Posts: 11381 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
In the basement of Gaza hospital - are we surprised?

https://fb.watch/oj2M_fafRG/

Posts: 11381 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Piers Morgan is an anti gunner, and I shall not ever forget the post Sandy Hook days. But, with stuff like this, his stock rises a tick.

[url=https://twitter.com/i/status/1724182924726067474]https://twitter.com/i/status/1724182924726067474[/url] [FLASH_VIDEO]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7295 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Piers Morgan is a anti gunner, and I shall not ever forget the post Sandy Hook days. But, with stuff like this, his stock rises a tick.

[FLASH_VIDEO]https://twitter.com/i/status/1724182924726067474 [FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1724182924726067474" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 648px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 20px; background-size: 300px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I wouldn't piss on Mr Corbin if he was on fire.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Back to NYU law student Ryna Workman

You may remember Ryna Workman as the NYU Law student who, as Student Bar Association President, wrote a breezy note which refused to condemn the Hamas attack on Israel. “Israel bears full responsibility for this tremendous loss of life. This regime of state-sanctioned violence created the conditions that made resistance necessary. I will not condemn Palestinian resistance,” Workman wrote.

Workman has started a GoFundMe. Workman has accumulated a total of 26 donations totaling just under $1,900.

She says:

"After speaking up for Palestinian human rights, my world has shifted in the wake of institutional backlash and targeted racist and transphobic harassment and doxxing. I want to continue to use my voice, but the lack of support from my school and the continued harassment online have made it incredibly difficult.

For me, this all began with a message I sent to my fellow NYU Law students, where I voiced my support for the human rights of Palestinians. My message came across as insensitive to the suffering of Israelis during a time of crisis, and that is not what I intended. I am surprised and disheartened that many have read malicious intent into my email. I intended to call attention to the lack of coverage about Palestinians and the humanitarian crisis in Gaza – a crisis that has escalated exponentially since I sent that email on Tuesday, October 10.

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been removed as student body president; some alumni have been campaigning for disciplinary action and even my expulsion from law school; the firm I had lined up to work at after graduation revoked my job offer; and I’ve been getting death threats online. The harassment campaign against me has targeted all facets of my identity – the fact that I am Black, the fact that I am queer, the fact that I am nonbinary. It is not only because of what I said but because of who I am that all this is happening to me."

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Gal Gadot (who did 2 years in the IDF) sponsored a screening of the raw footage taken from Hamas terrorists during the October 7th attack to combat the misinformation. In the definition of irony, fighting broke out at the screening location, the Museum of Tolerance...

Posts: 4006 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Israeli soldiers have stormed Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza to root out Hamas terrorists US intelligence has said are hiding in an underground command centre as Palestinian authorities have called for a ceasefire to evacuate trapped civilians.

The Israeli military entered the hospital early Wednesday morning in a 'precise and targeted operation against Hamas in a specified area' of the facility, the IDF said in a statement.

The army surrounded the facility as part of its ground offensive against Hamas. Israeli authorities claim the militants conceal military operations in the facility, which is supported by an earlier statement by the White House. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12749281

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9177 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The great and clear-thinking Senator Kennedy.

https://twitter.com/SenJohnKen.../1724457920786550886

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
This is a video from six days ago where Reporter Douglas Murray schools Piers Morgan:

Douglas Murray lashes Jeremy Corbyn on Israel-Hamas stance:

Posts: 4006 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Get a load of this bullshit.

The WH is upset the IDF assaulted the phony Hamas hospital and they didn’t give them “permission” to do that!

The balls on this administration I swear. Roll Eyes

Israel says it HAS found weapons 'and other things' beneath Al-Shifa after US says it 'did not give the OK' for hospital raid: World now waits to see evidence of what IDF discovered - as Hamas dismisses 'lies and propaganda

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Get a load of this bullshit.

The WH is upset the IDF assaulted the phony Hamas hospital and they didn’t give them “permission” to do that!

The balls on this administration I swear. Roll Eyes

Israel says it HAS found weapons 'and other things' beneath Al-Shifa after US says it 'did not give the OK' for hospital raid: World now waits to see evidence of what IDF discovered - as Hamas dismisses 'lies and propaganda

What the hell, does Biden think Israel is like Kansas? They don't need any ones permission to defend themselves.

If course Hamas is going to deny it. They have no moral code that says they must be honest to infidels.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38061 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
if you hold the purse strings you can talk a lot of trash

Posts: 2908 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post